Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

In addition to Power Slam and WOW and any other random mags the newsagent used to get in,I used to buy Raw,WWF Magazine,the Smackdown one they released a few years later as well as the once off mags they produced about individual wrestlers (Rock,HHH when he was coming back from injury in 01,the special 'Stone Cold truth' one after Austin had pissed off home,divas specials etc)

So much wasted money from my first teenage job.Can't imagine any kid would be bothered buying them these days considering how much better features there are on WWE.com alone.

Edited by DCW

ICW just announced BBC have already started filming a sequel to the Insane Fight Club documentary, due to air some time next year.

Should make for an interesting doc this time round, the return of Drew Galloway and ICW moving to a bigger venue. Not to mention the 4 week engagement at the Edinburgh Fringe!

• Paid Members

In addition to Power Slam and WOW and any other random mags the newsagent used to get in,I used to buy Raw,WWF Magazine,the Smackdown one they released a few years later as well as the once off mags they produced about individual wrestlers (Rock,HHH when he was coming back from injury in 01,the special 'Stone Cold truth' one after Austin had pissed off home,divas specials etc)

So much wasted money from my first teenage job.Can't imagine any kid would be bothered buying them these days considering how much better features there are on WWE.com alone.

Don't forget that Wrestlemania X7 special that had promo pictures of the whole roster in it.

It's a shame to see WWE mag go, I used to always get WCW magazine and occasionally the WWF/E one. It's not a coincidence that the last two issues I bought were both in an airport before flights though, charging the best part of a fiver for month old news and interviews isn't the best business plan in 2014. What about the WWE Kids magazine? That seems to be everywhere and it must be pretty cheap to produce because it's 90% drawings.

• Paid Members

Don't forget that Wrestlemania X7 special that had promo pictures of the whole roster in it.

It's a shame to see WWE mag go, I used to always get WCW magazine and occasionally the WWF/E one. It's not a coincidence that the last two issues I bought were both in an airport before flights though, charging the best part of a fiver for month old news and interviews isn't the best business plan in 2014. What about the WWE Kids magazine? That seems to be everywhere and it must be pretty cheap to produce because it's 90% drawings.

That would bump up the cost to me, having to commission artists to produce original illustrations for each issue.

• Awards Moderator

They did one for WrestleMania X8 as well, which I made sure to get because I saw my friend's copy of the X-Seven one and couldn't find it anywhere. I loved those roster pictures - first time I remember seeing Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar, for a start - and most of my knowledge of the early WrestleManias came from the main magazine. I always hoped they'd do another one at some point but that seems pretty unlikely now. Edited by HarmonicGenerator

WWE announced today its plans to launch the U.S. version of WWE Network as an over-the-top service in more than 170 countries and territories, starting on August 12. The network is expected to go live in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Spain and the Nordics, among others countries. WWE Network is also expected to arrive in the United Kingdom by October 2014, with expansion to Italy, UAE, Germany, Japan, India, China, Thailand and Malaysia following at a future date.

• Paid Members

@NXTOliverGrey

@MojoRawleyWWE @SlateRandalWWE to add to this mojo is a great guy but his talents are not even close to Randal's...such a shame

@NXTOliverGrey

The reason the business is failing..@MojoRawleyWWE is still employed whilst @SlateRandalWWE is released...

Ouch.

@NXTOliverGrey

@MojoRawleyWWE @SlateRandalWWE to add to this mojo is a great guy but his talents are not even close to Randal's...such a shame

@NXTOliverGrey

The reason the business is failing..@MojoRawleyWWE is still employed whilst @SlateRandalWWE is released...

Ouch.

What/who is a SlateRandal ?

• Paid Members

There's a small chance you may have heard of him under his real/indy name Shaun Ricker - he was one of the main event guys in Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, and was being managed by Percy Pringle at the point of Uncle Paul's passing.

• Paid Members

That would bump up the cost to me, having to commission artists to produce original illustrations for each issue.

I don't think so, it's probably one or two guys illustrating, not necessarily getting paid much and the magazine doesn't have much content, the WWE mag is a whole full sized glossy thing with interviews, photoshoots etc, much more expensive to put together I'd think.