GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Does anyone happen to have the main stuff from the article written up in bullet points? I'm at work and can't sit there reading through scanned articles. Cheers!

General Information:

There are 3 playable main characters. Their names are Trevor, Franklin and Michael.

You can switch between them at any point when not on a mission. When you switch, the camera zooms out into the sky and then back down to the character you switched to.

Each one has its own personality, motivations and skillset. When you're not controlling them, their lifes continue and you may be surprised to see what situations they find themselves in when you switch back.

Some characters from GTAIV will make an appearance in V. Niko won't be one of them.

Features:

You can flip off other characters in the game, and see interesting results dependent on who you're flipping off.

Vehicle physics have been updated. "The cars hold to the ground a bit better". It now feels more like a racing game, compared to GTA IV where they felt "big and boatlike".

After a hiatus in GTAIV, Ammu-Nation is back!

A lot of new side activities, including yoga, jet sking, base-jumping, tennis and golfing on a full golf course!

Rockstar felt that dating wouldn't fit in this game and have stripped this feature.

Locations:

Fully explorable Mount Chiliad

A military base

Salton Sea region

Wine country

Wilderness

Fully explorable ocean floor along the coastline

Vehicles:

BMX

Mountain Bikes

Road Bikes

Dirt bikes

Planes

Variety of cars and trucks

Helicopters

ATVs

Jet Skis

Character Profiles:

Michael

Michael is a retired FBI agent, currently in the witness protection program.

Lives in a mansion in Rockford Hills (based on real-life Beverly Hills.

Married to wife Amanda, and has a teenage daughter named Tracy and teenage son Jimmy.

Trevor

The white bald character.

Lives in a trailer in Blaine County (desert).

Franklin

In the demo, he was driving around Vespucci Beach in his 9F (equivalent to Audio R8).

• Paid Members
The issue I had with the size of San Andreas and IV was that they aren't RPG/Survival games. Fallout 3 for example has vast areas of nothing, but the point of those games is to scout through them to try and find a new area or survivors, or scavenge food and water. San Andreas had massive empty areas but they were just dotted about with nothing in them and connected to main roads, so there was nothing to explore, you'd just hang about in empty spaces.

That was kind of the point of them. They weren't meant to be scouted for anything special unless there was a hidden weapon or horseshoe or something. It actually became a realistic inconvenience if your vehicle blew up in the middle of nowhere. It was a pain in the arse but it worked in the general context of the game. I don't think there was ever any reason to be "hanging about" in them, though.

• Paid Members
You can switch between them at any point when not on a mission. When you switch, the camera zooms out into the sky and then back down to the character you switched to.

And when they're working on the same mission as team, you'll reach points where you have the option to switch to another character. That bit specifically sounded pretty badass.

20121112092241-rsg_gtav_screenshot_041.jpg

J1qP0.jpg

gorgeous shots. I prefer the pics that show the sheer size of everything just thought these looked great so i'm sharing them. some more details underneath. new trailer at 11 am in america tomorrow

Underwater world (with underwater caves) and diving equipment confirmed.

Side-missions similar to Taxi, Ambulance and Vigilante will be back but "probably not identical to the ones in previous GTAs" because they wouldn't fit in with the 3 main character personalities, but the "three will have odd jobs to do".

Trevor will be the skilled helicopter pilot, Franklin the skilled driver and sniper, Michael the "smooth operator", skilled and versatile.

Franklin is looking for a mentor and he finds one in Mike after they meet during one of Franklin's repo man jobs.

Trevor is inspired by the typical GTA player that only roams around the game creating havoc, death and destruction.

Mission types will vary among "big and small events , explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family issues, invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies. Plus classic GTA missions but updated and improved."

Cover mechanics have been greatly improved and cover will be very important in the gameplay.

About the economy, Dan Houser says: "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of "I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item."

Dynamic music during missions (similar to games like L.A. Noire)

No co-op for single player missions, but co-op modes will be featured in multiplayer.

Big focus on multiplayer with a lot of content to keep players busy.

The song Radar Love was heard playing on the in-game radio.

Alamo Sea is the name of the Salton Sea like area.

Radial menu to select the 3 protagonists.

Switching in missions partially scripted - meaning, at times character switching will happen automatically.

In final part of a mission in the demo, the player can decide which character to use.

There are multiple different endings in the storyline which depend on the choices you made throughout the game.

The storyline takes around 25 hours to complete.

Map open from beginning, with the exception of some protected areas.

A certain amount of money will be needed to gain access to some missions.

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members
A lack of something worth spending money on has always been a problem in GTA; let's hope what they've said with regards to recognising and fixing this is true.

I always loved buying up businesses and real estate in Vice City, the lack of that aspect has been missing since, although this 'buying expensive toys' comment is interesting, perhaps each character has their own house which you can customize and buy stuff for.

Also, the confirmation of both Mount Chiliad and BMX's frankly scares the crap out of me. Did you shit on these niggaz two times Dr. Hauser?

• Moderators

So how does a game with a map size of Red Dead combined with a game you've never played before send chills up your spine?

Don't answer that question please.

Burch - I like the idea of owning businesses that then generate profit that you have to maintain. I also like pimping out and customising houses... These are both things the Scarface game did really well - it made me really want to get all this lavish shit as Tony.