What Is The Biggest Lie You've Ever Been Told

KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

Another wrestling related whopper;

When I was younger I was ridiculously excited about the new Smackdown 3 PS2 game coming out, and always checked the internet daily for updates. One day my brother took a screenshot of the menu screen that lists all the match types and actually photoshopped 'Inferno' and 'Barbed Wire Rope' matches at the bottom of the picture. Suffice to say I fell for it hook line and sinker and was outraged when neither were actually in the game. Bastard :angry:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One that has always stuck with me, i distinctly remember a friend of mine back when i was about 11 years old telling me that his older brother had a pirate VHS of "Total Recall 2".

He also claimed that said older brother had snuck him into an "adult film" at the local cinema that was a certificate "25".

One that has always stuck with me, i distinctly remember a friend of mine back when i was about 11 years old telling me that his older brother had a pirate VHS of "Total Recall 2".

He also claimed that said older brother had snuck him into an "adult film" at the local cinema that was a certificate "25".

I had a similar one when I was 10, after seeing Short Circuit 2 in the cinema my friend told me he'd been in the states and saw Short Circuit 3 which was all about Johnny 5 on an island with all his friends and family. I can't remember if I believed it or not, but the kid was a compulsive liar all the same.

Ace. That must be super naughty to get that certificate.

We did successfully convince a girl from uni that Titanic 2 was coming out by pasting a joke trailer we found of it onto the front of a pirate movie we were watching.

It was this trailer btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK_Jv4RIzpU

The old one parents tell about swallowing chewing gum and it getting stuck inside you for years was taken to bullshit level by the compulsive liar at primary school who created a story where he ate loads of bubble gum and when he farted it created a bubble out of his arse which made him float into the air.

Same person was still up to his lying ways at secondary school where he was getting a Quad Bike for Christmas pretty much every year but never got one for various reasons such as it being delayed for the newest model. He also told us a picture he made in Art class was to be put in a famous gallery and that his aunty in America lived next door to Michael Jackson and Jacko sent him a card for his birthday because said aunty also worked for Jacko cleaning out his elephants.

His bullshitting was tolerated because he was one of the few wrestling fans at school and usually was the one who taped the shows to pass around everyone who didn't have sky.

Years ago I was reading this Cosmo sex quiz thing to my missus. The question was "How many times a week do you like to have sex?" with multiple choice answers.

My missus answered "Five or more".

It's either a lie or some bloke out there is getting an awful lot of daytime fun.

Hahaha, classic!! :laugh:

• Paid Members

Ace. That must be super naughty to get that certificate.

Absolutely, that was his rationale. Apparently you "saw everything" in that sort of non descript way which requires you to give no detail whatsoever as to what was actually visible, which of course, given that it was imaginary...would have been very little.

• Paid Members

Quite the opposite.

I was 7 and the year was 1991. A kid at school says he has a video of Robocop 3 the movie. Now there was a game released, but no movie so we all called him a liar but he insisted a cousin worked on the film and managed to bag a copy.

After weeks of asking to see the proof, I get a VHS with Robocop 3 written on it. I take it home, tell my mum and dad and we put the tape on together

its bloody Robocop 3. I was stunned. I couldn't understand how I was seeing this before it was in the cinema (Studio bankruptcy i later found out). Upon reading an issue of X-Men I saw an advert for it being released in US Cinemas in 1993/4 or there abouts.

Never did we doubt him again.

PS It was just as shit then as it is now

• Paid Members

Santa Claus

Why kids are still subjected to this horrific lie is beyond me. Many a year did I beg and plead with my parents not to "Phone santa" and cancel my presents because I punched my brother square in the face. And then only to find out it's a load of bollocks...soul destroying.

• Moderators

Someone I know pretends his dad lives in the new builds in Ruabon, although everyone knows his dad was stabbed and killed about 4 years ago and the man himself went to the bloody funeral.

He also claims:-

1. His mother and stepfather have a villa in France They don't. They do have a chalet in Cornwall though.
  2. He went out with a Polish girl from work called Marta I know Marta well, and she denies this with gusto.
  3. He has a

Archived