The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been feeling this season as much as the previous ones. There's been some good moments, but it hasn't been as consistently great as it was in the past. I've enjoyed the last two episodes (especially the one with the Haunted House match and the last man standing), but I think before that the last one where I could tell you anything that happened in is probably episode 3 where XO Lishus debuted almost two whole months ago. 

I'm still not sure about Antonio Cueto, and the gimmicked slaps are getting way out of hand, but I'll be sticking with it for as long as it's around. Even the less exciting episodes are usually entertaining. Hopefully there's some more memorable stuff coming up though.

• Paid Members

I agree. I think the new temple is pretty rubbish compared to the original and has sucked a lot of the excitement out of things. Also the budget cuts has resulted in a smaller roster, less vignettes and they are killing off characters left and right. It doesn't really feel like it's going anywhere and it's definitely lost it's shine.

However, as a one hour weekly wrestling show...it's still a lot of fun, an easy watch, the occasionally insane brawl and inspired moment so I'll stick with it. But if it was cancelled at the end of this season I'd not be too upset about it, while that news would have devastated me after any of the previous seasons.

Archived