The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Impact this week was again really good. Everything fell into place nicely, after such a class build. Jeff Hardy is back and is on his way to Bound For Glory. I can see him costing Hogan the company, and everyone will forgive him for giving Dixie her company back. Hardy might help the buyrate out as well, so that can only be a good thing. TNA's really pushing this as well, with Hogan being on all the media outlets all week and Philadelphia having billboards and posters all over town. They've spent a shitload on promoting it. By far the biggest show they've had in ages.

TNA World Title: Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle:

bfg1.jpg

A lot of people are saying that this has been built up better than any PPV in TNA history. Its been built up how the WWE used to build up matches involving the likes of Lesnar, Benoit, Angle and Guerrero in 2003/04. The build is the brainchild of Eric Bischoff (who is Roode's biggest supporter in the company) and the execution is done by Bruce Pritchard. Roode has ticked every box as far as trying to get over. He's beaten Kaz, Styles and his partner Storm, and this week he beat Jarrett and Gunnar in a handicap match. He's looked great in interviews, came across credible with the likes of Sting and Jeff Hardy giving him onscreen endorsements and he's carried himself like a champion both in the ring and on the microphone. It should be brilliant. Angle's had to carry dead weight for the last two PPV's and they have both been crap, so in his fucked up mind, he'll probably have something to prove on Sunday. Should be class.

For Control of TNA: Sting vs. Hulk Hogan

bfg2.jpg

The feuds in the last month has been excellent. With Sting and Hogan putting in some world class performances, especially on the "retirement" show. This week was more of the same. Hogan and Sting did one last push on the go home show, and again it was well done. On the most recent Impact, Sting fucked off the Joker gimmick and the pair had an intense verbal exchange. Hogan promised it would be a fair game and changed tact when he beat up Sting with a chair, hammered him down in the corner and the final show before Bound For Glory ended with Hogan's boot choking out Sting. Hogan did enough physically to show he still has enough in him to piece a Big Daddy match together as a special attraction bout. Which they definitely needed to show, because I think a lot of us were thinking Hogan would be getting wheeled to the ring on Sunday and wheeled back. Steiner will show up, Gunnar will be there, we'll see Flair's arse, Bischoff will have his karate suit on (hopefully) and we'll get the dog and pony show Philadelphia is famous for, infront of a crowd which will be pumped up to see two massive stars. I'm looking forward to it. They've sold the people on it.

Full Metal TLC Thingy: Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn:

bfg3.jpg

This should be alright. RVD has always needed shortcuts to have a really good match, and Jerry Lynn's always been good at getting the best out of wrestlers like RVD. At this stage of their careers, a match like this should have enough to entertain a bunch of fans who know who they are and like them because of their past in the very city. And because they both like working against each other and both like the city, everything should be in place to have a good TLC bout. Fuck knows what they'll hang up in the rafters though. Probably Mr JL's old mask or something.

Bully Ray vs Mr. Anderson:

bfg4.jpg

As shit as Anderson is, he usually has good gimmick matches. And Bully Ray NEVER has bad gimmick matches. He'll probably slap the fuck out of Anderson here. Problem is, that Philly crowd probably wont boo Bully Ray at all. In fact, Anderson comes across as a bigger cock than Bully Ray does. And Bully Ray is in the building he always gets a homecoming reaction in. It matters little though. Bully always great. He's in the form of his life I think.

I Quit Match: Christopher Daniels vs AJ Styles:

bfg5.jpg

This has been a million times better than their usual untrustworthy partner/best friend/jealous friend/enemy feuds they've had in the past. Daniels and AJ have played it really well. I usually hate I Quit matches though. But Styles carried Tommy Dreamer to the best match of Dreamers life last year and that was an I Quit match. This should be good judging by that.

Triple Threat: Samoa Joe vs. Crimson vs. Matt Morgan:

bfg6.jpg

Fucking hell.

