The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I don't think he 'buried' Roode, don't get me wrong, I just think he missed a trick by not using his star-power to make the title match look like a massive deal. You wanna make BFG look like more than a one match show, you know?

Perhaps it is nitpicking, but I think there's always value in a Hogan endorsement.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Perhaps it is nitpicking, but I think there's always value in a Hogan endorsement.

There is, but its a case of Hogan talking them to the PPV and you judging for yourself. Nobody was telling people how great Steamboat or Savage was when they were promoting WrestleMania III for example. They showed you how great they were. Roode's in the main event and has looked awesome on TV. Storm's the one needed the kick at the minute. He is spot on about Storm though. If done right, Roode and Storm could take up the next six months of TV, if they are committed to them feuding. It could be a Hogan/Savage type thing.

• Paid Members

There is, but its a case of Hogan talking them to the PPV and you judging for yourself. Nobody was telling people how great Steamboat or Savage was when they were promoting WrestleMania III for example. They showed you how great they were. Roode's in the main event and has looked awesome on TV. Storm's the one needed the kick at the minute. He is spot on about Storm though. If done right, Roode and Storm could take up the next six months of TV, if they are committed to them feuding. It could be a Hogan/Savage type thing.

But if you've never seen Roode on TV you're not getting any reason to want to see him. A true story - the first time I ever watched a wrestling show was Summerslam 2002 and I did it to see Brock Lesnar face The Rock (alongside HBK/HHH). I happened to catch (quite by chance) a HHH/HBK hype package and I was intrigued. But that alone wasn't enough to hook me, but I heard an interview with Triple H endorsing Lesnar and really hyping him up and I felt like I wanted to see this hot young star take on a massive name that I knew in The Rock. I gave the show a chance and ended up loving Mysterio/Angle, Test/Undertaker and pretty much the entire show. And I've watched WWE ever since then. But it was a promo interview that sold the show to me. A good hard sell of a show can work, if you hook a few new fans for this big PPV and they keep watching then job done.

• Paid Members
But if you've never seen Roode on TV you're not getting any reason to want to see him.

Wrestling is an episodic drama. You have to grow to love the Bobby Roode character. A significant number of people aren't going to hop on board the TNA train just because Hogan is marking out for him. They tried that with Abyss, and it never worked. People are only going to care if they are following him. He's in the main event of this PPV against Kurt Angle for the belt. That should be enough perception that he's already a star. If TNA thought that was all it took to make people stand up and listen, they'd be having him put over everyone from Christopher Daniels to Eric Young. Kurt Angle is out there putting the word around about Bobby Roode. And again, Hogan has put Roode in interviews this week as well. And on far bigger news outlets than a podcast with a name as terrible as "Busted Wide Open". Only Hogan putting over Roode and Angle on ESPN's TV shows wont get you hits on websites. Wrestling newz sitez aim at the miserable bastard among us.

We've been talking about Powerslam's bizarre anti-Cena rhetoric, but I think it pales into insignificance compared to PWTorch's unbridled hatred of TNA.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/

Headline right now "TNA lacks Momentum leading to BFG PPV". Fucking hell. Did TNA fuck their mother up the arse or something?

We've been talking about Powerslam's bizarre anti-Cena rhetoric, but I think it pales into insignificance compared to PWTorch's unbridled hatred of TNA.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/

Headline right now "TNA lacks Momentum leading to BFG PPV". Fucking hell. Did TNA fuck their mother up the arse or something?

They need to fuck off really. Meltzer and Alcatrez are loving it. That makes me look at the PPV in a different way too

Can't wait to watch this tomorrow actually. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to a TNA PPV this much. Destination X had me thinking we were going to see something good, but I was still cautious. This time I'm just like "fuck it, this is gonna be great!". I just hope that they meet my expectations. I might well find myself becoming a regular watcher of TNA again if it is.

Archived