The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Bullshit. You are not telling me that Hogan's doing a great job of selling the PPV just by being Hulk Hogan, and you're certainly not going to convince me that it doesn't matter what he says to people. In a promo maybe, but not in a media interview. If he'd buried the company, people would listen to that.

Do you think anyone really gives a shit either way? And he isn't burying the company. Maybe if you checked all his media interviews out this week, you'll see what a good job he's doing. Even Meltzer and Alvarez have spoken about what a top job he's done with how he's handled the media this week. I think your making far big a deal out of it.

If he'd buried the company. Read what I put.

Why would you even say "if he's burying the company", then. That has no relevance to the original point, because if he buried the company, of course they would listen. But he isn't. But is double edged sword of shite that people like to nitpick at. If he puts over TNA for being better than WWE people go "lol what bollocks". And if he builds a PPV up, using the same formula that has proven to be a success for years, he's "burying the talent". Nobody is buying the PPV based on Hogan saying Bobby Roode is any good or not anyway. Its just being throwing babies in the air about nothing.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would you even say "if he's burying the company", then. That has no relevance to the original point, because if he buried the company, of course they would listen. But he isn't. But is double edged sword of shite that people like to nitpick at. If he puts over TNA for being better than WWE people go "lol what bollocks". And if he builds a PPV up, using the same formula that has proven to be a success for years, he's "burying the talent". Nobody is buying the PPV based on Hogan saying Bobby Roode is any good or not anyway. Its just being throwing babies in the air about nothing.

It has relevance to the original point in the sense that you'd need to consider whether people are listening to what he's saying or not. If it's 30% content and 70% projection, surely he could either praise or slate the company and it wouldn't matter? Naturally, that's clearly not the case, so the way he talks about one of the talent does have some importance.

• Paid Members
It has relevance to the original point in the sense that you'd need to consider whether people are listening to what he's saying or not. If it's 30% content and 70% projection, surely he could either praise or slate the company and it wouldn't matter? Naturally, that's clearly not the case, so the way he talks about one of the talent does have some importance.

If you got Ronald McDonald on a talk show and he said McDonalds was on its arse people would probably listen. If Ronald started talking about how one of the members of staff wasn't giving the correct change to the customers, who would care? There's a difference between pushing a product and beating people across the head talking about the characters on the show they probably never watch. Especially in wrestling. And again, its not like he's burying Bobby Roode. If he said "what do I think of Roode? Fucking useless". But he never said that. He said Angle was better. And Angle is better. He's the champion. Surely if he's putting Kurt over (which he is) and people by the PPV because of his sales pitch, I'd imagine that would make Roode look better for beating the man Hogan put over as the centre piece of the company. People aren't thick. If they bought it, they would buy into it. It isn't a shitty iPPV he's selling. He's telling you to watch him vs Sting, and you'll learn the rest when you buy it. I doubt it would even register if it wasn't for shit websites with a thousand pop ups bigging it up like Diana just died.

• Paid Members

Why not endorse Roode though? Make it look as though people might miss the creation of a new star if they don't see this match on PPV? Hogan's doing a great job of promoting the PPV, but I think it's a little odd he's not talked up the title match a bit more, he could endorse both men, making it look as though this is a huge star versus a up and comer with serious potential would surely hook the interest at the very least of some of the more casual viewers.

Why not endorse Roode though? Make it look as though people might miss the creation of a new star if they don't see this match on PPV? Hogan's doing a great job of promoting the PPV, but I think it's a little odd he's not talked up the title match a bit more, he could endorse both men, making it look as though this is a huge star versus a up and comer with serious potential would surely hook the interest at the very least of some of the more casual viewers.

Yeah, I agree.

It's not like he's just heeling on the faces, because he was putting Jeff Hardy over and pretty much said that Storm was a better choice than Roode for a top push.

He should either be completely working it and telling people Roode is a jumped up youngster who's gonna get schooled by Angle, or just playing everything straight and explain that Angle is the very best and Roode is the next generation of Champion, coming to prove his worth.

Why muddle things by half putting him over but saying he's not as good a Storm or the "next big Superstar", insisting that could/should be Jeff Hardy (who in storyline Hogan should dislike).

Maybe if Roode wins the title, he can confront Hulk Hogan on the 1st Impact afterwards. Standing up to Hogan and telling him he was wrong would keep the elevation going.

I'm still thinking James Storm will turn on Roode and cost him the belt. Angle cost him his match against Roode and we can see that TNA were happy to finish BFG on a screwy finish last year.

If the Title Match ends with either...

A) Storm turning on Roode and Angle keeping the belt

or

B) Roode joining Immortal somehow

I will be pissed off. For once, this really needs a clean finish and a clear winner (and I think we all know who should be the winner).

Just finished watching the last Impact and I have got my fucking nob out for this PPV, big time. Superb go-home show, haven't seen Hogan move like that in forever, Roode is rightthere, and it's dead bloody exciting. TNA have had me bent over for some of their pushes before though, so I won't believe it until he's got the belt in his hands.

Going to try and avoid the spoilers and watch when it's on Challenge, can't remember the last time I watched anything of theirs unspoiled. 2011 is currently 1-1 in terms of quality actually matching the superlative build (Wrestlemania not so great, MITB fucking sensational), and would love this show to swing it the right way.

