Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Maybe something along the lines of this for Summerslam?

US Title

Owens vs Rusev vs Cesaro vs Cena

Wyatt vs Roman Reigns (family to reunite at battleground where Wyatt wins, maybe make it a Wyatt Family vs Roman & Dean)

Sting vs Triple H (makes sense for Sting to call a rematch)

Kane/Undertaker vs Rollins/J&J 

World Title

Sheamus vs Lesnar (Lesnar beats Rollins at Battleground but Sheamus cashes in his MITB).

Then you can throw in a tag title match and maybe a big divas match also.

Edited by Briefcase

How does that be a thing though? It seems like it'd very much be like that time Mike Adamle just booked Cena vs Batista at SummerSlam out of the blue rather than coming from the characters.

I'd say it would be quite easy, If Cena retains against Owens, then Sting could answer a open challenge and say he wants Cena at Summerslam, won't happern though.

Which is largely the same thing as a random announcement. Why does the vigilante Sting have a grudge against John Cena? Or is he now the all-about-competition Sting who craves the US title and MOTYC praise? Both choices are stupid. Then come the Monday after SummerSlam, Sting's either the US champion or he's 0 for 2.

It's possible Cena could make the feud work, but it's a bit of a mountain to climb every step of the way.

Since Sting lost at Wrestlemania it would be easy for him to say he wants to see if he still has it, answering the open challenge would make sense in that respect. It's not something I'd really like to see though.

Rollins vs Sting would make more sense. Veteran trying to save the young guy from making bad choices and associating with the wrong people.

After shaking hands with the very leader of those bad people (triple h) at Mania. Wouldn't make much sense to me, and I wouldn't waste a Sting appearance on a bore like Rollins anyway.

US Title

I think it's pretty much a lock already that it's going to be Rusev V Ziggler or Rusev & Summer V Ziggler & Lana at SummerSlam. Why is noodle head supposed to be injured at the moment anyway? Has he got a straight to DVD movie coming out too? 

Speaking of Battleground this year's event could turn out to be a surprising decent PPV. Along with the star power that is Mr Lesnar.

• Paid Members

It'll never ever happen, but I want a Shield reunion at Battleground, a beatdown on Brock, then a 6-man tag at Sulmerslam involving The Shield vs. Brock, Taker and maybe Kane.

Ultimately, I just want the Shield back. None of them have been as good since they split up.

The Shield were pretty rubbish a lot of the time prior to their face turn, too. Well not rubbish, but very water-treading. The DX reunion in 1999 killed the Outlaws and X-Pac, a Shield one could well hurt two of them more than help them. If they reunited tonight, with Ambrose and Reigns helping Rollins retain, it'd establish a pecking order that shouldn't exist with those three. If they do reunite, it should be as baby faces, probably short-term and not until the other two have won the belt.

US Title

I think it's pretty much a lock already that it's going to be Rusev V Ziggler or Rusev & Summer V Ziggler & Lana at SummerSlam. Why is noodle head supposed to be injured at the moment anyway? Has he got a straight to DVD movie coming out too? 

He's making one now, they normally don't spend long on them so I'd expect him back to face Rusev at SummerSlam.