The TNA Bound For Glory masturbation thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my thoughts for what it's worth:

TNA World Title: Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle:

Should be a good match, Roode has been superb in the run up to BFG. His matches have been proper quality, his interviews have been constantly passionate and captivating and the video packages are some of the best things TNA has ever done. I think they should've given Angle similar treatment (not the same amount of time, but some training videos) but Angle is already established so it's neither here nor there. I do think it's Bobby's time, Let's hope his reign is better than Joe's.

For Control of the Company: Hulk Hogan vs. Sting:

I loved the build to this. Both Hogan and Sting have put in brilliant performances, and Hogan blurting out the stipulation was absolutely tremendous. The match I'm guessing will be run in filled and full of short cuts. Who knows, it might surprise us, I'm gonna say Bischoff appoints himself special referee. That's my prediction. Still a Sting win, but Bischoff gets bumped by Hogan, Sting then wins and Bischoff shouts at Hogan for costing them everything, gets right in Hogan's face, only to be sent flying by a Hogan right hand.

Full Metal Mayhem: RVD vs. Jerry Lynn:

There was no real build for this. Lynn acting kinda heelish and them trying to reference ECW isn't much to build a TLC match (that's what it is), But again, good hands who have always gelled well together. Should be fun either way. Just doesn't seem like anything more than gimmick match filler.

I Quit Match: AJ Styles vs. Daniels:

Loved the way this came about. Daniels for years has tried being dark and mysterious heel when he should've just been a self important dick from the start. These two usually have good matches and I love AJ. I expect these two to have a real quality match with lots of cool stuff.

Falls Count Anywhere: Mr. Anderson vs. Bully Ray:

Good in principal, Bully Ray has great wild brawls and Anderson usually does well in these type of matches. Bully Ray is gonna get a heroes welcome no doubt, but if anyone right now has the skills to turn that reaction around it's Bully Ray. Actually expect this match to be pretty damn good. Ray has been in such great form recently, it's hard to picture this being real shite.

X Division Title: Brian Kendrick vs. Austin Aries:

Love Aries. He has been a real breathe of fresh air after months of blase matches and build ups, I'd would go as far as to say Aries has single handedly resurrected the group. Kendrick might not be everyones cup of tea but I do think he is a good wrestler and fun to watch. His gimmick is quite crap though. But these two had a great match last month and it should be another cracker.

Triple Threat Match: Samoa Joe vs. Crimson vs. Matt Morgan:

I still like Joe, but this match is a waste of PPV time. Morgan has flashes of brilliance but Crimson I still find bland and crap. These three haven't gelled in single matches why put them in all together? I hope they prove me wrong but everyone knows the outcome. Crimson wins and is still shit, Joe is buried more and Morgan will just be there.

Knockout Titles: Mickie James vs. Winter vs. Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne:

Like Mickie and Velvet and Madison. Use to love Winter but her matches have been so awful this past year its hard to accept her. I can't see this being a classic but I doubt it will completely stink out the show. If Gail Kim comes back I will be overjoyed and hope this means Kim vs. Jacqueline again cause those two were amazing together.

Tag Team Titles: Mexican America vs. Ink Inc:

I thought the run up was fun with the attack in the tattoo parlour. Ink Inc I oddly enjoy and wish they had been on TV more. Mexican America have really grown on me. At the very least, it should be a match with a few moments. I too would've kept this in the PPV as it seems like an ideal opener with some good hands imo.

• Paid Members

Must be a slow news day over at PWMalware. Hogan's losing the company on Sunday, so he's getting at Dixie Carter with that "she thinks he is" line. Kurt Angle is in a stable with him, so obviously he's going to be pulling for him. Jeff Hardy has been told to "stay away from Sunday and do the right thing" by one of Hogan's Immortal stable mates. Hogan is promoting a PPV. Did Kurt Angle bury Roode the other day when he said "if he wrestles me 10 times, he might beat me once?" Since when was working your gimmick burying someone?

The rest of that Hogan interview:

On James Storm: "I'd go with James Storm all day long. Mainstream brotha'! Cowboy hat, beer drinking, middle America, Nascar, Walmart, Country Western. I mean all day long, it's a no brainer. That's me. That's my opinion. So, I mean, Bobby Roode's a tremendous athlete. I would change. I'd build him from Venice Beach, California or Omaha, Nebraska instead of, I dunno, Canada, eh'? I love him to death. He's a great kid. When he looked down at me from the ring, and we had an argument one day, and he goes, "What the hell have you ever done?" I said man, this guy'd be a great heel, but yeah he has a lot of potential there for him to, but if you ask me to choose who to run with', and you gave me those two choices? That's my opinion."