X Division Title: Brian Kendrick vs Austin Aries:

bfg8.jpg

Aries is always good. I just love this bloke. He's wasted in the Impact Zone. He should be getting shitty nappies and battery acid thrown at him the way he performs as a heel. Kendrick is probably the worst person in wrestling at the minute, but that shouldn't put Aries off. They had a good match last month. As long as we get the right result, I'll enjoy it. Should have been Kid Kash or Alex Shelley instead of Kendrick though. His MC Hammer trousers are embarrassing.

Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne vs. Winter:

bfg91.jpg

The Knockouts have been less shit than usual, what with Karen Angle taking over the segments and calling them all tramps and whores. It'll probably be your standard affair. We might even see Gail Kim return, so you never know.

Free For All for the TNA World Tag Team Titles: Ink Inc. vs. Mexican America

bfg9.jpg

This match is being shown for free, because they needed to drop something from the PPV to give everyone the time they need (which TNA usually used to think 'fuck it' and have anyone rush through their matches). And they felt the tag match had the least interest, even though I'd have flown to Philadelphia myself to rub the Morgan/Joe/Giant Amazing Red match off the black board. Hopefully Jesse Neal wins both belts and fucks Shannon Moore off.

Looking forward to this more than I have for any PPV in ages. Most of the matches look good and the buildup has given me confidence that they will deliver the goods on Sunday. I hope they pull it off. If they pull it off, I'll pull it off.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The card only needs the top two matches really but the rest of the card sems decent enough. Two gimmick matches plus the Hogan/Sting bout could be overkill if they're all booked the way I presume they will be but I guess it's their big show and thatk in justifies it. It'll be interesting to see the reaction the main gets after Hogan vs. Sting but Kurt's a big enough name and Roode a good enough performer to keep the crowd interested. Well, in theory. From what I've seen of TNA shows on the road before the ex-WWE and WCW stars get the big responses and hardly anyone else. Depends how many in the audience have been watching the TV I suppose.

• Paid Members

Good post.

TNA World Title: Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle:

This is pretty much a one match card and this is the match. The best promoted TNA match in years and the most promising push TNA has ever delivered. The only criticism I'd have is the inconsistency of Angle's character and the numerous heel/face turns slightly damage what is otherwise a classic veteren character. They've done a good job over the years of making Angle into a TNA version of Randy Couture. He didn't need to be a heel for this match.

This will deliver, I'm sure of it. Angle delivers in big matches. Even if they aren't that great, they look great. Anything other than bobby Roode as the triumphant hero in this match though and what little faith I have in TNA will disappear.

For Control of TNA: Sting vs. Hulk Hogan

This will be a car crash. It won't even be intriguing like Hogan/Rock. We've seen it before when they could actually go. If Sting flies around a lot, this could be watchable. I think it'll be horrible though. Might be alright if you're a Hogan fan. I didn't buy into him when I was 8, I sure don't now.

Full Metal TLC Thingy: Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn:

I've always enjoyed RVD vs. Jerry Lynn. Lynn is a favourite of mine. This will be spotty as fuck but should be spectacular.

Bully Ray vs Mr. Anderson:

Anderson is so dull these days, he even drags the awesome Bully Ray down. Can't see me sitting through this thing.

I Quit Match: Christopher Daniels vs AJ Styles:

Seen it before, didn't care then. Not even the really good recent episodes of Impact persuade me to watch this.

Triple Threat: Samoa Joe vs. Crimson vs. Matt Morgan:

Agree with Ian completely.

X Division Title: Brian Kendrick vs Austin Aries:

I like Aries, like most, but Kendrick is dull, dull, dull. Would rather see Kid Kash.

Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne vs. Winter:

Meh.

Free For All for the TNA World Tag Team Titles: Ink Inc. vs. Mexican America

Pity they feel the need to shit on their tag belts by bumping them off the PPV. Match wise, I can't blame them, but they should protect the tag belts. Tag wrestling is something they should be shouting about.

