The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to be realistic...TNA screwed up on the timings big style. Leaving 15 mins for the main event of your biggest PPV, but letting the women go nearly half an hour?!! X at the end could prove interesting, maybe gives TNA a way to book themselves out of the corner. Just feel very hard done by with the mad rush at the end...indyriffic spot match.

Hogan and Sting ruled ass, rest kinda sucked.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, the same old predictable finish, however this time it's not Wrestlemania 18 with The Rock.

Fare play to Hogan for bumping a few times on his seriously damaged back, and same to Sting for doing his best to make Hogan look dominant. But what a crock of crap the year long "Immortal" angle as been. It was screwed from the get go, but what a pointless year.

• Paid Members

I know the Main Event result must be for a rematch, but it fell real flat and Roode will have to win on a later (smaller) ppv. I wouldnt have dragged it out another month or two.

Hogan vs Sting was an absolute miracle. Hogan tearing off his shirt was probably the biggest pop Ive ever heard in TNA.

Hogan and Sting ruled ass, rest kinda sucked.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, the same old predictable finish, however this time it's not Wrestlemania 18 with The Rock.

Fare play to Hogan for bumping a few times on his seriously damaged back, and same to Sting for doing his best to make Hogan look dominant. But what a crock of crap the year long "Immortal" angle as been. It was screwed from the get go, but what a pointless year.

Well putting It like that, shows how weak the lower and mid-card of this show ended up to be. Which I am gutted about, to be fair Anderson and Bully Ray had a good match but the botched ending ruined it for me. RVD and Lynn had a very disappointing botch-fest. Like somebody has already pointed out the women went WAY too long. I think I'll actually rate the triple-threat better than most that was put on this card. :smug:

I quite liked that as that PPV goes

Decent stuff from Aries and Kendrick to start, the 3 way was meh, AJ vs Daniels was okay, Anderson and Bully Ray was better than it had any right to be, and Anderson nearly killing himself twice with botched Sentons, once neck first on to a guard rail and 2nd on to the table. Jarrett/Hardy thing was okayish, but didnt need to be PPV. The Women's match was an awful awful abomination. Hogan Sting was alright for what it was, couldnt really buy into them going at it at it. but hey it worked. and the match of 10000 finishers went on last and was quickened because of time. Still it wasnt awful despite the rushed nature, but the ending will piss people off.

Having said that Ref's being screwy had been signposted all night, what with James's turn/non turn and then Karen Jarrett/Traci Brooks and then we get a cheat to win Main Event. Wonder if an 'audible' was called on that one.

Finally it was nice to see a Ukff'er in the front row and get his promotion plugged. So well done the Fludder for that. PCW indeed :p

EDIT: clean forgot about RVD and Jerry Lynn trying to kill themselves, which is a worry considering that they went hell for leather to do just that

• Paid Members

Best match/moment of the night by a country fucking mile was Hogan vs Sting. It was fucking mental. Hogan got a giant ovation. Killed the crowd for the next bout, but it was so brilliant. Everything that was right about pro wrestling. The match was a standard affair using all the tricks in the book, and the action was enjoyable. Flair was great, because he didn't do anything stupid and played it for laughs. The dog and pony show happened afterwards though. The way Hogan timed his save for Sting was just beautiful. When he tore his shirt as well, it was definitely the biggest reaction in TNA history. He's the master. Should have went on last if they planned the result of the next match.

Angle supposedly legit injured himself on the spot before the pinfall. No idea why he tried to land on his feet from the top rope with a torn hamstring. I hope it hasnt killed Roode's momentum. He should have won it here. Horrid finish. Hope for Roode's sake it can be saved.

I liked the PPV over all though. Some decent matches on there. Austin Aries was over as fuck. RVD and Lynn was good for what it was. Anderson and Bully Ray was good as well. I liked it.

Archived