On Jeff Hardy: "If I had to bet money on anybody, and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I'd say Jeff Hardy's the next guy if he keeps his act together. Well, I think he's got a lot of shine to him, I mean he just doesn't have 5-star matches. He shines outside the ring. He walks through the mall, and people know who he is. He's got a look, he's got an air about him. He's got the "IT" factor. That's what you gotta' have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler. This is crossing barriers, medias,, media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. And I think the kid, Jeff Hardy has the potential to really be the guy."

On Bound For Glory: "The main event is Kurt Angle, thank god! And uh, Bobby Roode stepped up, and he's definitely become a presence, so I'm betting the farm on Kurt Angle, and uh, I guess I'm kind of like the icing on the cake, Sting and I have a crazy track record with Pay-Per-View buy numbers, and it just made sense to give everybody a little extra, and let everybody know, and, that it's not a performance orientated match. Of course none of em' were for me, anyway. But it's a situation where I think there's gonna' be some interest to see what happens out there with Sting and I, and if I can roll my walker down the ramp, I'll be good to go. I don't even want to think about it. It's just going to happen like everything else. I'm not into talking about diving off something or falling off something. I never have really talked about a match. There's really nothing to talk about. You gotta' go out there and listen to what the people want. They want a car crash, they'll get one. I'm not looking for back surgery #9 or anything like that. I mean I'm not out of my mind, and crazy. I don't think Sting's ever really had anything broken on his face. My nose and teeth are, have been so beat up, it doesn't matter, but Sting? I don't know if he can take one straight in. Even as of last week, it was there. I just stood in the ring with him, and it's electric. I mean it's there. You just follow that energy man, and we could end up in the middle of the ring, we could end up at the top of the building, I mean you just don't know. It could go 5 seconds, it could go 50 minutes, I don't know. I mean, if it's there, it's there, and right now, standing in the ring with him, it's there. I've stood in the ring with a lot of people that it hasn't been there. But I'm not worried about this one because it's there. The feeling and the energy's there from the people. They want to see something crazy happen. Well, I had my last match a long time ago, so we definitely didn't attempt to build this as a match. It's kind of like, almost a grey area again. The crazier Sting gets, the more over his character gets, but then the down side should have been me getting booed more, but it's kind of like the N.W.O. feel all of a sudden. The more aggressive I get, the more people cheer me out of loyalty, out of love, out of compassion, whatever it is. I think the people might've farted at me turning good guy, shaking hands, and going you know what? One last fight, and I'm gonna' fade off into the sunset. I don't think they would've bought that. The timing doesn't feel right for that."

It's really hard to take any of what he says into any sort of context. It occasionally seems like he's just playing up his character, but then he talks about buyrates and heels and other such similar things and it's hard to tell. Ironically, Hogan is doing a lot of the stuff that people are criticising CM Punk for doing - the old 'everything else is fake and THIS is real' schtick.

• Paid Members
Ironically, Hogan is doing a lot of the stuff that people are criticising CM Punk for doing - the old 'everything else is fake and THIS is real' schtick.

I don't think anyone is criticising CM Punk for that. CM Punk never did this this is real and anything is fake thing. People are criticising CM Punk for his performances in segments and his obsession with dropping insider references into promos that fly over peoples heads and people can't relate to his unlikable babyface persona. Hogan isn't doing that at all. Hogan's doing what every wrestler does in press interviews. Admitting its fake, but trying to bring some credibility by getting serious about some of the things he's trying to make you believe. Its what wrestling has always done. You highlight the parts you want people to take seriously. Everyone knows its not real, but you still have to push certain things to make it appealing.

Ironically, Hogan is doing a lot of the stuff that people are criticising CM Punk for doing - the old 'everything else is fake and THIS is real' schtick.

I don't think anyone is criticising CM Punk for that. CM Punk never did this this is real and anything is fake thing. People are criticising CM Punk for his performances in segments and his obsession with dropping insider references into promos that fly over peoples heads and people can't relate to his unlikable babyface persona. Hogan isn't doing that at all. Hogan's doing what every wrestler does in press interviews. Admitting its fake, but trying to bring some credibility by getting serious about some of the things he's trying to make you believe. Its what wrestling has always done. You highlight the parts you want people to take seriously. Everyone knows its not real, but you still have to push certain things to make it appealing.

