Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's not for everyone. I prefer it, but I've often wondered why foreign companies don't more often hire English-speaking commentators to record English commentary so that they can release their stuff abroad. The only time I've heard of it over here has been either the old UWF/UWFi stuff released as Bushido, and that time when $tew and Dean Ayass were doing commentary for CMLL stuff (I think it was) with Len Davies.

They sell pirate downloads?

It's already been posted to watch for free anyway.

No. This was a one off based on the fact the show wasn't available and is labeled to reflect it's source. It was recorded directly from the legit live PPV stream rather than a version someone may have uploaded. The downloads they sell are all ISO format and are just digital copies of the actual discs they sell ,much like IVP has been doing for a while now. Only mentioned it as someone asked, not my business so i don't mind if he makes a sale or not lol :cool:

• Paid Members

Undertaker might be done, according to the Observer today. He's apparently told them he's hurt really bad and he might not be working WrestleMania. They expected him to be on TV in the next few weeks, but he's not in good shape, and he's self aware that a bald fat Undertaker struggling through a match at WrestleMania (after his run of matches over the years) would be a sad sight for everyone watching.

Mania without Undertaker is unthinkable for me. He's a massive part of the build up. WrestleMania 30 without him would be just wrong.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

If he's really in such a state after taking a full year off then he's probably wise to skip Mania this year. This is the first year in a long time where neither he nor the streak are needed as a focal point of the show. They already have their two main events so Taker would be playing third fiddle to those anyway. Last year resolved a four year story arc and he finally made it to 20-0, so any match he would have this year would be starting from scratch anyway. Give him the extra year off and if he's healed up enough his return and the streak are automatically massive selling points for WM30 where he can get a final send-off, or worst-case scenario he gets to retire on a nice round number.

Edited by CTXRussomark

• Paid Members
DVDs in Japan cost a small fortune.

As do CDs, that's the reason for Japanese bonus tracks, to stop people buying cheaper imports.

There's also more of a culture of ripping and copying in Japan. There are several rental chains whose biggest sections aren't movies, but music albums. It's one of the reasons the Mini-Disc did so well over there.

Why do they cost so much? Is it a tax thing? As in some bits of europe they seem to bang on a silly amount of tax on clothes and shoes compared to the UK. I noticed in Thailand they sold a load of dirt cheap, but official VCD's in comparison to the more expensive DVDs in the stores.

Honest answer, I don't rightly know. I figured it must be something to do with the culture of copying there, but this could be a chicken-and-egg scenario - it could be the record companies making them expensive because of the copying, or perhaps people copy to that extent because of the prices.

So, can I just ask how you all keep up with your Japanese wrestling if there are no commercial dvds to buy? Is it all dodgy downloading, or through iPPV like the recent Wrestle Kingdom? I got that one and nearly wet myself with excitement watching that three way

It all gets put up onto free streaming sites like YouTube and DailyMotion almost immediately after the shows. Certainly all the iPPVs can be found on there in full.

EDIT: .... just like the example Cobystag posted...

Other examples:

King of Pro Wrestling (October 2012)

Power Struggle (November 2012)

Edited by Big Benny HG

Though it is being cracked down on more than ever. I've been after the Fantasticamania weekend events since it happened as a torrent (I prefer to keep them and watch them in my own time rather than watch on youtube) and in the past night one was usually up before night 3 had taken place but this year theres none around at all.

Though it is being cracked down on more than ever. I've been after the Fantasticamania weekend events since it happened as a torrent (I prefer to keep them and watch them in my own time rather than watch on youtube) and in the past night one was usually up before night 3 had taken place but this year theres none around at all.

Why don't you download one of those programs that allows you to grab stuff from youtube? I use download helper and grab things directly as an mp4. It's perfect for when you decide to watch Death Wish 4 or Best of The Best at 3am and don't want to sod about with torrents. There's loads of full films and wrestling events on there these days.

• Paid Members
- Here is the list of WWE's straight salaries for 2012:

* Vince McMahon, $1.1 million

* Barrios, $575,000

* Dunn, $800,000

* Levesque, $500,000

* Wilson, $575,000

Bear in mind Triple H is also under a performer contract with a $1 million downside.

- Here is the list of WWE's straight salaries for 2012:

* Vince McMahon, $1.1 million

* Barrios, $575,000

* Dunn, $800,000

* Levesque, $500,000

* Wilson, $575,000

Bear in mind Triple H is also under a performer contract with a $1 million downside.

Even now? He had two matches last year, $500, 000 a match is bloody good going.