raw Discussion Thread

xear

• Paid Members
I was hoping that Punk would bring back one of the older title belts. Was really hoping for the winged eagle one. :(

In storyline terms, he'd have had a job bringing back any belt owned by the company he "doesnt work for any more" than the one he left the PPV with.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
In storyline terms, he'd have had a job bringing back any belt owned by the company he "doesnt work for any more" than the one he left the PPV with.

Aye, if he wins to become undisputed WWE Champion (never going to happen, Cena will get his win back) then that is where we may see him change the title. I like the visual of both of them holding the same title.

The thing is an eye sore, I think we can all agree on that. It's been needing a change for years now, it's very cliche hip hop. A gimmick that John Cena doesn't do anymore.

What are people expecting from Zack Rider? Its not like he's going to get a Cena reaction from doing some Youtube videos. Wise up. He got a decent enough reaction for who he is, and he beat up a commentator. No matter how much of a twat Cole is, it never looks good to me beating up someone who isn't a wrestler...

Oh right. Are you sure? The one pictured on the website doesn't.

Not the best picture but you can see it next to "Chicago".

punkv.jpg

EDIT: Just realised you meant the one on the website, I thought you meant the one he was wearing on Raw.

• Paid Members
Does that mean Punk will go back to using the Pepsi Plunge and wearing shorts again?

I'd like to see him use it once at least, just as an 'in your face' to the new boss. But I would imagine it's just as much for health reasons than HHH's existence.

Yeah, I don't think Trips wants to remember the time when he wore those shorts.

What are people expecting from Zack Rider? Its not like he's going to get a Cena reaction from doing some Youtube videos. Wise up. He got a decent enough reaction for who he is, and he beat up a commentator. No matter how much of a twat Cole is, it never looks good to me beating up someone who isn't a wrestler...

To be honest, the reaction was there for WWE to engineer, when they recently were in Long Island; I've noticed that when wrestlers get massive reactions from hometown/"associated" crowds on TV, it "bleeds over" to the crowds of later shows - that's why Punk was getting great reactions from early WWECW, and his showing in front of his home crowd in Chicago seems to have set things up nicely for this storyline at different arenas. I'm almost positive that, had WWE re-debuted Bret Hart in Canada, he'd have been getting much stronger reactions in the following weeks to WM. And I'm positive WWE wasted the potential for "hometown elevation" for Ryder on a stupid and pointless rib.

It's not to say I think Ryder would be a main eventer by now, but WWE could have given themselves another strong midcard/upper midcard babyface to use in storylines.

I'd have killed myself if I paid 300 quid for one on ebay, only for them to go on sale the next week.

I think anyone who did that was a bit silly for not realising he would be back on TV sooner rather than later.... granted I dont think anyone expected him back this quickly.

He's entertaining. There's definately a spot for him on RAW somewhere.

Even if it's just hosting his only weekly segment, but he's capable enough in the ring too.

• Paid Members
I'd have killed myself if I paid 300 quid for one on ebay, only for them to go on sale the next week.

Wouldn't there have been massive re-sale value on Ebay, for the differences Pitcos mentioned? There are fans who'll pay shitloads for that sort of thing, just like they would with figures and what-have-you.

Archived