The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

Great idea for a thread, Ian, wonder where you copied it from ;)

Anyway, as I've said before I'm looking forward to this as much as anything wrestling-related in years. It's really hugely important - it's the biggest PPV TNA have ever presented, the build-up to it has been practically flawless, it's in a decent arena in front of one of the best wrestling crowds in the world, and they are promoting the shit out of it. If TNA are ever going to have a breakthrough PPV, this is it.

This should be their best PPV number ever; it deserves to be I think.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord, that's one of the best go home shows Ive ever watched, you would seriously have to nitpick to find something wrong with it.

I was already watching BFG, but that show really hit home that this is event wrestling fans should be watching, it might well be a massive turning point for TNA, on where the company is heading for the next few years, kind of like WM14.

Ideally after a hell of match and everyone celebrating in the ring with Roode, Hogans music hits and he comes out dressed in the good old red and yellow, and raises Roodes hand and fully endorses him, probably asking for too much, but I know what Hogans ego is like, I'm sure he would love to be in the ring at that moment.

The card has something for everyone, which is what a PPV should be really, it makes it an all round interesting show.

I have to say this is the most excited Ive been for a PPV in-awhile, why wrestling cant always be like this anymore, I don't know.

Ideally after a hell of match and everyone celebrating in the ring with Roode, Hogans music hits and he comes out dressed in the good old red and yellow, and raises Roodes hand and fully endorses him, probably asking for too much, but I know what Hogans ego is like, I'm sure he would love to be in the ring at that moment.

I think that's an awful idea. Roode needs to be standing in that ring alone or with friends, not with a bigger star. If you put Hogan in that ring with Roode as he's celebrating it'll take away the attention from Roode. It's not the time for him to share the spotlight with a big name, it's a time for him to be the big name.

• Paid Members
Mr Anderson apart that sounds like a good show, think i'll download it on monday.

How did they get round Hogan refusing to wrestle?

He pretended to retire, the crowd were going mental for him, they were hanging on his words and then Sting came out and showed a video of Hogan and Bischoff taking the piss out of the crowd. Bischoff even said "go on holiday and come back when this is all forgotten". Hogan went nuts and said he'd had it with Sting and said he'd fight him at Bound For Glory. It was really good actually. Sting has got the "old Hulkster back" and thus dropped his goofy Joker gimmick. The contract signing was far better though. Hogan and Sting was far more intense than I expected it to be.

Their utter shitfest last time out though is keeping my optimisim low.

Was last time when they main evented the X Division PPV a couple of months ago or have they met again since then?

I don't really watch the Impacts. I should have said their last PPV match. My mistake.

I think the feud's been spot-on. I love the fact it's all based around Daniel's being a prick around one flukey win over his friend, I don't think I remember seeing a feud based on that before. Plus he's not playing one of his inexplicable former gimmicks, he's just acting like a normal person.

Aye, I like the dynamics behind it. I've not actually seen the fued, but if Daniels can keep himself from going into full exhibition mode, we could see a belting brawl between these guys.

Mr Anderson apart that sounds like a good show, think i'll download it on monday.

How did they get round Hogan refusing to wrestle?

He pretended to retire, the crowd were going mental for him, they were hanging on his words and then Sting came out and showed a video of Hogan and Bischoff taking the piss out of the crowd. Bischoff even said "go on holiday and come back when this is all forgotten". Hogan went nuts and said he'd had it with Sting and said he'd fight him at Bound For Glory. It was really good actually. Sting has got the "old Hulkster back" and thus dropped his goofy Joker gimmick. The contract signing was far better though. Hogan and Sting was far more intense than I expected it to be.

Cheers Ian.

I have a morbid curiosity to see this match. I know it will more than likely be awful being that Hogan can't move but i can't help but want to see it.

I think that's an awful idea. Roode needs to be standing in that ring alone or with friends, not with a bigger star. If you put Hogan in that ring with Roode as he's celebrating it'll take away the attention from Roode. It's not the time for him to share the spotlight with a big name, it's a time for him to be the big name.

Well I thought about that, and what you say is true, however putting Tyson in the ring with Stone Cold might not have been such a great idea but it was and caught peoples (non wrestling fans) eye, I know Tyson is not a wrestler like Hogan, but Hogan is a bigger star outside of wrestling as well, if Hogan fans see him endorsing Roode(who to a casual fan and non fans will be just "some guy") they might think hang on who is this bloke? He must be the shit if Hogan is raising his hand, they might tune in to find out more.

Roode wining the title is great(if it happens ha), but imo if its just people like us wanking over it on the internet, then it wont do much good in the long run, Roode like Stone Cold has the appeal of the working class man, I think it could work, but I cant disagree with what you're saying either.

I like it.

Here's how I see it could work - do the WM18 turn. Hogan and Sting have a war, Hogan is bleeding, Bischoff and Jarrett come down to interfere but Hogan waves them away "no, brother" and he shows FIGHTING-ah SPIRIT-oh and gets the crowd on his side. Finally the match ends (Sting win) and Hogan sits despondent in a pool of blood, but Sting lifts him up and tried to shake his hand and Hogan's not sure and backs off up the ramp.

Later on, Roode beats Angle clean and is joined in the ring by all the faces, including Sting. Then Hogan comes out, minus music, covered in bandages and limping, on his own. He comes down to the ring, everyone stares off with him, then he raises Roode's hand.

You then have Hogan as the young blood's representative versus Bischoff as the old guard for 6 months, during which time Roode beats Jarrett, Steiner, Joe, Sting even.

• Paid Members
I like it.

Here's how I see it could work - do the WM18 turn. Hogan and Sting have a war, Hogan is bleeding, Bischoff and Jarrett come down to interfere but Hogan waves them away "no, brother" and he shows FIGHTING-ah SPIRIT-oh and gets the crowd on his side. Finally the match ends (Sting win) and Hogan sits despondent in a pool of blood, but Sting lifts him up and tried to shake his hand and Hogan's not sure and backs off up the ramp.

Later on, Roode beats Angle clean and is joined in the ring by all the faces, including Sting. Then Hogan comes out, minus music, covered in bandages and limping, on his own. He comes down to the ring, everyone stares off with him, then he raises Roode's hand.

You then have Hogan as the young blood's representative versus Bischoff as the old guard for 6 months, during which time Roode beats Jarrett, Steiner, Joe, Sting even.

Superb booking.

I like it.

2vvkrwy.gif

nodq.com

Credit: PWInsider.com

Hulk Hogan taped an appearance with The Busted Open show yesterday that will air today at 3pm on Sirius Radio and here is a highlight from that interview regarding Robert Roode being a main eventer...

Robert Roode:

Archived