The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Season 3 of LU is knocking it out the park. The past three weeks in particular are just perfect episodes of wrestling. So much fun and crazy stuff going. Muertes and Puma killed eachother this week in a MOTYC. Next week us Aztec Warfare 3 as well...what a world!

Season 3 of LU is knocking it out the park. The past three weeks in particular are just perfect episodes of wrestling. So much fun and crazy stuff going. Muertes and Puma killed eachother this week in a MOTYC. Next week us Aztec Warfare 3 as well...what a world!

It's been brilliant, hasn't it?

Prince Puma vs Mil Muertes was fantastic, the added "I will not bring you back" from Catrina was great, and let to a very focused Mil.

Mascarada vs Famous B was good fun, if not a little silly. It definitely had it's place though.

One thing I'm hanging on is the Dario/Texano/Cage story. The chest and the monster demon etc. Can't wait to see how that goes.

In a time where I watch Raw and Smackdown highlights on Youtube instead of the full show, Lucha Underground still keeps my attention for the full hour each week, it's brilliant. I'm even enjoying Striker on commentary which is an achievement in itself. The little things like the commentators not referencing the stuff going on backstage, like saying it's rumoured Jeremiah is Ivellise's boyfriend despite us having seen backstage segements the last couple of weeks confirming this, just makes the product a bit more believable.

Loved the Mascarada/ Famous B match. This is why I miss the Hardcore Championship- fun matches that are easy to watch but still tell a good story. It was just the right side of silly for me.

Wasn't overly fussed by the 5 on 5 but had some good spots and I enjoyed the in-fighting between the teams, particularly Cage and Texano although it was always obvious whatshisface was going to turn on Killshot again. I also hope they do something with Marty the Moth letching over Melissa Santos.

Puma vs Muertes was awesome, Muertes is just a scary, scary dude. Like LaGoosh say, MOTY candidate for me aswell.

I really enjoy the way they are using Rey, lucha legend type of stuff, not killing him in his matches but letting him go out and tell a story and work smart, for me it's been a big hit of season 3, his match with Chavo was really good.

Mil Muertes is a bad motherfucker.

Apparently the stuff between killshot and AR Fox is brilliant once it gets going so I look forward to that.

I'm trying to remember how Drago got No.20 in Aztec Warfare?

I think he won a triple threat match where the losers would not be in Aztec Warfare? Think it was against Aerostar and the other lad he was tagging with in the trios.

Yeah. He beat Fenix and Aerostar in a match to get No.20, and both other guys, by losing, are out of Aztec Warfare. Was really hoping Aerostar won. He tends to pull out a big dive at those shows.

• Paid Members

I think we'll see a title change at Aztec Warfare 3. Rey Mysterio or Sexy Star will win it I reckon.

I think Pentagon will get the title at some point but I think he's more likely to win it in a singles match. One of the above two will win but via some kind of shenanigans.

Or Matanza will win and they'll debut a new babyface to take him on. Can't think who though.

• Paid Members

I think we'll see a title change at Aztec Warfare 3. Rey Mysterio or Sexy Star will win it I reckon.

I think Pentagon will get the title at some point but I think he's more likely to win it in a singles match. One of the above two will win but via some kind of shenanigans.

Or Matanza will win and they'll debut a new babyface to take him on. Can't think who though.

It's a shame Bram just signed a new contract with TNA

So Aztec Warfare was great! Starting with Mundo's documentary segment with Dario, and Dario tearing up the number, it showed a little more of Dario's negativity towards Mundo. I'm hoping we get more about that. When Mundo was eliminated, Dario just looked smug and elated. Side note, hearing Dario tell Melissa "I know Sexy Star is supposed to be number 2, but it's Johnny Mundo. Don't waste time. Announce it" was a nice touch. He knows who it's supposed to be because he gave Sexy Star the 12th spot. I liked that. 

Pentagon didn't have much of a showing, did he? Absolutely demolished that jobber fella though, and I feel like he was only really a filler in the match anyway. Could have used any number of other guys. Would have liked to Ivalesse in the match, if only to further her Catrina feud. Mysterio eliminating Matanza is massive, and I do hope that with Mundo and the GotG Title, and Matanza being pissed with Mysterio, that we'll see less of Cueto in the title scene. He's an amazing Champion for LU, and an absolute beast, but it's time to give others a bit of a push, innit?

Nice to see Angelico back. I love that dive. He was definitely a nice surprise. Joey Ryan using the old handcuff trick again could have been better, but it worked to get Mil over. That little stare between Matanza and Mil was brilliant. The top down scene of the double pin was a lovely bit of camerawork. Imagine if Dario (or Catrina) gained control of Mil (or Matanza). What a tag team they'd make. 

I don't know why they gave Sexy Star the title. I appreciate the equality dealio, but for me, Sexy just isn't as quick or as fluid as the guys. It all seems a bit slowed down and overly choreographed (yeah, overly choreographed in LU, haha). I'm hoping she's only champion for a short time.

Aztec Warfare Spoilers

I think Ivelisse injured herself again just before they taped Aztec Warfare so that's why she wasn't in it. Don't know if it would have made a difference to Sexy winning. Ivelisse would have made an awesome champion. She will one day...... 

Unless she's losing it next week you have to believe SS is gonna have 3 pretty quickfire huge title defences against Mundo, Mil, and Matanza who would presumably get a rematch. I can only buy into it though if she cracks the big guys with far more unprotected chairshots.

Can't really remember but that did seem like the most rushed, least awesome Aztec Warfare. It was still decent. Needed more carnage.

Jeremiah Crane still sucks.

3 Joshi girls as the ninja chicks?

Where's King Cuerno? I don't remember him dying.

Archived