Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Moderators
In other totally unrelated news...how fucking weird is it seeing Drake Younger as a referee for NXT? Every pic I see of it on twitter blows my mind. Weirdest transition ever.

I didn't know who that was before people started talking about him recently, and I can't believe how young he's supposed to be. He looks three times his age.

Drake Older, amirite??

• Paid Members
Punk announced at a cubs game today that he and Aj are marrying next month.

It wont last. It will be like Brand and Perry or me and any bird. Me, Punker and Ol' Russ are shaggers for life and we cant change. Its our curse.

In other totally unrelated news...how fucking weird is it seeing Drake Younger as a referee for NXT? Every pic I see of it on twitter blows my mind. Weirdest transition ever.

How did that come about? Did he apply to be a referee or have they just slung him into the role after signing him?

I'm pleased that Drake was happy to take a referee job. He's already in the door if a chance arises for him again and he steered away from the entertaining but brutal matches that could take its toll and derail any chance of a long career in the business.

That bump over the table on to the concrete from Ryback last year should have earns him this job alone. Joey Ryan should have stepped up to be chucked about.

• Paid Members

Joey Ryan was invited to a WWE try-out camp a few years back but John Laurinitius told him "If I can't make money with Daniel Bryan how can I make money with you?"

I always liked Joey Ryan but he's definitely an indie-level guy. Strong rumors are that Steen is WWE bound soon which I find quite amazing if it turns out to be true.

• Paid Members
I always liked Joey Ryan but he's definitely an indie-level guy. Strong rumors are that Steen is WWE bound soon which I find quite amazing if it turns out to be true.

Could be wrong, but hasn't he lost a ton of weight? I imagine that was holding him back a lot in the eyes of the dudes at the Performance Centre.

North Korea have announced they'll be doing a pro wrestling show in August. They say US, Japanese and other foreign wrestlers will work the event. As you might expect, Antonio Inoki is the one running this show in cooperation with the Koreans.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
Thought that was Aries?

Aye. Pre-TNA, Aries tweeted about retiring after being told he wasn't Tough Enough.

Aries is fantastic when he's motivated. There was a period a couple of years ago where he was my favourite wrestler on the telly. It's a shame TNA has a habit of zapping the motivation out of people.

He would do well in WWE, given the chance. He's a great talker and carries himself like he's a big deal.

• Paid Members
Thought that was Aries?

Aye. Pre-TNA, Aries tweeted about retiring after being told he wasn't Tough Enough.

Aries is fantastic when he's motivated. There was a period a couple of years ago where he was my favourite wrestler on the telly. It's a shame TNA has a habit of zapping the motivation out of people.

He would do well in WWE, given the chance. He's a great talker and carries himself like he's a big deal.

He's also learned to work WWE style, if his TNA matches are anything to go by - he gets the right reactions for his signature spots, his finishers are protected and he's able to work the crowd right into the palm of his hand.

I reckon he could do well in WWE. Only reservation I have is that, if they're having trouble placing Zayn because of Bryan, they'd have the exact same problem with Aries.

• Paid Members
Joey Ryan was invited to a WWE try-out camp a few years back but John Laurinitius told him "If I can't make money with Daniel Bryan how can I make money with you?"

That says so much about WWE - someone gets over, but they don't know how to monetise them. So it's the fault of the wrestler rather than the fault of the people who can't figure out a way to monetise him.

• Paid Members
Thought that was Aries?

He's also learned to work WWE style, if his TNA matches are anything to go by - he gets the right reactions for his signature spots, his finishers are protected and he's able to work the crowd right into the palm of his hand.

I reckon he could do well in WWE. Only reservation I have is that, if they're having trouble placing Zayn because of Bryan, they'd have the exact same problem with Aries.

I disagree Aries is a natural heel. It's not to say Zayn and Bryan couldn't be great heels but Aries reeks of it. Placing him wouldn't be as much of a problem.