Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Playing WWE '13 has really got me nostalgic for the Attitude Era midcard too. Most of them aren't actually THAT old (mid 30s to mid 40s) and can still reasonably go. I was actually a little shocked none of those guys were kept around after Raw 1000.

Road Dogg

Billy Gunn

X-Pac

Godfather

Goldust

Val Venis

Too Cool

Rikishi

Combine those guys with the 00s crew of:

Carlito

MVP

Chris Masters

John Morrison

Finlay

Mike Knox

Sign the Attitude guys to maybe a year contract, sign the 00s guys to a 3 year contract, and WWE's midcard would look miles better.

• Paid Members
Angle uses a lovely moonsault from time to time (or at least he did, dunno if he still does) but would never finish them with it. I mean the horizontal rotation does nothing to hurt them more than a moonsault with the height of Angle's.

Show me one example of Angle actually hitting his moonsault as opposed to attempting and missing, and I'll consider it a valid point. Actually, I'll just consider it stupid that the moonsault didn't get the pin.

I think the rotation in Starship Pain makes it look much more impactful than a plain when landed correctly. But then, he can't do it consistently, so it shouldn't be a midmatch move, he just shouldn't do it at all.

• Paid Members

No idea what some of these are doing now, but:

Palumbo

O'Haire

Lance Storm

2 cool (scotty and GMS)

Jimmy Yang

Nowinski

Bull Buchanan

Stevie Richards

Das fucking wonder kid, Alex the German W

Kevin Thorne

Basically, some of 2004 and acouple of others

And as some have said:

Tajiri

Goldy

Holly

Holly

• Paid Members
Hardcore Holly, air_raid.

I'd have to watch it again to pass judgement, as I can't remember whether Holly just failed to get out the way.

Worth watching again anyway.

rofl.gif

Something we've all covered a lot on here too is the potential for some older guys to bring a bit of grit to the roster backstage too. Maybe empower a few guys to man up once in a while. The older names will obviously be doing plenty of jobs, but hopefully they'll still be wanting a better end result for the guy they're laying down for too. Loads of TV jobs with no purpose is possibly not something a Billy Gunn or Carlito would be that keen to come back for.

• Paid Members

That's another aspect of why I'd be keen for MVP to return. Considering his age and situation and that he apparently wants to come back for a significant push, I imagine he isn't going to come back for any less and not take any shit. He's in a decent position to demand that if they want him, he doesn't need them, so he'd be silly not to.

Plus he's got a genuine 'don't fuck with me' dark past. They probably need more guys with that kind of aura in their locker room.

That's another aspect of why I'd be keen for MVP to return. Considering his age and situation and that he apparently wants to come back for a significant push, I imagine he isn't going to come back for any less and not take any shit. He's in a decent position to demand that if they want him, he doesn't need them, so he'd be silly not to.

Plus he's got a genuine 'don't fuck with me' dark past. They probably need more guys with that kind of aura in their locker room.

Come on, they're not going to push that hard for him. He was last seen jobbing to Jack Swagger and bumming around on NXT. They'll reach out to him maybe as he's a good hand, but if he started making ridiculous demands, they'd laugh in his face and give him the boot. I like MVP, but he hasn't got that much leverage. WWE like him, he left on good terms but he's not a major star.

• Paid Members

I don't mean he's got plenty of pull. The point was i'd like it if he was back because I imagine he'd only come back if he was getting what he wanted. He left them in the first place, he's doing alright for himself in Japan and enjoying it and he's getting on so he'd be silly to come back for any less.

Helms is another one I wouldn't mind seeing back. If he's in good enough nick that is. I fucking loved him when he was using his real name. Easily one of the top performers they had on Smackdown for a good while.

You hired the motherfucker

Anyone who makes Vince crack up like that deserves a second go around.

Helms is another one I wouldn't mind seeing back. If he's in good enough nick that is. I fucking loved him when he was using his real name. Easily one of the top performers they had on Smackdown for a good while.

You hired the motherfucker

Anyone who makes Vince crack up like that deserves a second go around.

If they brought him in as a cocky as shit manager for a new guy I would be happy, he could play that well and can pass on his knowledge to the guy. However after that motorbike accident he had and how screwed up his neck was I would be scared to see him in the ring again.