raw Discussion Thread

xear

I think WWE did the CM Punk payoff a little early. Even another week of him knocking about with the title wouldve sufficed then Cena could've faced Mysterio on the next RAW for Punk to return. Albeit it's still a money angle. They've tried to go with HHH wanting to give the universe what they want (Ryder, JR's return, Punk) whereas Vince was an out of control egomaniac.

The Ryder thing didnt work for me. He got no reaction. I'm guessing that town they were in don't get the internet. Just came across as awkward watching a heel jobber from Superstars bray Michael Cole for a face reaction.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Ryder thing didnt work for me. He got no reaction. I'm guessing that town they were in don't get the internet. Just came across as awkward watching a heel jobber from Superstars bray Michael Cole for a face reaction.

Apart from the cheers he got when he came out, the fans chanting his catchphrase with him, and the "let's go Ryder" chants?

• Paid Members

I actually would hate Cena to turn heel now. It would just seem too much like a wrestling 'angle', taking away from the current reality-based Punk story. Everyone knows that Cena is a good guy, a heel turn would seem way to phoney. I'm probably a bigger fan of Cena now than I ever have been and a big part of that is that I like the honesty of his character. He's still a bit of a dork, but his enthusiasm and obvious pride in what he does is infectious.

I think there is more than enough room for both him and Punk to exist together as the top faces on Raw. As other people have mentioned, I think the dynamic of Punk appealing to one half of the audience and Cena appealing to the other half has great potential.

• Paid Members

People complaining about Punk's return, here's what the original plan was for this week's RAW according to today's Observer.

The Raw show on 7/25 in Hampton, VA, opened with Rey Mysterio pinning The Miz in the finals of the WWE title tournament. After a big celebration, featuring champagne and a staredown, HHH in his television role as the Chief Operating Officer of WWE, announced Mysterio would be defending against Cena in the television main event. Cena won a great match, and when it was over, Punk, whose long talked about vacation ended up being three days, came out from the stage area to his old ROH theme music,

• Paid Members
in the end, the angle was going to be shaped for the purposes of getting the family over primarily

If this is true, maybe its Triple H and Vince McMahon they are looking at as the long term plan. You can see Vince being made the mystery GM somehow and Vince and Triple H doing the Vince/Flair-esque power struggle they did in 2001/2002. If that angle is true, and they are booking on the fly, it wouldnt be the first time they've thrown a red hot angle to one side to go with the tried and tested formula.

• Paid Members

Yeah, but if they had been doing that finish, they wouldn't necessarily have done the tournament final and crowned a new champ. Triple H could have said Punk was the real champ, welcomed him back, them fucked him over.

ive only seen a few posts, but on the return of punk i agree it was waaaaay too soon, i mean punk was off raw for one week. ONE WEEK. For fucks sake, Big Show has been gone for two weeks, and some wrestlers just get ''nights off'' sometimes. i get that wwe did all the could to sign punk back because of how hot he is right now, but it feels like they blew their wad early. i just hope this is the start of Punk being the heel on Raw and he has a group of guys with him. And not the Nexus but a real group.

off topic, punk is such a hot topic and in such demand all his t-shirts and merch is sold out on wweshop, his ''new'' theme song is in the top 55 on UK iTunes and was nowhere last week, same in the US iTunes it is in the top 150. and it will continue to soar, infact if it wasnt for a certain female singer killing herself, it might just have made the top 40.

ive only seen a few posts, but on the return of punk i agree it was waaaaay too soon, i mean punk was off raw for one week. ONE WEEK. For fucks sake, Big Show has been gone for two weeks, and some wrestlers just get ''nights off'' sometimes. i get that wwe did all the could to sign punk back because of how hot he is right now, but it feels like they blew their wad early. i just hope this is the start of Punk being the heel on Raw and he has a group of guys with him. And not the Nexus but a real group.

off topic, punk is such a hot topic and in such demand all his t-shirts and merch is sold out on wweshop, his ''new'' theme song is in the top 55 on UK iTunes and was nowhere last week, same in the US iTunes it is in the top 150. and it will continue to soar, infact if it wasnt for a certain female singer killing herself, it might just have made the top 40.

Isn't Big Show not really injured through?

• Paid Members

I wish they went with the 1st plan.

This place would have been fucking gold if that had happend. Someone told me a few days ago that CM punk is the new steve austin, im holding him to that when HHH and or Cena send his push in a few weeks time.

I heard someone say its HHH thinking that two champs fighting makes more money, hell why not have 14 WWE belts then have a 14 man battle royal!

Lets face it the whole punk return made for stupid TV. I will wait to see if they try and cover it next week before going back to my RAW read thu rather than watching it.

Lets face it the whole punk return made for stupid TV. I will wait to see if they try and cover it next week before going back to my RAW read thu rather than watching it.

Do you think that about all cliff hangers on TV shows?

Archived