Overall, I think there's half a good PPV here. Like WWE, most of it isn't as good or isn't any better than stuff you'll see on TV each week for free, which is a big problem I feel.

• Paid Members

I'm miffed that James Storm and Jeff Jarrett didn't get a match, but like them bumping the Tag match off the card, it's a good sign they're trying to let everything breath.

I too was shocked at how well Hogan did in the final segment. He didn't move far, but he was believable and intense. I've never doubted this match will be good, Hogan is the master at getting the most out of little, plus you have the Stinger there.

Angle v Roode will probably have a match as good as 'Taker v Triple H. Expect a lot of kick outs of finishers etc. It pays to be Roode.

The rubbish Triple threat and the Knockouts match are the two I really have no interest in. As long as they're kept short, they'll be fine.

• Paid Members

I might give this a go. I've not watched any TNA in forever but I might give it another shot. I might switch over to Babestation when they do Daniels v Styles 208, though.

I'm a bit optimistic about Daniels/Styles. There seems to be a different dynamic to the whole thing, and I'm interested in seeing Daniels do a full on brawl, which isn't really his thing. Their utter shitfest last time out though is keeping my optimisim low. RVD/Lynn is the one I can see being a massive disappointment, and on the other end of the scale, I can see the Knockouts pulling a surprise out of the hat. Everything else is going to match expectations I reckon, which means the card should be really solid.

I am def gonna watch Impact on Sunday then, followed by BFG on a stream or something. Chat then?

bit disappointed for Jeff Jarrett, Gunner, James Storm, Kazarian and several others that should be on the ppv, but hopefully they'll be involved somewhere.

If Bound For Glory goes off the air with Bobby Roode, James Storm and loads of faces celebrating with a beer in the ring, then it wil be the best ppv of the year, regardless of how good the matches have been!

Can't wait to see the set design and the crowd. Also Anderson is gonna get booed out of the building fo sho.

Their utter shitfest last time out though is keeping my optimisim low.

Was last time when they main evented the X Division PPV a couple of months ago or have they met again since then?

They met since on a episode of impact when Daniels pinned Style after he slipped on the ropes. Though to be honest I thought that was a okay match.

• Paid Members

After Ian's OP I decided to give Impact a go this week, I was very impressed.

Genuinely hope Roode bags the title this Sunday, purely so I can see what direction they go with it. It's the first time I've watched Impact in a while so I was surprised by some of the nice little touches they've added to stuff like the set for instance. Sting's entrance video with the lighting around is bezerk isn't it?

Bobby Roode looks like a genuine star. Fingers crossed he wins the title because it'l be interesting to see what direction they go in with it. That opening promo and the video package of Roode/Angle later in the show were both tremendous and I wish WWE would do stuff like that much more often.

• Paid Members

Bloody hell, Mr Anderson looks the spit of Vince McMahon in that photo.

I'm a bit optimistic about Daniels/Styles. There seems to be a different dynamic to the whole thing, and I'm interested in seeing Daniels do a full on brawl, which isn't really his thing. Their utter shitfest last time out though is keeping my optimisim low.

I didn't see their last match, although I know the outcome of it. But I'm excited about the match, I think the feud's been spot-on. I love the fact it's all based around Daniel's being a prick around one flukey win over his friend, I don't think I remember seeing a feud based on that before. Plus he's not playing one of his inexplicable former gimmicks, he's just acting like a normal person.

I've loved the build up to Hogan/Sting, and I can imagine it working very like Hogan/McMahon from WM19 which was an extremely watchable match. However, I really wish Hogan was the face, despite his heel actions I still find myself rooting for the guy, and there really isn't anything quite like a Hulk Hogan babyface entrance, with the red and yellow, insance audience reaction and goosebump-enducing theme music. I know he couldn't and wouldn't have "Real American" lead him out, but dammit, it's Hulk Hogan! It doesn't matter!

C'mon the Hulkster!!!

Archived