The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

Hmm I don't know if PPV is dead for wrestling, for TNA it is yeah.

Agree with this. To say PPV is dead is just daft. True they aren't hitting the numbers they want, or have projected, but they are still selling their events to a large amount of people.

What did something like money in the bank pull in? 265,000? Times that by $40 or however much it is, minus the providers cut and its still a hell of a chunk of change.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What did something like money in the bank pull in? 265,000? Times that by $40 or however much it is, minus the providers cut and its still a hell of a chunk of change.

265,000? If they'd have drawn 265,000 for the Money In the Bank PPV, they'd be dancing in the streets and we'd be seeing CM Punk vs John Cena main events until 2014.

A pay-per-view for WWE costs about $750,000 to produce, and god knows how much in bonuses to the talent and advertising. And they are a public company, so they are under presure all the time to be hitting certain targets. If TNA doesn't draw, the free rent in the Impact Zone and the lack of Spike giving a shit means it doesn't actually matter. WWE wants to be doing far better than they are. Its why they tried to get Lesnar back last year and got the Rock in, after the WM26 buyrate died. The higher standards you have, the more the expectation is.

• Paid Members

265,000 was the "me no understand how graphs work" figure that got reported. It actually included a bunch of WrestleMania buys that hadn't been counted the previous quarter.

Actual figure was 185,000, which is about four million dollars profit for WWE.

265,000? If they'd have drawn 265,000 for the Money In the Bank PPV, they'd be dancing in the streets and we'd be seeing CM Punk vs John Cena main events until 2014.

A pay-per-view for WWE costs about $750,000 to produce, and god knows how much in bonuses to the talent and advertising. And they are a public company, so they are under presure all the time to be hitting certain targets. If TNA doesn't draw, the free rent in the Impact Zone and the lack of Spike giving a shit means it doesn't actually matter. WWE wants to be doing far better than they are. Its why they tried to get Lesnar back last year and got the Rock in, after the WM26 buyrate died. The higher standards you have, the more the expectation is.

Ha - fair point well made. Im honestly not sure how many buys MITB did but the point I was trying to get at, was that to say PPV business for WWE is dead, was a bit daft - they are still making a fair amount of cash off it.

265,000 was the "me no understand how graphs work" figure that got reported. It actually included a bunch of WrestleMania buys that hadn't been counted the previous quarter.

When you say profit, presumably everyone's pay still has to come out of that figure? PPV bonuses, and so on? Or is that clear, everyone's been paid, it's money in the bank profit?

• Paid Members
When you say profit, presumably everyone's pay still has to come out of that figure? PPV bonuses, and so on? Or is that clear, everyone's been paid, it's money in the bank profit?

I suspect it's the gross, Loki.

185k buys at, say, $50 brings in around $9m. Chop off $1m for running the show and an element of advertising and you're left with $8m. The PPV providers get around half of that, so WWE is left with $4m.

I thought we'd established which PPV we were talking about here.

I can't see many $1m PPV payoffs these days in WWE then!

I wouldn't be suprised Wrestlemania is the only PPV where that is possible at all these days but hasn't it always been like that?

Didn't Molly Holly agree to the hair match against Victoria one year because even if you are lower down on the card Wrestlemania is the biggest payday of the year?

Archived