GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Yeah in the good old days the big games would come out on a Friday, but if you'd pre-ordered from Play / Amazon you'd sometimes get lucky and get it on the Wednesday or Thursday before release date.

I've been frantically searching my house for my copy of San Andreas, I completed it before but never 100%'d it. I mean to put this right to keep me occupied until GTA5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Pulled from Google store though as the Android version is playing up. Shame, was looking forward to playing it tonight. The comments board responses are mental though, accusing Rockstar of sucking Apples dick based on the fact the Android version isn't working. Yeah.

• Moderators

I was massively late in playing GTA4. Wasn't that impressed with it to be honest. However, I started playing "Gay Tony" and that is a million times better already (only a bit into it as well). The missions are more varied, there's more fun to it, and actually doing the crazy stuff like stealing military helicopters/base jumping/danceoffs/etc. I can't believe that NONE of that was in GTA4.

For android users, Vice City is back up again on the Play store.

Seems they've skirted around the previous issue by having you download all the files at the same time rather than download the apk from the store and then installing the additional files when you first start up the game like with GTA III and Max Payne.

Edited by TUFCfan

What's the difference between this SA and the one that has been on Xbox Live Arcade for years? Isnt the Xbox one a straight port, too? Cant remember how much I paid for it, but I dont think it was that much. Have to disagree with PunkStep, too, as I think its aged very badly. Played it last year, and was shocked at how dated it feels. Still great, though.

• Paid Members

Both direct ports I believe, the xbox one cost me around 1600 points I think a few years ago. Probably a lot less now. I haven't played SA since I started playing GTA4 again last week, so it might seem a bit aged after that. But I was honestly surprised how I could happily work my way through it without thinking the graphics were shit or anything.