Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Davey Richards is far from shit, hes smooth as fuck in the ring. One of my uk matches of the year was a story led match with ZSJ at York Hall. Doesn't a lot of it have to do with how moldable you are. Daniel Bryan asked to go to Developmental to learn WWE style. They'd much prefer a blank canvas.

• Paid Members
I'm not saying this is all about Davey. If they turned him down due to lacking charisma and his bad rep then that is fine. The problem is they turned him down due to size and they don't want anuboduy that they think is too small, which means other wtrestlers with talent, charisma and better attitudes will not get a shot.

Based on what? If they thought they were too small, why did they even give them a tryout?

• Paid Members
I'm not saying this is all about Davey. If they turned him down due to lacking charisma and his bad rep then that is fine. The problem is they turned him down due to size and they don't want anuboduy that they think is too small, which means other wtrestlers with talent, charisma and better attitudes will not get a shot.

Again, watch NXT. I don't even watch it that regularly, and even I know there are guys who've been signed that are the same size as Richards.

Richards has tremendous execution and is a great athlete and seems to have his head screwed on outside the ring in interviews. His problem is he doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to the mechanics of a wrestling match and telling stories. He's like Kurt angle was in 2003 with about 10 percent of the charisma.

So I guess WWE only wants people who have the PED look and the less experience the better.

Yeah, true. Couldn't believe when Zack Ryder's mate The Big O joined the Wyatts in the Raw main event this week. They should have given that spot to someone who has worked for ROH.

Edited by King Pitcos

Based on what? If they thought they were too small, why did they even give them a tryout?

People like Regal pushed fir them and they were briefly appeased.

Again, watch NXT. I don't even watch it that regularly, and even I know there are guys who've been signed that are the same size as Richards.

These people were signed when WWE had warmed up to signing guys who are different than the norm in terms of look and size. Now they are back to their usual ways ever since the performance center opened. A mindset that has produced more failures than success stories in the past decade or so.

Edited by Kyle

• Moderators

Because they've already got several smaller guys in dvelopmental, and more importantly, on the main roster. I thought people wanted all shapes and sizes?

Edited by PowerButchi

A mindset that has produced more failures than success stories in the past decade or so.

What, like every other kind of training system for performers, then? There's probably not a drama school, boxing coach or singing teacher who has produced more stars than nobodies. Do all college footballers become NFL megastars?

Because they've already got several smaller guys in dvelopmental, and more importantly, on the main roster. I thought people wanted all shapes and sizes?

You'd have thought so, wrestling is at its best when it's a variety show in my opinion. But people who consider themselves smarter fans have to be behind the little guy who claims to be a true reflection of the medium. It's the same as anything really.

There's nor much of a story to it all really. they just didn't need those two, they gave them a shot anyway to be nice, they decided they weren't exceptional enough to change their minds and that's it. They're also two people who need their bad in ring habits tempered, why spend the time, money and effort on them when you've got a roster full to the brim with guys who offer much the same?

• Paid Members

If everyone looked the same, it would be shit. You need variety. WWE have plenty of guys that cover the bases Richards and Edwards offer, and are much better at doing so than either. They are a bit low on bigger guys at the moment, so it makes sense not bringing them in when they'll be so far down the pecking order and have less opportunities.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

These people were signed when WWE had warmed up to signing guys who are different than the norm in terms of look and size. Now they are back to their usual ways ever since the performance center opened. A mindset that has produced more failures than success stories in the past decade or so.

No, Kyle. That's not what's happened here.