GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Aye I hated GTA 4. I was a massive fan of San Andreas which is one of my favourite games of all time and so 4 was such a bitter disappointment. Basically they took away everything which had made its predecessor fun and ruined the game by making it much more realistic. I loved GTA for the batshit insanity that seemed to be going on constantly. I'm really hoping that 5 marks a return to that gameplay rather than the slow and clunky GTA 4.

• Paid Members

Bigger than San Andreas, IV and Red Dead combined...wow.

Fucking serious? I'm super excited now. It's going to be ridiculously big.
I don't know. Maps like San Andreas are fun to explore initially, but about midway through the game that's when you really start to hit a wall of sorts, and the sheer size of the map and things like the countryside didn't help matters. Ditto IV. And I can't even speak for Red Dead because I've never played it. And it's going to be bigger than ALL of them combined? Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about it and I can't wait to get stuck into it when the time comes, but it just sounds almost too vast. I dread to think what you'll need to do in order to land the coveted 100% mark in this one and how long it'd take. It took long enough in the PS2 version. Thank heavens they didn't make you do the Unique Jumps for that one!

• Paid Members

The issue I had with the size of San Andreas and IV was that they aren't RPG/Survival games. Fallout 3 for example has vast areas of nothing, but the point of those games is to scout through them to try and find a new area or survivors, or scavenge food and water. San Andreas had massive empty areas but they were just dotted about with nothing in them and connected to main roads, so there was nothing to explore, you'd just hang about in empty spaces. Same with 4, just big open areas of nothing.