The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

In regardless to your last question, he hasn't been seen this season, has he? I think he was last seen at Aztec Warfare 2? He didn't die, I don't think. He tapped out to a Rey Mysterio armbar, and as far as I remember, hasn't been seen since. Where's Nightclaw? 

I completely agree with you re: Sexy Star and the chair shots. She's got some big opponents, if those who are expected to challenge for the belt, do so. Completely agree with the need for more carnage, too. 

Ivalesse gets injured a lot, doesn't she? I actually grabbed some SHINE events to check out some of her out-of-LU work, as I enjoy her LU stuff.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Why are we spoiler tagging? We never usually do after LU airs.

King Cuerno got absolutely fucked up by Mil Muertes at Ultima Lucha Dos. He hasn't been seen since.

I enjoyed that. It didn't reach the heights of Aztec Warfare 2 which is probably my favourite match since Shield/Wyatts but it was fun, violent, exciting and unpredictable and that's more than can be said about any other wrestling show on TV right now.

I'm fine with Sexy Star winning though also hope it's a short reign. She's booked well and has her moments but is pretty pants in the ring overall. 

Plenty of interesting story developments and I'm glad Matanza and Muertes were protected in defeat. Shame Pentagon didn't do much but I feel like the Ninja Girls is just something to keep him occupied for awhile before he gets back into the main picture (there's 29 episodes left this season). 

My favourite moment overall was Pentagon motioning Mysterio into the ring with his hand. Looked completely fucking badass. Second fave was Joey Ryans faced when he saw Mil Muertes coming down the stairs after him.

How goo was that when Rey pinned Matanza, that may be in my top 10 Wrestling moments this year, I about jumped off my bloody chair, brilliant payoff for the months of building the Monster.

Was slightly put out by the lack of Pentagon, I'm still hoping they know what they are doing with him and are keeping him in the background with a view to him taking over and destroying fools down the road.

Mil Muertes is my favourite character in Wrestling.

Why are we spoiler tagging? We never usually do after LU airs.

King Cuerno got absolutely fucked up by Mil Muertes at Ultima Lucha Dos. He hasn't been seen since.

I enjoyed that. It didn't reach the heights of Aztec Warfare 2 which is probably my favourite match since Shield/Wyatts but it was fun, violent, exciting and unpredictable and that's more than can be said about any other wrestling show on TV right now.

I'm fine with Sexy Star winning though also hope it's a short reign. She's booked well and has her moments but is pretty pants in the ring overall. 

Plenty of interesting story developments and I'm glad Matanza and Muertes were protected in defeat. Shame Pentagon didn't do much but I feel like the Ninja Girls is just something to keep him occupied for awhile before he gets back into the main picture (there's 29 episodes left this season). 

My favourite moment overall was Pentagon motioning Mysterio into the ring with his hand. Looked completely fucking badass. Second fave was Joey Ryans faced when he saw Mil Muertes coming down the stairs after him.

I only spoiler tagged because it was a pretty big episode, especially with the title change and it being Aztec Warfare. 

Cuerno...Yes! The crowbar shot from the top rope was sick. How did I forget about that?! 

I've been watching every single week and it's just great fun. Still preferred Aztec Warfare 2 but it was always going to be difficult to top it. I figured it would be Mundo and Sexy Star as the final 2 but they kept me guessing to the end. As mentioned above it's great to see her win the title but there's just something that stops me fully backing her. The I Quit bout with Mariposa was her finest night for me. I'm pretty confident Johnny will steal the gold from her next week, but you never know!

I've been watching every single week and it's just great fun. Still preferred Aztec Warfare 2 but it was always going to be difficult to top it. I figured it would be Mundo and Sexy Star as the final 2 but they kept me guessing to the end. As mentioned above it's great to see her win the title but there's just something that stops me fully backing her. The I Quit bout with Mariposa was her finest night for me. I'm pretty confident Johnny will steal the gold from her next week, but you never know!

I get the feeling Dario will have something to do with Mundo losing next week.

I said it before, but I really hope they advance the Cage/Texano story soon. I wanna know what's in store for the winner, what with the mysterious box and all.

Sorry for the double post...

Couple of quick thoughts : 

1. Pleased that Mundo won. At first, I was like "Then why not just have him win AW3, but obviously it gets the GotG title off him and moves it on. Good match though. 

2. Rabbit Tribe are intriguing. Kinda expected them to win the titles. I didn't think the match was anything super special but the gimmick is cool and I'm a big Paul London fan, so let's see how it goes.

3. Fox vs Killshot...It'll be one of those feuds that goes on for ages, won't it? Seems weird to write about a wrestling show in such a way, but I kinda hope it gets to the point where Killshot leaves him for dead (again), and it's the start of a big push for Killshot. I wasn't his biggest fan previously, but this season he's been fantastic. 

4. Looking forward to seeing Angelico vs Mundo. Hopefully they make it a Ladder match or something. Nice and high-spotty. 

Okay - the previous post seems to spoil things a bit but I'm confused. I've gone to the exact same sites I usually go to for watching the show, and they make no reference to an episode being aired this week. I trawled youtube, and dailymotion, and cannot find a thing for any type of show following on from aztec warfare last week. What is going on? Am i missing something? It's as though they just haven't aired a show this week.

Okay - the previous post seems to spoil things a bit but I'm confused. I've gone to the exact same sites I usually go to for watching the show, and they make no reference to an episode being aired this week. I trawled youtube, and dailymotion, and cannot find a thing for any type of show following on from aztec warfare last week. What is going on? Am i missing something? It's as though they just haven't aired a show this week.

Yep, an episode aired as normal on Wednesday night

That killshot vs fox match was a blinder, 8 minutes of rapid, high energy brilliance.

I for one am very pleased they got the belt off sexy star, she had her moment last week but i'm sorry any kind of long term reign is just never going to work, she brings the pace and intensity down too much. You could see mundo actually putting himself in moves for her, i can buy people transporting and hearts being ripped out of chests but a sexy star HW title run, sorry no.

Archived