GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Stunt jumps are not required for 100% in San Andreas. They were in GTA3 and Vice City, but not San Andreas:-

There are 70 Jumps located all over around the San Andreas State. Even if they appear in the statistics, they don't count for the 100% Completion.

http://gta.wikia.com/Unique_Stunt_Jumps_in_GTA_San_Andreas

You do realise this depresses me greatly. I spent so long trying to get 100%, and now I know I would have done it if I wasn't so preoccupied with stunt jumps. :(

Anyone continuing this most tedious of derails is getting an RPG rocket in the anus.

Kinky.

• Paid Members

I'm sure most people have figured this out, but just in case...

Turns out that when the Rockstar website and the game say you have to do, for example, 20 out of the 58 strangers and freaks missions, it doesn't mean you have to do any 20. Instead you have to do 20 specific ones (which aren't detailed except in third-party guides.) That's why you get the weird stats page where it says, for example, you've done 25 out of 58 but at the top it says 14 out of 20.

Bit disappointing as I thought they were giving you more scope to do "100%" with stuff you actually enjoy, but nope, you do have to do the collect 50 spaceship parts and 50 letter scraps to 100% it, so balls to that.

I'm sure most people have figured this out, but just in case...

Turns out that when the Rockstar website and the game say you have to do, for example, 20 out of the 58 strangers and freaks missions, it doesn't mean you have to do any 20. Instead you have to do 20 specific ones (which aren't detailed except in third-party guides.) That's why you get the weird stats page where it says, for example, you've done 25 out of 58 but at the top it says 14 out of 20.

Bit disappointing as I thought they were giving you more scope to do "100%" with stuff you actually enjoy, but nope, you do have to do the collect 50 spaceship parts and 50 letter scraps to 100% it, so balls to that.

I finished collecting the Letter scraps today and have also done the Spaceship parts all with the help of Youtube. It didnt take too long. Just got the jumps, knife flights and flying under bridges left. I've still not finished the game yet as I'm leaving the last few missions (I'm 82% done) as incentive for me to finish the rest.

• Paid Members

Spoilers about playing all three endings:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

So obviously I chose C (death wish) because I'm not a psycho and finished the mission. I just did the replay options for the other two endings and holy crap are they lame. Instead of a big multi-stage shootout and then what's effectively four assassination missions, both are literally a two minute scripted chase followed by what's basically a cut scene and then the credits rolling virtually out of nowhere. I'd have been incredible disappointed with either of those as the final mission. There's such a disparity I almost think the developers were deliberately fucking with people and if you choose the non-canon ending you get punished by a shit finale (and losing a character), which is a neat trick and all, but seems like the alternative endings were there just for that purpose.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Getting back on track, has there been any organised crew meets / missions yet? I'm stuck on Crew level 1 and I've only seen Koo online at all.

Spoilers about playing all three endings:

So obviously I chose C (death wish) because I'm not a psycho and finished the mission. I just did the replay options for the other two endings and holy crap are they lame. Instead of a big multi-stage shootout and then what's effectively four assassination missions, both are literally a two minute scripted chase followed by what's basically a cut scene and then the credits rolling virtually out of nowhere. I'd have been incredible disappointed with either of those as the final mission. There's such a disparity I almost think the developers were deliberately fucking with people and if you choose the non-canon ending you get punished by a shit finale (and losing a character), which is a neat trick and all, but seems like the alternative endings were there just for that purpose.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Spot on. They're so terrible, and actually attempt to make you feel bad for picking them! They had to have put them in just for added effect and play off of the 3 character gimmick. Personally, I thought they were pretty cool but definitely not as the intended "cannon" ending of the game.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I'd use the Jet Fighter if you can get to it, that seems to be the easiest of the planes to control although sometimes the speed can catch you off guard a bit.

I'd also recommend doing a quick save as you're heading towards the spot you're flying to, or just before you get onto the plane. That way if you crash, you can just keep reloading.

I'm stuck at the shooting range on my attempt at 100%. Just can't do this first "Light Machine Gun" one.

Fucking well moody :(

On top of that, I've got the last race from Hao, the sea races, and 7 more knife flights...

I'm the kind of fucker that enjoys getting letter scraps and spaceship parts. Get's you all over the map and a couple of them are pretty challenging.

• Paid Members

Hao gives you races? What if... something happened to him?

I'm not sure if it was light machine gun, but there was one of the gun challenges where I found the solution was to always stop firing a second or two before you expected as getting the 2x and 3x bonuses for not missing shots was the only way to do it.