GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Possibly the first time i'm not all that excited about a new GTA, i just hope there's some genuine innovation shown soon to drag me back in because as much as i've enjoyed every game in the series i really don't want just another clone in a new city. I'll no doubt love it anyway..

• Paid Members

I'm playing through GTA4 atm. I've just done the mission where you have to suit up and go to the law firm. I've also had to ignore the Playboy X mission with the union/mafia at the construction yard, because it was making me angry.

I'm really enjoying it though, although the police seem a lot easier to escape than Vice City.

• Paid Members

The biggest problems with GTA4 were that firstly, Niko Bellic was a complete tool and it was pretty hard to feel like a cool badass when playing the game (half the appeal of the GTA games) because he is such a goofy loser. Secondly, the missions were all pretty much exactly the same and the only one I can actually remember is the bank robbery mission. GTA is not real life, the missions should be as crazy, unique and insane as possible. And finally the storyline was just dull and hard to care about. I still don't know who the bad guy in the last mission was and why him and Niko hated eachother.

The city design itself was amazing and the gameplay mechanics were great. This one looks alot more colourful and exciting in it's setting that GTA4 and I'm hoping they pile on the wacky shit in the missions to stop it from becoming repetitive and the story is engrossing. I'd love it if they gave you multiple dialogue choice options (similar to the Mass Effect games) and gave you storyline choices which dramatically change the game (again simililar to Mass Effect). I'm excited but if it's just GTA4 in California then that sucks.

^This.

I'm probably going to get this despite the fact that I know I'll only play the first 1/3 and then run out of steam. Should we organise a UKFF clan for online play?

• Moderators
The biggest problems with GTA4 were that firstly, Niko Bellic was a complete tool and it was pretty hard to feel like a cool badass when playing the game (half the appeal of the GTA games) because he is such a goofy loser. Secondly, the missions were all pretty much exactly the same and the only one I can actually remember is the bank robbery mission. GTA is not real life, the missions should be as crazy, unique and insane as possible. And finally the storyline was just dull and hard to care about. I still don't know who the bad guy in the last mission was and why him and Niko hated eachother.

The city design itself was amazing and the gameplay mechanics were great. This one looks alot more colourful and exciting in it's setting that GTA4 and I'm hoping they pile on the wacky shit in the missions to stop it from becoming repetitive and the story is engrossing. I'd love it if they gave you multiple dialogue choice options (similar to the Mass Effect games) and gave you storyline choices which dramatically change the game (again simililar to Mass Effect). I'm excited but if it's just GTA4 in California then that sucks.

Clearly Rockstar realised all this, because the DLC was terrific fun, and fixed all of those problems, so I'm wildly hopeful for 5.