AJ Styles responded to Hulk Hogan's statements about Styles, Bobby Roode and other talents during an appearance on Sirius Radio's "Busted Open" via his Twitter account, writing:

"Frustration setting in when your own guys bury the company that u have worked so hard for........ Brother!"

• Paid Members

Again, Dixie Carter announces earlier in the week she's at Bound For Glory to see Hogan removed, Hogan says Dixie Carter thinks Roode is ready but he isn't, Hogan says James Storm is a future player (the same man Immortal is trying to get into the head of), and now AJ Styles has broke the habit of a lifetime by saying something interesting on the weekend Hogan's going to lose the company. Sounds like typical TNA "working the marks" to me. Remember when everyone got in a twist about Samoa Joe and Nash having a pull apart and it turned out to be bollocks. This is what TNA does. Its what WWE does as well, as of June. Twitter is the 2011 version of the "shooting in the prodigy chat". Its got Bischoff and Russo's finger prints all over it.

• Paid Members
Again, Dixie Carter announces earlier in the week she's at Bound For Glory to see Hogan removed, Hogan says Dixie Carter thinks Roode is ready but he isn't, Hogan says James Storm is a future player (the same man Immortal is trying to get into the head of), and now AJ Styles has broke the habit of a lifetime by saying something interesting on the weekend Hogan's going to lose the company. Sounds like typical TNA "working the marks" to me. Remember when everyone got in a twist about Samoa Joe and Nash having a pull apart and it turned out to be bollocks. This is what TNA does. Its what WWE does as well, as of June. Twitter is the 2011 version of the "shooting in the prodigy chat". Its got Bischoff and Russo's finger prints all over it.

Whether it is or isn't is irrelevant to me, promoting the biggest PPV of the year by talking down the ability of one of the main event participants seems arse-backwards to me. Presumably the idea of his promotion efforts is to hook 'on the fence' buyers or casual/curious buyers. Shoot or work, that kinda comment ain't gonna do that.

• Paid Members
Whether it is or isn't is irrelevant to me, promoting the biggest PPV of the year by talking down the ability of one of the main event participants seems arse-backwards to me. Presumably the idea of his promotion efforts is to hook 'on the fence' buyers or casual/curious buyers. Shoot or work, that kinda comment ain't gonna do that.

Take Hogan away from the media interviews then, and see what the buyrate is, then. He's Hulk Hogan, nobody knows who Bobby Roode. Is if Roode is as good as people think he is, when people buy the PPV for Sting vs Hogan they'll see how good he is. He put over Kurt Angle (his stablemate). If Roode beats him, doesnt that make him better than Angle no matter what anyone says? Perception is reality, not what someone tells you. Wrestling isn't real after all. The thought that someone from Bumblefuck, Connecticut is listening thinking "well, he's put me off there". He uses the term "betting the farm on Angle". Whats he betting on? A predetermined result? Only people who nitpick about things that dont really matter would actually take any notice of this.

• Paid Members

Take Hogan away from the media interviews then, and see what the buyrate is, then. He's Hulk Hogan, nobody knows who Bobby Roode. Is if Roode is as good as people think he is, when people buy the PPV for Sting vs Hogan they'll see how good he is. He put over Kurt Angle (his stablemate). If Roode beats him, doesnt that make him better than Angle no matter what anyone says? Perception is reality, not what someone tells you. Wrestling isn't real after all. The thought that someone from Bumblefuck, Connecticut is listening thinking "well, he's put me off there". He uses the term "betting the farm on Angle". Whats he betting on? A predetermined result? Only people who nitpick about things that dont really matter would actually take any notice of this.

You're right, no one knows who Roode is - which is exactly why Hogan should have built him up. Again, you're spot on with Hogan's value to the promotion of the PPV. And that's exactly why he needed to build up Roode. Hogan's endorsement means a lot to the casual fan. If you're trying to sell a PPV you wanna make every match look 'can't miss' even if it isn't. He could quite easily have put over the message that he thought Angle would win while making Roode sound like the hottest rising star in wrestling. Try and create a bit of a buzz around the title match. If a megastar like Hogan talks up your match as a huge deal people may very well listen.

• Paid Members

He did but Roode over. He "Bobby Roode stepped up, and he’s definitely become a presence. I’m betting the farm on Kurt Angle". Which is exactly what anyone at the moment should be thinking, because Roode hasn't beaten Angle yet. Angle is Hogan's man in the storyline. Onscreen enforcements are a million times more important than a passing mention in a radio interview. People seem to be forgetting that he put over James Storm huge in the same interview. And Storm is their next heel, and really the person who will need credibility going into his first ever main event level feud. Maybe Hogan feels Roode doesn't need the enforcement. Maybe he feels Angle is doing a better job on his own.

Either way, its petty nitpicking. It makes no difference. Nobody wants to hear Hogan bang on about Bobby Roode's workrate. They want to hear about his divorce, his reality shows and his daughter. People should go an listen to the other interviews he's done for far bigger media outlets than the "BUSTED WIDE OPEN!!~" podcast and be a judge of the subject, instead of burying a soundbite transcribed by a wrestling website with "naked Layla pictures *CLICK HERE*" in the sidebar. Take Hogan out of Bound For Glory, and it wouldn't do half of what it will do. He's sold this PPV better than anyone in that company would. At least he never said Roode looks like he works at a Waffle House or that a broom could outwork him.

Archived