The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Not looking for a a reaction - seriously. Just baffled as to how he slipped through the net.

Anyway - moving on... Glad you all had a good night.

Edited by herbie747

I have to agree with herbie to a degree. There are a couple of his songs I like, but they tend to be the slower tracks that seem to suit his voice more (notably Philadelphia and Secret Garden) but the out of tune rock tracks just grate on me. I'm not saying he can't sing, but I think it comes across as out of tune as some sort of gimmick to set him aside from the generics. Which has obviously worked.

I went to see Bruce the last time he was on at the Etihad with my mum, as she's a massive fan and had no one to go with.

I'd heard a few tracks here and there, but now I've basically got every song he's ever done; he's that good of a performer.

Funnily enough it was also pissing it down then.  Good old Manchester.

• Paid Members

It's really infuriating when someone looks down on another person because they like different music. Just because one person might think it's shite, there's going to be another person who think it's great. It's usually them Hipster lot.

• Paid Members

I don't listen to Springsteen albums at home or anything as it's not my cup of tea but I've seen him twice at festivals and he's a fucking amazing live performer. This cannot be denied by anyone.

• Paid Members

It's really infuriating when someone looks down on another person because they like different music.

I didn't look down on anyone BTW - I looked down on Bruce. I just said I was baffled that people liked him & explained why. 

• Paid Members

People voted for the Nazis Jeremy.

Anyway yeah, Springsteen is fantastic, not too keen on his 90's period, but from his early works up until his mega 80's boom he's amazing. The 2000's were good to him as well. As a live show he just gives you tune after tune, as opposed to a U2 gig with a song followed by a soliloquy by a tax dodging tinker.

Herbie, what's your pick of the music? Who you into out of curiosity.

• Paid Members

Aye Quavers, don't you regret putting that pic up! It's a lovely pic and the three of you look fucking beautiful!

Here’s a pic that I got tagged in on Facebook last night. In the Temple Theatre in Dublin (old rave club), holding my mate up, who was absolutely rinsed, and still managing to be the worst kind of posing, pouting 21 year old poxbottle in a shiny shirt you could imagine.

I miss being young though, lads and I wonder...when you go, do you get to relive it all again?

2i0fd5k.jpg

Edited by Scott Malbranque