Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Not seen this posted anywhere and while its only a rumour at present, it would explain Del Rios black eye.

According to the Wrestling Observer, the reason World Heavyweight Champion Alberto del Rio looked so banged up in his match against Christian Sunday night, is that he may have been involved in a physical altercation with fellow WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre.

While details are scarce, rumor has it that the two got into it backstage this weekend before SummerSlam, and the fight may have involved a few others.

Edited by Nick James

• Moderators

Wrestling Observer actually said that wasn't the case at all, and that Del Rio and Drew fought other people at a bar or something and took a bit of a winding. See today's audio update.

Check the source site itself, not the Newz. Indeed, this is what Meltz says in his Summerslam written report.

The black eye Del Rio will come out with and all the bruises on his face were the result of a fight either last night or today. Apparently Del Rio and Drew McIntyre ended up a big fight, I think with other people, and as far as what happened I don't know other than both were all beaten up when they showed up back at the hotel.
Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Wrestling Observer actually said that wasn't the case at all, and that Del Rio and Drew fought other people at a bar or something and took a bit of a winding. See today's audio update.

Check the source site itself, not the Newz. Indeed, this is what Meltz says in his Summerslam written report.

The black eye Del Rio will come out with and all the bruises on his face were the result of a fight either last night or today. Apparently Del Rio and Drew McIntyre ended up a big fight, I think with other people, and as far as what happened I don't know other than both were all beaten up when they showed up back at the hotel.

I'm in favour of both of them getting sacked to be fair. Don't get into fights if you are going to get a good kicking.

• Paid Members
Courtesy of pwinsider.com.....

Primo and Epico are being repackaged as a matador tag team.

Stereo El Paso De Muerte/Flying Jalapeno - could be the Latino version of the stereo dropkick.