Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It's so weird if they just popped out to get some fags during the day and turned back up having been clattered. Wonder what went on.

Any new light shed on this? I'm really interested in this story. I need to know what happened. I need some closure dammit!

According to pwinsider.com....

The bar fight involving Alberto Del Rio and Drew McIntyre took place at about 3 a.m. Saturday night. The story going around last night is that they went to a bar together. Somebody said something to the girl McIntyre was with. Del Rio stepped in and somebody blind sided him with a bottle and the fight was on. McIntyre ended up with a black eye and Del Rio's face was a mess.

- It was previously reported that WWE was upset with Ric Flair, due to his actions at the WWE 2K14 presentation on Saturday night. The reason that WWE was upset with Flair was due to the feeling that he buried Daniel Bryan during the presentation, talked about wrestlers drinking too much and also brought up TNA at a WWE event.

From rajah.com by way of 411mania. I've not seen this, what did Flair say about Daniel Bryan?

• Paid Members
- It was previously reported that WWE was upset with Ric Flair, due to his actions at the WWE 2K14 presentation on Saturday night. The reason that WWE was upset with Flair was due to the feeling that he buried Daniel Bryan during the presentation, talked about wrestlers drinking too much and also brought up TNA at a WWE event.

From rajah.com by way of 411mania. I've not seen this, what did Flair say about Daniel Bryan?

I think Daniel Bryan was asked a question and he humbly replied "I don't feel like I belong up here" and then Ric Flair butted in and said he agreed and ripped on him a bit for his size and stuff. Can't remember the exact words but yeah.

• Paid Members

Didn't see this reported anywhere else, so apologies if already done:

Hulk Hogan wants Thor star Chris Hemsworth to play him in biopic

Wrestler Hulk Hogan has said he wants

• Paid Members

I think Daniel Bryan was asked a question and he humbly replied "I don't feel like I belong up here" and then Ric Flair butted in and said he agreed and ripped on him a bit for his size and stuff. Can't remember the exact words but yeah.

Maybe they're annoyed because (last weekend spoiler in case)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

that's the New Corporation's public take on DB and Flair jumped the gun?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

PWI Top 100 released. Top 10 Below:

1. John Cena
  2. CM Punk
  3. Hiroshi Tanahashi
  4. Bully Ray
  5. Kazuchika Okada
  6. Sheamus
  7. Jeff Hardy
  8. Alberto Del Rio
  9. Dolph Ziggler
  10. Kevin Steen

Hardy should be no where near the top ten, i'd struggle to out him in the top 100. So many better than him. Can think of a few that should be ahead of Sheamus too.

I thought it was a kayfabe list, last year Punk and Roode were at the top after having their championships for ages so it made sense....but how does Dolph Ziggler get so high up the list? His win-loss record before cashing in the briefcase must have been ridiculously one sided in the loss column.

• Paid Members
Isn't it a kayfabe list though? So presumably based on win/loss records. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I thought it was a kayfabe list, last year Punk and Roode were at the top after having their championships for ages so it made sense...

It is indeed. The PWI 500 is based strictly on industry "success/standing" - well, apart from 1997 when they didn't think anyone had been consistent enough, so they gave it to Dean Malenko.

Top 5 is about right, although we'd all have our different takes on order. I'm sure some are pissing blood that Tana isn't number 1 but in the judging period he lost to Marufuji, Minoru Suzuki and Karl Anderson in last year's G1, then dropped the belt to Okada and lost to Devitt, so it's safe to say he hasn't been as consistent in win/loss terms on the biggest stage as Cena and Punk.

The rest of the top 9 is OK for me with all of those guys winning or defending a world title and being positioned as company stars within the judging period, but I'm still surprised to see Steen as high as number 10. In this day and age I don't think being the top guy in ROH means you should be breathing the same rarefied air as the "top 9 guys in the business." I struggle to think of a time where being a top name in ROH has meant less since it's infancy.

Edited by air_raid

• Moderators

If some people are pissing blood that Tanahashi is not #1 on the PWI 500 they are insane. PWI is a US magazine dealing near enough exclusively with US Wrestling, it's always going to be someone from WWE. Puro and Lucha guys have always been pretty token in the PWI 500. Didn't they put some Japanese fella in the top 10 who hardly wrestled that year or was for injured for all of it or something one time?