Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, PSF said:

Its their job and they are working on a scripted programme. Not matter if they agree or not, they don't make the decisions and are being paid well to do a job that a lot of people would kill for. Maybe they are being booked wrong, but that's something to speak about in the back, not sort out on live TV.

Its a good job most actors or performers don't take this stance. Philadelphia would have been a bit shit if Tom Hanks suddenly decided  that the whole Aids thing wasn't doing his career any good and started acting like he just had man flu.

I don't think Philadelphia was live.

• Paid Members

Not only did HG nail it, but to strengthen his case refer to the Stone Cold podcast with Vince. On one hand, he's urging the talent to reach for that brass ring, but then at the same time he makes it abundantly clear 'do not piss me off', when Austin mentioned about staff treading on eggshells. WWE management if a bi-polar entity in that respect. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

6 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Jim Cornette did say that both Zayn and Owens where hard to work with in ROH, and also Austin Aries, so it turns out that he is right!

hopefully this can all be sorted out as a "moment of madness" or something like that, and both can return, as i am a big fan of both 

That coming from the king of diplomacy Jim Cornette.

Problem is Owens and Zayn aint even Black so they can't play the race card to get Vince to like them again. They're fucked.

• Paid Members

What an impossible company to work for. Bruce Prichard tells a story on the Macho Man podcast about Vince telling Bruce to tell the press about Liz and Randy divorcing, but the moment it hit the press Vince gave Bruce abuse for not talking him out of it. The hell are you supposed to do with that? Vince probably told them to do it.

Genuinely it's hard to imagine anyone truly thriving, these days. Reigns should have, but the environment will keep him at a certain level.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Isn't the whole point of what they've done that they obviously don't feel they can speak about it in the back without repercussion? At least this way they can get ahead of Vince instructing the writers to shit all over them for wanting something better. If you're an actor or performer, you can make suggestions or challenge direction without worrying about if you're going to be fired or demoted.

Comparing them to actors or other performers in general doesn't work anyway; if you're a bigger name, you get to choose to a certain degree which films or series you want to do. If you're a wrestler, sure, a bigger name wrestler gets to choose certain things, but he's still at the mercy of Creative's/Vince's whims as regards where his career goes.

To be honest I wrote that on my lunch after just having words with one of the lads at work that didn't want to do a particular job because he was a welder and this particular job was beneath him. I stand by my point though, you are being paid to do a job and if you are asked to do something reasonable by your boss, then you should do it. If he wants to ignore your comments about how to improve then so be, its his right to as the boss and it may affect his pocket more in the long term than yours. Its also your right at that point to decide if your still want to work there.

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and get on with it or just move on entirely.

But then I suppose this is the wrestling world and very little is logical.

2 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

What an impossible company to work for. Bruce Prichard tells a story on the Macho Man podcast about Vince telling Bruce to tell the press about Liz and Randy divorcing, but the moment it hit the press Vince gave Bruce abuse for not talking him out of it. The hell are you supposed to do with that? Vince probably told them to do it.

I constantly expect my assistant to talk me out of stupid stuff. That's the point of having an assistant.

Other week I phoned her at 4am to tell her she needed to find a disco ball and have it installed above my work station by time I got to work. I then sent her 20 photos of disco balls I liked.

Naturally she used her common sense not to do it. I still kinda want one though...

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, PSF said:

To be honest I wrote that on my lunch after just having words with one of the lads at work that didn't want to do a particular job because he was a welder and this particular job was beneath him. I stand by my point though, you are being paid to do a job and if you are asked to do something reasonable by your boss, then you should do it. If he wants to ignore your comments about how to improve then so be, its his right to as the boss and it may affect his pocket more in the long term than yours. Its also your right at that point to decide if your still want to work there.

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and get on with it or just move on entirely.

But then I suppose this is the wrestling world and very little is logical.

But just how reasonable is it, when someone who quite emphatically isn't actually your boss and who's gone to great lengths to ensure that situation legally for all his workers, insists on you doing something which could affect your career? 

The welder thing - there's a certain range of jobs he can be reasonably expected to do, and obviously, the one you wanted him to do fell within that range. It's a lot greyer when it comes to performance/entertainment, especially when the company in question holds all the cards, and owns the right to your image and performance name. What's reasonable? Maybe Zayn and Owens have gone overboard, but maybe they perceived they were being asked to do something which could affect their status within the company and thus their careers. Bear in mind: if wrestlers fail to get over because of shit writing, they're the ones who get sacked, not the writers.

I work in projects for a bank. We hire contractors. Contractors are Paid to do whatever tasks we ask for as long we employ them. If they don’t they get fired or put notice in. 

2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I constantly expect my assistant to talk me out of stupid stuff. That's the point of having an assistant.

Other week I phoned her at 4am to tell her she needed to find a disco ball and have it installed above my work station by time I got to work. I then sent her 20 photos of disco balls I liked.

Naturally she used her common sense not to do it. I still kinda want one though...

So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Louch said:

I work in projects for a bank. We hire contractors. Contractors are Paid to do whatever tasks we ask for as long we employ them. If they don’t they get fired or put notice in. 

However if you treat your contractors like cunts, then eventually you'll get your just deserts. And you'll deserve it.

9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

However if you treat your contractors like cunts, then eventually you'll get your just deserts. And you'll deserve it.

Getting asked as heels to show arse isn’t treating them like cunts. Well within the job description. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm talking about in general. Let's not pretend WWE are wonderful people to work for and don't exploit contractors/staff to suit them.

That's kind of what I'm getting at. I've already mentioned that in the real world, there's a certain good-will between employers and contractors that means that there isn't likely to be this sort of insubordination going on, but we're talking about WWE here, who've fostered a toxic atmosphere, holding the power an employer holds over employees, but giving none of the benefits by officially terming them "contractors". I'm surprised there's any good-will at all.

I do think this could be a work or at least be turned into something like that. With Neville, Owens & Zayn in hot water I wonder whether WWE would dare do an angle where those three (and maybe a few others) feel they don't belong to Raw or Smackdown and stay closely to NXT. Wouldn't surprise me if everything kicks off on Sunday and you see NXT get involved, or at least those who have come from NXT like Owens, Zayn, Neville etc.