The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last nights TNA Bound For Glory in Philadelphia drew 2,500 fans which is being considered a disappointment considered the heavy build up and promotion for the event.
from Wrestlezone.

Well I watched the main event, gutted doesn't even begin to cover it. Does this remind anyone of Samoa Joe 5/6 years ago? When he was undefeated he was unstoppable, and then the rug was pulled from under him, like him or not a World Title win could have elevated him to top level of TNA. Now look at him.

I'm praying that doesn't happen to Roode. They had a chance to make a star and put him into the top tier with the non TNA main eventers and they fucking blew it. The chase isn't Angle cheating and Roode chasing after him. The chase was the BFG Series and Roodes everyman status, and how all his hard work and dedication pulled off; they did it so well too, thats the annoying thing.

Sigh, oh well.

He did win the World Title

At Lockdown, Joe defeated Angle to win his first TNA World Championship and become TNA's third Triple Crown Champion.[29] The stipulation of the match was if Joe had lost, he would have had to retire from professional wrestling. He successfully defeated Angle in a rematch on Impact! and then retained against Scott Steiner and Kaz at Sacrifice. At Slammiversary, Joe became the first champion to ever retain his title in a King of the Mountain match.<[45] Joe was then challenged to a match by Booker T at Victory Road, which he accepted. At Victory Road the match went to a No Contest when Sting hit Joe with a baseball bat and Booker pinned him while Sharmell made the three count. At Hard Justice, Joe defeated Booker after a guitar shot, thus reclaiming physical possession of the title belt, which Booker had kept after Victory Road. At Bound for Glory IV, he fought Sting in a losing effort to defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, ending his reign at 182 days.

It was shit

Last nights TNA Bound For Glory in Philadelphia drew 2,500 fans which is being considered a disappointment considered the heavy build up and promotion for the event.
from Wrestlezone.

Well I watched the main event, gutted doesn't even begin to cover it. Does this remind anyone of Samoa Joe 5/6 years ago? When he was undefeated he was unstoppable, and then the rug was pulled from under him, like him or not a World Title win could have elevated him to top level of TNA. Now look at him.

I'm praying that doesn't happen to Roode. They had a chance to make a star and put him into the top tier with the non TNA main eventers and they fucking blew it. The chase isn't Angle cheating and Roode chasing after him. The chase was the BFG Series and Roodes everyman status, and how all his hard work and dedication pulled off; they did it so well too, thats the annoying thing.

Sigh, oh well.

He did win the World Title

At Lockdown, Joe defeated Angle to win his first TNA World Championship and become TNA's third Triple Crown Champion.[29] The stipulation of the match was if Joe had lost, he would have had to retire from professional wrestling. He successfully defeated Angle in a rematch on Impact! and then retained against Scott Steiner and Kaz at Sacrifice. At Slammiversary, Joe became the first champion to ever retain his title in a King of the Mountain match.<[45] Joe was then challenged to a match by Booker T at Victory Road, which he accepted. At Victory Road the match went to a No Contest when Sting hit Joe with a baseball bat and Booker pinned him while Sharmell made the three count. At Hard Justice, Joe defeated Booker after a guitar shot, thus reclaiming physical possession of the title belt, which Booker had kept after Victory Road. At Bound for Glory IV, he fought Sting in a losing effort to defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, ending his reign at 182 days.

It was shit

I mean if he won the Title when he was good! and not 2 years later.

• Paid Members

From various news sites

The original plan for the PPV was for Bobby Roode to defeat Kurt Angle for the TNA championship to close the PPV. The story going around was that yesterday afternoon, Hulk Hogan lobbied to have the finish change, feeling that Roode wasn't ready for a run with the title. So, the finish was changed.

Between that and the AJ Styles stuff in the last few days, there was a lot of resentment towards Hogan among the long time members of the roster. The resentment was especially at a high because Hogan was ripping on Styles on Twitter when everyone knew Styles had missed the TNA Fan Interaction event due to a death in the family.

One running joke I heard after the PPV, which to a person, everyone agreed wasn't a strong show, was whether roster talents could "request a transfer" to Jeff Jarrett's new India project.

Tommy Dreamer was backstage at Bound for Glory.

I covered the screen with my hand to go straight to "Add Reply" to avoid spoilers, but just had to post how fucking BRILLIANT the intro video was, with the two main events perfectly drawn together. Got Mania excited there. So excited. I wonder how the tone of my next post in the thread will be. Fingers more crossed with TNA for this show than ever, ever before.

• Paid Members

Will be checking out the PPV on wednesday over here, (if they dont cut off the main event again), but sounds a bit cack all round so far.

Gutted about roode not winning, as his build up was classic, (the best thing tna have done in a while), and would of topped off Stings win i think. At the same time, not sure about hogans face turn, or if he had real motive for it.....was he in the red/yellow for the match?

Bar that much like WWE, TNA's women division has become very dire. Why they still have womens tag belts is beyond me. Brian kendrick has also turned amazing shite recently. AJ/Daniels has been done to death, as has RVD/Lynn now i think.

I've mentioned this before, but they need to start phasing out the older guys from TNA , (be it in some form of gimmick match or otherwise), and start focussing on the "Younger talent". I think FSM mentioned recently that TNA still promotes guys like AJ / Matt Morgan as the "Younger / Next generation" of talent, but they've been around for years, and should be topping the shows NOW.

Just watched the show. Thought it was ok. I really liked the RVD v Lynn match. As opposed the the AJ V Daniels match which I hated. Hogan was awesome, his match with Sting stole it. To see him taking bumps and going in a sharpshooter is mental, but the face turn was the highlight of the night. Sting's "help me" was perfect. I know Hulk is goosed but If he could do at least that for a few months run, I'd say get the belt on him never mind Bobby fucking Roode. Main even was short and full of crossfaces. nothing earth shattering. I dont mind about Roode not winning because as others have said, he's not really gonna make any difference anyway. Jeff Hardy is the man for it in my personal opinion, but only if Hogan doesnt get the bug for it all again. The thing with Hogan is there is so much history there of people loving the guy, you cant stop it. Hulkamania is real and alive and well.

That might be the cheesiest thing ive ever posted :laugh:

Archived