Except it doesn't come across like that at all; it comes across like someone who is neither here nor there about it. Like the worst kind of Vince Russo writing.

• Paid Members
Except it doesn't come across like that at all; it comes across like someone who is neither here nor there about it. Like the worst kind of Vince Russo writing.

Its an interview, done within the context of a long conversation to plug a PPV. Its not a Q&A where your being badgered with a stream of answers. It isn't meant to make sense like that. Its meant to bullet point certain things in between a million sound bites. What has Russo's writing got to do with anything? People listen to 30% of the content of his words and 70% of how he's projecting it. His presence and delivery and magnetism is what matters when being interviewed. Not what he's saying. Hence the reason he's so good at stuff like this. Only in a terribly written transcript read by a bunch of people who like to pick things apart will those quotes hold any meaning what so ever. Its what separates a Hulk Hogan from a CM Punk. Nobody has ever said "he's their world champion lol" when Hogan's show at a baseball game.

• Paid Members
- TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle appeared on the local NBC Philadelphia affiliate yesterday to promote TNA's Bound For Glory pay-per-view this Sunday.

Angle, who limped on stage, talked about dealing with a hamstring injury going into the pay-per-view and says Bound For Glory will be the last time we see Hulk Hogan work a match.

Even if he's really injured, could he not have just kept shut up about it for a few more days?. It's 3 days before the PPV and he's claiming he's injured. Now Bobby Roode is fighting an injured Kurt Angle.

Kind of takes the shine off a win for RR?

I have never watched a TNA PPV ever. But I want to watch this. I want to watch Hogan, the silly old bastard. I want to watch Sting too, I missed Starrcade 1997 (wasn't really into wrestling then). I also like the sound of Roode/Angle too. I class myself as a casual(ish) fan these days, and if in the states I would order this PPV. If this is how a lot of the casual viewership feels, it must be good for TNA.

Its an interview, done within the context of a long conversation to plug a PPV. Its not a Q&A where your being badgered with a stream of answers. It isn't meant to make sense like that. Its meant to bullet point certain things in between a million sound bites. What has Russo's writing got to do with anything? People listen to 30% of the content of his words and 70% of how he's projecting it. His presence and delivery and magnetism is what matters when being interviewed. Not what he's saying. Hence the reason he's so good at stuff like this. Only in a terribly written transcript read by a bunch of people who like to pick things apart will those quotes hold any meaning what so ever. Its what separates a Hulk Hogan from a CM Punk. Nobody has ever said "he's their world champion lol" when Hogan's show at a baseball game.

Bullshit. You are not telling me that Hogan's doing a great job of selling the PPV just by being Hulk Hogan, and you're certainly not going to convince me that it doesn't matter what he says to people. In a promo maybe, but not in a media interview. If he'd buried the company, people would listen to that.

That said...

Even if he's really injured, could he not have just kept shut up about it for a few more days?. It's 3 days before the PPV and he's claiming he's injured. Now Bobby Roode is fighting an injured Kurt Angle.

Kind of takes the shine off a win for RR?

...this is worse.

• Paid Members
Bullshit. You are not telling me that Hogan's doing a great job of selling the PPV just by being Hulk Hogan, and you're certainly not going to convince me that it doesn't matter what he says to people. In a promo maybe, but not in a media interview. If he'd buried the company, people would listen to that.

Do you think anyone really gives a shit either way? And he isn't burying the company. Maybe if you checked all his media interviews out this week, you'll see what a good job he's doing. Even Meltzer and Alvarez have spoken about what a top job he's done with how he's handled the media this week. I think your making far big a deal out of it.

EDIT: Just watched that Kurt Angle interview. He walked on stage, the interviewer said "you look to be limping there Kurt" and Kurt replied "yeah, a little hamstring injury but I'm fine" and then he moves onto plugging the arena, time and talks about how good Roode is. The way they make it out, it sounded like he's shouting from the rooftops. Some NEWZSITZ~ just fish for hits though, whether its true or not.

Do you think anyone really gives a shit either way? And he isn't burying the company. Maybe if you checked all his media interviews out this week, you'll see what a good job he's doing. Even Meltzer and Alvarez have spoken about what a top job he's done with how he's handled the media this week. I think your making far big a deal out of it.

If he'd buried the company. Read what I put.

Archived