The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I had three episodes waiting on DVR, finally got around to watching them today. Absolutely loved the Weapons of Mass Destruction match — that finish was insane. Think that the season is moving along really well — couple of slightly slow episodes recently, to set stuff up,

but I did love seeing Catrina finally get rid of the last disciple, and then feed his soul to Mil.

I'd like to see Alberto back at LU. I never got into him when he was in WWE the first time around, then saw him in Lucha Underground and became a fan of his, Same old stuff but with a bit more character and freedom. Then he went back to WWE and again, I couldn't buy it. 

That said, he must think he's some kind of [JBL]Wrestling God[/JBL]. No-showing AAA and failing drugs tests at WWE. The man just does what he wants!

• Paid Members

Matanza/Puma was bloody lovely stuff.

Sami Callihan as Ivelisse's sleazebag boyfriend looks like it'll be great fun, plus we have the triads, creepy cult people and Killshot's Alec Trevelyan on the way to freshen the roster up so exciting times ahead.

Nah, Matanza has had way better matches. Is it me or is his finisher probably one of the least impactful moves he does, or certainly when he first appeared? I remember him using far more devastating stuff. It doesn't quite work for me.

Dislike Sami Callihan already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This weeks episode was pretty much the perfect episode of wrestling. 3 different matches but all excellent, a great debut and good storyline stuff setting up loads for the future.

I love how instead of being a generic heel authority figure Dario is just loads of fun. He's got all these shady criminal deals going on in the background involving gangsters, politicians, monsters, murderers and the police but he basically runs the Temple to be as violent and fun as possible. Dario is just as much a cunt to the heels as he is the babyfaces. He just wants to put on a good show at the end of the day.

Archived