What Is The Biggest Lie You've Ever Been Told

KingOfMetal

When I was at secondry school, think it will have been around 2000/2001 time, someone I knew at school once claimed he'd won a competition in Metal Hammer to go and be an MC at the Ozzfest in America. Basically he said it was a competition he won where they flew him to one of the American dates of the Ozzfest and he would introduce the bands to the stage. In addition to this, he got to meet everyone playing (which surely if you were essesitally working for the day, you would anyway), and he claimed he struck up a conversation with Rob Zombie (never went into what the conversation was actually about) who asked this person if he wanted to "go out on tour with them", not doing anything, just "hanging out" with them.

Naturally, we all called bullshit on this kid, but he was adament that it was true.

So over to you, what is the biggest, most blatant lie you'v ever been told or have heard through over people

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a kid I was addicted to sucking my thumb, and nothing anyone said would convince me to stop.

Then I saw the film "Batteries Not Included" which I utterley loved. The film (in case you've not seen this awesome film) involves little living space ships coming to earth and making baby version of themselves.

My older cousin PROMISED me that if I stopped sucking my thumb for one year, she would buy me one. And you know what? I did. In my paranoid little mind I thought my cousin was watching me ALL the time and would KNOW is I sucked my thumb.

Sadly Xmas rolled around and I got a keyboard instead. :(

One of the guys on my course regularly comes out with some of the biggest shit I've ever heard, and what's more ridiculous is that quite a few people believe him! A few of these include having sex with over 1000 women (at age 21), passing his driving test when he was 11, recently doing a film with Christian Bale and just silly stuff like he can't pronounce the letter V and proving it by repeating the word "wegetable".

• Paid Members

When i was a young lad, (around 5-ish), my dad told me "If you unscrew you belly-button, your bum will fall off".

I was shocked to say the least, and even today, (18 years later), i still randomly think this might be true, and also hate the notion of anybody messing with my belly button.

cheers dad!

I spent days trying to unlock the Hell In The Cell match on WWF No Mercy on the N64, after a friend said you could do it. There were various theories how, such as playing as HHH against The Rock, giving him three pedigrees during your special bar, and then whipping him backstage. Needless to say it never worked, and I wasted many hours on that particular lie.

Other more humorous ones included a friend, who thought he was a stud, coming back from holiday saying he had fucked 'seven girls and had a threesome'. When I questioned his fellow holiday-makers they were able to assure me he hadn't fucked anyone, only had a blowy he paid for off a stripper, and his attempt to save face had resulted in him losing face forever.

• Paid Members

Some guy in my sixth form, he was this big muscley macho black lad, said he was shagging this hottie and showed everyone a picture of her on his phone and claimed it was his girlfriend Tanya. Only to everyone else's hilarity when they saw the picture he claimed was his lover and discovered it was a photo of popstar Jamelia.

He also claimed that he was once shot through the hip when he was caught in a gunfight coming out of a Brixton nightclub but would refuse to show anyone the scar. And that if every single person in the whole school attacked him at once he would still come out victorious.

Two years after I left college he was spotted on a night out walking hand in hand with a man through Soho revealing he was actually a homo all along. I can't say I was suprised.

One of the guys on my course regularly comes out with some of the biggest shit I've ever heard, and what's more ridiculous is that quite a few people believe him! A few of these include having sex with over 1000 women (at age 21), passing his driving test when he was 11, recently doing a film with Christian Bale and just silly stuff like he can't pronounce the letter V and proving it by repeating the word "wegetable".

inbetweeners_jay2.jpg

The V one is actually pretty funny though.

A compulsive liar I used to work with came out with some whoppers. One in particular was that during her Honeymoon in Thailand, a film crew were filming the helicpoter scene from Apocolypse Now. When I asked how old she was (current age), I then asked why she was getting married at 12 years old. She then backtracked and said she must have confused it with another holiday.

She also claimed to know Jenson Button and his entire F1 team. She promised to get us some really good F1 umbrellas. They were good too. I got one, but not many other people did. It then came out that to save face she actually had to buy them, but couldn't afford to buy anymore.

One that always sticks in my head is that a guy who was the year above me at Primary School had practically every WWF Hasbro figure when we were kids and I used to go round there every now and then and watch the wrestling with him on Sky as we didn't have it at home. Anyway one time I was round and in total awe of the brand new figures he had of Adam Bomb, Ludvig Borga and 1-2-3 Kid then he started telling me how his auntie in Canada sent them over to him and that she had bought him the ''brand new series'' which contained Mr. Fuji, Damien Demento, Men On A Mission and The Beverley Brothers and was sending them over to him. I believed him and back then I fucking LOVED Men On A Mission so begged him every week at school to bring them when they came so I could see them.

• Paid Members

Years ago I was reading this Cosmo sex quiz thing to my missus. The question was "How many times a week do you like to have sex?" with multiple choice answers.

My missus answered "Five or more".

It's either a lie or some bloke out there is getting an awful lot of daytime fun.

Archived