Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Moderators
Back in the 80s, ring announcer Mike McGuirk (female) used to do commentary on some of the televised house shows. She'd be in horrible three person teams like her, Billy Graham and Gene Okerlund.

Sometimes throw in "Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty with an annoying accent too. I'm sure there is one card where it is her, Doherty and Brother Love.

Yeah, there is. Prichard, McGuirk and Doherty are THE worst team ever. Even worse than Foley's performance on One Night Stand 05.

If she proves competent enough on Superstars,they could milk a lot more good publicity out of having a female announcer if they stick her on Raw.Lawler could be fucked off to Smackdown so no one would ever have to listen to his shitty disinterested patter ever again.

Edited by DCW

A fiver says if they move Lawler to smackdown hell quit.

Dunno, imagine he regrets quitting before. I think they'll need to kick him out. And if they do he'll always land on his feet with some form of income, just probably not the cushty guaranteed money and perks from WWE.

Lawler doesn't drink or do drugs and spunked a good wedge on a batmobile last year. I'd say he must be doing pretty well for himself.

Absolutely, I just think he shows the hallmarks of always wanting to make the best buck possible.

They need to give Lawler the boot. He's been there for 20 years now and they need to get someone new or no one at all because JBL and Cole and good enough without a 3rd man. It worked in the attitude era when he was a pervy heel commentator but 1998 was 16 years ago and he just ain't funny anymore.

Some of the fucking faces Lawler pulls when Cole is speaking to camera are unreal. JBL usually looks awful as well, like they've got no control over their faces.

I wish they'd put Booker T back on commentary. I loved the first half of 2011 with The Rock coming back and the Summer of Punk (and the Spring of R-Truth before that) and Booker T being hilarious on every show was a big part of it. There was a pay-per-view around that time where he shouted out a load of lyrics from California Love by Tupac & Dr Dre in the middle of a match (I think it was 'Oakland to SacTown, the Bay Area and back down!'), and followed up with "That's from one of my favourite songs of all time by Dr Dre and...Snoop Doggy Dogg!".

Lawler doesn't drink or do drugs and spunked a good wedge on a batmobile last year. I'd say he must be doing pretty well for himself.

He's invested in a few businesses in Memphis too. Still remember the first time I went and was driving down Elvis Presley Blvd and saw billboards for 'Lawlers Fireworks' and some finance company too.