The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's huge, a big round tub of lard now. Looks quite comfortable as a retired road agent.

If you compare him to the likes of Simon Diamond he looks brilliant. Diamond looked terrible at that Hardcore Justice 2010 and D'Lo looks much better. I just think his american father attire he wears doesn't compensate his image. I would want the guy to stay away from the ring for the matter.

Watched this on Challenge and thought overall it was pretty horrid.

Kendrick/Aries was decent considering Kendrick is cack.

Lynn/RVD was loads of spots pretty quickly and where were the tables? Having said that I can't say I didn't enjoy the stuff they did.

3 way was crap

Bully Ray vs Anderson was easily MOTN for me. A Top brawl for most of the way with some stuff you don't see every day. Shame about the end but recovered well enough. Best match i've seen from Anderson since he faced Taker all those years ago and Bully Ray continues to impress

Daniels/Styles was utter crap.

Hogan/Sting was what i'd expect in terms of a macth e.g not a lot, but the aftermath was very good indeed, the shirt rip was a great moment.

Roode/Angle was rubbish. Nothing of a match followed by the worst lets say "typical Angle" sequence i've ever seen. If Angle hadn't got injured I reckon they'd still be doing Angle slams into crossfaces into ankle locks into fishermans now. And the finish was flat, especially as it was the 363rd Angle slam of the match. Not exactly the match it should have been considering the build.

As a general point I have a bit of a problem with TNA matches in general. I can't quite say what it is exactly but I think things seem a little more rushed than elsewhere, which in turn makes everything seem a bit contrived and telegraphed, because nothing has time to sink in. When I watch I feel I can almost see them setting moves up all the time as if they're thinking "Right we've got to do this, this this and then finish" without anything building up. I've explained that poorly but it's something that's niggled at me for ages and it's not just in comparison to WWE, it's most other promotions I watch.

• Paid Members

Is Simon Diamond an agent? Aren't the agents supposed to go through, structure and book the matches? I ask because I don't see how he can be deserving of the job as he never accomplished anything in his career worthy of note and never had any good matches.

• Paid Members
Is Simon Diamond an agent? Aren't the agents supposed to go through, structure and book the matches? I ask because I don't see how he can be deserving of the job as he never accomplished anything in his career worthy of note and never had any good matches.

Jose Mourinho never played football at any decent level. Doesn't stop him being a top manager. Some people have the ability to do and some have the ability to teach. There's a rare breed who can do both.

I've been really enjoying TNA's product since I started watching again earlier this month. They built up Bound For Glory really well and had the chance to hook me completely on the product. However, you can always rely on them to let you down somehow.

I don't like to bitch but that ending left such a sour taste in my mouth. The match was good, although rushed but what a bad way to end your biggest show of the year. I mean, yeah, I was pulling for Roode to win and I was really disappointed that he didn't win but it wasn't just this that bothered me, I could've taken him losing if they actually did something that made it worthwhile but they didn't. It just ended with the heel champion cheating to win, like so many other PPVs. It was just such an anti-climax.

Now, onto the positives. Hogan/Sting was the best part of the show. It wasn't a technical masterclass, it was never gonna be but wrestling isn't about that and that is where so many get it people go wrong. It's about making people care. They had a fun enough match but the aftermath was great, with Hogan hulking up and taking out Immortal. That was brilliantly done and showed such simple stuff still works so well. I'm not exactly Hogan's biggest fan but for people to say he isn't talented is ridiculous. He can barely do anything in the ring anymore and he still has the crowd in the palm of his hand. That is talent.

As for the rest of the show, it was a bit of a mixed bag. Aries/Kendrick was a fun way to start, RVD/Lynn had a good Full Metal Mayhem match with some really nice spots and Anderson/Ray was fun and it is a pity about Anderson missing the finish because that would've been a brilliant spot. Crimson/Joe/Morgan wasn't awful or anything but it wasn't particularly inspiring, the Knockouts match was crap and Styles/Daniels had a bit of an unmemorable I Quit match. Daniels talking about murdering AJ was a bit cringeworthy, just didn't fit the feud at all. The Jarrett/Hardy segment wasn't needed either.

This had the potential to be a lot better than it was. It wasn't terrible by any means, there was some good stuff on there but overall, it wasn't a very good show, certainly not worthy of being their biggest event of the year.

This was the first TNA PPV I've seen in ages and, though I'd only seen a bit of one Impact in the lead-up for Bound For Glory, I'd heard good things about Impact on this forum.

I missed most of Aries vs. Kendrick. I didn't get much of a chance to see what the fuss about Aries was though my mate said he's the best in TNA at the moment. The handy highlights video at the end of the match showed some cool stuff. Aries' suicide dive looked like it was gonna take out the Hogan fan too.

RVD vs. Jerry Lynn was a mess. They looked like they were trying to do some of their typical ECW sequences and buggering them up. Though they have name value, as a guy returning to TNA I found they were embarrassing and showing their age. Not what you want to project to potential new fans. It picked up a bit towards the end though. The highlights video showed that the spots were pretty good but the flow between was awful.

The three-way with Crimson, Morgan and Joe was better than expected. Joe's shorts looked ridiculous. Morgan looks the part but his wrestling isn't up to much. Crimson looks a goon. Joe saved this match as it seemed to be mostly revolving around him. Joe was the heel but the crowd cheered him and booed the other two and he seemed to work the match like a face with his suicide dive for example.

