GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Competed story mode a couple of nights ago, and I agree with neil- found the last couple of missions surprisingly easy. In fact, throughout the entire game there weren't any real, bastard missions comparable to Bomb Da Base II and Wrong Side of the Tracks.

Agree with this. I'm usually shite with the missions and end up giving up on the game because I can't get past one. This is the first year I've ever completed the main story, and I found it surprisingly easy. It didn't seem very long either in my opinion.

AAA games are all getting easier, you can just walk through them all these days which I don't always mind as I'm shit at most of them but if you're looking for a challenge you have to step away from the big budget games. The only times I died on GTA V were when I made silly mistakes or somehow fell 50ft down a cliff.

I agree, plus it makes perfect sense seeing as gaming isn't just reserved for the nerds who play religiously any longer.

It's a better time to game than it ever has been, there are really great games and systems for everyone and their pet dog.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
Competed story mode a couple of nights ago, and I agree with neil- found the last couple of missions surprisingly easy. In fact, throughout the entire game there weren't any real, bastard missions comparable to Bomb Da Base II and Wrong Side of the Tracks.

Agree with this. I'm usually shite with the missions and end up giving up on the game because I can't get past one. This is the first year I've ever completed the main story, and I found it surprisingly easy. It didn't seem very long either in my opinion.

I think the regular check points is the cause of these opinions. In the other ones, you make a tiny mistake at any point in the mission you have to repeat every goddamn thing over and over. In GTA5 you just re-start from mere moments before you died/fucked up each time. It definitely ends up cutting down on a lot of game time. Also, with the shooting and driving mechanics vastly improved it's easier not to fuck up this time around, making it a much easier experience.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

The other plus point to the checkpoints in the missions is that in many cases, the missions are much larger in scope and more compelling as a result. For instance, the Three Leaf Clover mission from IV was excellent, and it's great to have more missions like that this time around with checkpoints and broader in scope.

• Moderators

I was also disappointed with the heists. Not with them themselves as they were a lot of fun, but I was expecting more of them. I didn't see the point of the whole "improve your crew" when there weren't many chances to really do so.

• Paid Members
I was also disappointed with the heists. Not with them themselves as they were a lot of fun, but I was expecting more of them. I didn't see the point of the whole "improve your crew" when there weren't many chances to really do so.

Yeah, 100% this. They made a big fuss about this game being 'all about the heists', so i was disappointed there weren't a load more. Even some generic, filler ones that don't necessary have much bearing on the story, like a couple of banks or something would've been fine. And half of the heists you didn't even pick a crew or approach, did you?

From the very first heist, I thought that once the main story had finished, you'd still be able to set up heists on places.

• Paid Members

Had a good one yesterday. I was playing (outside of missions) as Franklin and went to the Ammunation range to work on shooting. I then switched to Trevor and found him at the strip club a couple of streets away. I decided to go and get him some armour, so drove over to Ammunation where I found Franklin's car still outside. I then walked in and Franklin was still inside and he and Trevor had a conversation about how it was cool to bump into one another.

I then tried following Franklin down the street to see who he went, but he started complaining about me stalking him and eventually legged it.

Had a good one yesterday. I was playing (outside of missions) as Franklin and went to the Ammunation range to work on shooting. I then switched to Trevor and found him at the strip club a couple of streets away. I decided to go and get him some armour, so drove over to Ammunation where I found Franklin's car still outside. I then walked in and Franklin was still inside and he and Trevor had a conversation about how it was cool to bump into one another.

I then tried following Franklin down the street to see who he went, but he started complaining about me stalking him and eventually legged it.

I had a similar one after getting all 50 letter scraps.

I took Michael (who collected 49 of the scraps, including the last one) to the new mission marker.

When I got there, it said I needed Franklin, so I changed to Franklin and took him there.

When I got there, Franklin stuck some sticky bombs on a new vehicle there... and then bumped right into Michael who was just hanging about still.

Michael asked if I wanted to hang out or something so I declined. By pressing the decline button. Which is the same as the detonate button.

Fuck.

It got a bit buggy for a while but after a reload and some waiting I was able to carry on with the mission :)