GTAV

Astro Hollywood

You might as well just put your own stereo on in the background, no? Have never understood the need for that from some gamers. I know they did it for the pc version of GTAIV, though.

No, because it wouldn't be the same. Having to turn the volume down whenever a cut scene starts or anyone says anything. With the game controlling the music you know it won't down any thing out and it will fit in with the game experience.

You wouldn't say that playing a song on your stereo when you CAW comes out in wwe games is as good as choosing your song in game would you?

• Paid Members
You wouldn't say that playing a song on your stereo when you CAW comes out in wwe games is as good as choosing your song in game would you?

Why not? That's what I used to do. I created Yokozuna on WWF Attitude and played his theme on my Casio keyboard, recorded it, and played it during his entrance.

1999 had a fucking long summer...

• Paid Members

Started playing online last night. Menus and settings take a bit of getting used to but once you get the ball rolling it's marvelous fun. I like the team deathmatches the most so far. Did a trucker mission along with Lawz, one of the only fellows Cuckers I think I've met thus far, and another chap (may or may not be a Cucker).

Started playing online last night. Menus and settings take a bit of getting used to but once you get the ball rolling it's marvelous fun. I like the team deathmatches the most so far. Did a trucker mission along with Lawz, one of the only fellows Cuckers I think I've met thus far, and another chap (may or may not be a Cucker).

Was fun sir, although I was trying to eat dinner at the time so didn't vote to drive the truck! I think I'm up to level 23/24 now. Survival has been the best mode so far as it offers a nice amount of cash and levels up fast if you reach wave 10.

I'm absolutely useless at GTA Online. Deathmatch, get killed straight away. Free roam, get killed all the time. Race, always lose.

What rank are you? I've only ever won one race but I just aim to finish, get the points and the cash. Do some of the missions you get on your phone, you do them either on your own or with a couple of others. It's stuff like repoing a car and having a shootout in the process. Much more fun than getting killed all the time.

You sound like me, Pitty.

I'm not really an online kinda guy, but I played a bit in the hope I'd like it as I'd enjoyed the story mode so much. But, nah, wasn't for me.

I traded the game in whilst I could still get 30 quid for it. I only paid 32 in the first place. Score.

Level 5, I think. The missions only just opened up on the map, but I have to go to Tesco. PS3 doesn't seem to have as many players on as when I played it on the Xbox at my mate's house last week. There, I was doing missions and dying like an idiot but still winning because my teammates were good. Today, I'm just losing 2-on-1 deathmatches.

• Paid Members

Wow, GTAV is already the seventh biggest selling console game of all time- and a few of those that sold more were bundle games, like Wii Sports, Super Mario Land and Tetris. It's the biggest selling non-Nintendo game ever (and one of the only two non-Nintendo game in the top 10, the other being San Andreas) and it looks like it'll be the biggest selling stand-alone game of all time by Christmas.

Fuck it, let's say it'll be the biggest selling game ever, because I think it's unfair to count Wii Sports.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Done 25 jumps and found all the letter scraps and spaceship parts now, not much left to do to get the fabled 100%.

The longer I play the game, the happier I am there's three characters to change between. I haven't quite hit the wall yet but if I only had the one character I'd be burnt out with them by now.

• Moderators

Option C. The only choice.

My thoughts of the final sections:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The final heist I picked the tunnel option, and found it pretty easy really. The most annoying bit was getting Lester to shoot down the Merryweather helis.

Holding off all the cops/Merryweather people with all 3 characters was also pretty easy.

Then killing the various loose ends was also a breeze.

That's what I was disappointed with.

• Paid Members

Got the 100% this morning. Hurrah! Going to shelve it for a while and eventually I'll go back to it and get the trophies and make a go of the online stuff. For now though, like too much of a good thing, I need to lie low.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Can't find this extra mission for getting the 100% though. No notification of Frankiln's mini-map and no sign when I go to the actual location. Anyone else have that trouble?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Competed story mode a couple of nights ago, and I agree with neil- found the last couple of missions surprisingly easy. In fact, throughout the entire game there weren't any real, bastard missions comparable to Bomb Da Base II and Wrong Side of the Tracks.