Mr. Anderson vs. Bully Ray was my favourite match of the night. The Mic Check on the guard rail looked very harsh. Bully Ray's always been good at bumping and promos. Though he's a bully, his attire looks a bit cheap at the moment so I think he needs to change it a bit before he can go into the main event if they were to want to do that (which I don't think they do). Saying that, Hogan's Immortal H2 top is awful and he wears Tesco jeans and Hi-Tec trainers to go with it. I weren't that bothered about the Swanton not breaking the table. My mate said before the match that he likes Anderson and that he thinks there's still a place for him in WWE. I thought back to what a lot of people on UKFF had said about how he's been shit. I've not been able to pass judgement as I've not seen him in TNA really. He got match of the night for me on an admittedly pretty lacklustre event so I'm not complaining about him.

The four way for the Knockouts belt I didn't care about. I get annoyed by hearing lots of women screaming. I hadn't followed the storyline really either so I didn't get into it. Winter's gimmicks seems shit. Whilst I thought this match had gone on for ages, Wikipedia tells me that it was 8 and a half minutes long. Were the entrances very long? Not sure.

Why have AJ and Daniels in an I Quit match? I know the event is in Philly and they love their hardcore but that's satisfying the 2,500 or so there for the expense of the others buying it on PPV. This is the third match with weapons so far - and one that definitely doesn't need it. AJ and Daniels are renowned for having wrestling matches together. They're supposed to be the guys who deliver the 'pure' wrestling. An I Quit match does nothing but show their flaws. You need characters in an I Quit match to make it entertaining. These aren't capable of that. Daniels going on about murdering Styles was laughable and cringeworthy. He should know much, much better than that. That's something a novice would be doing. Parts of it were them trying to batter each other and then other parts were doing moonsault reverse DDTs. If you're going to do an I Quit match, you shouldn't really be doing these elaborate chains and athletics. And if you're not doing them, then you're hiding the appeal of these two wrestlers. I dunno what happened with the sitout powerbomb on the outside. I guess AJ bottled out? Odd as he never usually does that. We joked that the ref was sticking the mic in the wrestler's faces so much at the start that when AJ got Daniels up for the vertical suplex, we wondered whether the ref would stick the mic in Daniels' face as the blood rushes to his head.

Sting and Hogan was good for what it was. Flair was a good addition to the match. They definitely know how to time things and work the crowd. Hogan's a master at the getting the most out of so little. Always has been. Less is more when you're doing it right, Davey. The post-match goings on were predictable but still fun to watch. I said before the turn that all of the wrestlers in the ring were going to line up in a queue and take punches from Hogan as a half-joke but then they did literally form a queue and take punches. The hype video should have been longer considering how long the storyline's been running and it should have been straight before the match rather than going to Taz and Tenay afterwards. It was a bit odd that Bischoff's son had let Sting win but when Bischoff and his cronies came down to the ring, Bischoff didn't initially go to his son and complain to him. Obviously he got the chair in the end but for a couple of minutes or so, Bischoff had ignored him.

I'm not going to be able to add too much to what's already been said. I didn't like the match. I hate seeing people just jump up in the air to reverse an Angle Slam. I hate seeing a million Angle Slams/reversals of the Angle Slam/reversals of the Crossface. Some of the reversals were alright but use them sparingly! Shortly into the match, Angle took a German off the top rope and Roode barely looked like he'd grabbed him. You can tell Angle threw that idea out there before the match to make sure he filled his quota of trying to throw himself on his head. I also hated the fact that Bobby Roode's entrance was like an entrance in the mid-card of Impact. Angle's entrance looked main event worthy but nothing different from what he does on Impact. Really undersold the significance of the match and any effort into making Roode look big time. I'd forgotten that Bound For Glory had already aired when I clicked in this thread and spoiled the result to this match for myself accidentally so I weren't as livid as I could have been but I was still flabbergasted. Just really awful.

I still think it's lame if the new bookers don't see Roode as the guy who's going to run with the ball. The only thing that can come of it is positive if they give him a clean win at Bound For Glory - and make his entrance actually look big time. They might not have faith in him, but the previous bookers had built him for so long that the only logical thing you can do is give Roode the title. If you don't like him after a few months, take the belt off of him. This has really damaged any faith I have in TNA further than it already had been. What difference is it going to make? Ratings stay at a pretty consistent level. If there's not an increase in ratings/PPV buys/merchandise sales then it's not the end of the world. But considering all the effort that's gone into him, he was one of their best shots at getting some momentum back, potentially an increase in one of the aforementioned and most importantly some trust in fans.

Oh, and Hardy's new top is rubbish.

I watched most of this last night without seeing any of the recent build up to it, and really enjoyed it for what it was. The X Division match was fun, RVD and Jerry Lynn seemed a bit sloppy to me but it was still alright, the Jeff Hardy/Jarrett brawl looked good, Hogan and Sting was amazing and I really enjoyed the main event. I did think the match was going to be restarted after the ref found out that Angle was holding onto the rope, so I was surprised when I realized that was it, and it seemed like a flat ending.

Archived