raw Discussion Thread

xear

• Paid Members
Although WWE has used Cult of Personality before. They used it for Steve Austin's Hall of Fame induction both on TV and on DVD released (and possibly on the new Steve Austin DVD if they include his HOF induction). Maybe they already bought the rights and had it in stock and thought "why not use it".

Did Punk use that as his old music allot in ROH? Was it not that song that sounds allot like the Terminator theme? :confused:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Although WWE has used Cult of Personality before. They used it for Steve Austin's Hall of Fame induction both on TV and on DVD released (and possibly on the new Steve Austin DVD if they include his HOF induction). Maybe they already bought the rights and had it in stock and thought "why not use it".

He may have been wrong likes, but Meltzer said it wasn't WWE owned and that. Of course, maybe WWE have some agreement with the record label/artist that allows them to use it for little money (similar to when 'Taker was using Kid Rock then Limp Bitzkit). Living Colour are quids in though, according to Dave Lagana Punk broke iTunes, as people were getting error messages when trying to buy the thing.

Just rewatched the ending while not half asleep like I was last night, and thought it was tremendous. Absolutely sterling facials and body language from Cena, (which he obviously won't get any credit for from the usual suspects) really got across that he didn't have a fucking clue what was going on. When he half raises the belt, and then Punk raises his much higher and talks him down, that's pure wrestling storytelling - summing up the entire narrative with one simple visual. Punk is the real WWE Champion, and even Cena knows it. Perfect time to debut the new music as well, gave us that brilliant moment of Cena just gazing around the arena in dazed confusion, having thought he'd finally found some resolution after a totally fucked up month, just thinking "What the hell is going on NOW?!"

• Paid Members
He may have been wrong likes, but Meltzer said it wasn't WWE owned and that. Of course, maybe WWE have some agreement with the record label/artist that allows them to use it for little money (similar to when 'Taker was using Kid Rock then Limp Bitzkit). Living Colour are quids in though, according to Dave Lagana Punk broke iTunes, as people were getting error messages when trying to buy the thing.

Yeah, I'm just saying WWE would probably have had some dealings with their management company before, having that song on the Mania DVD in 2009. I'm sure it was easier for them to get ahold of that than when they tried to get Enter Sandman off Metallica for the One Night Stand DVD.

I think its the perfect time to debut the music. Earlier on someone in the thread said "if they'd have played his old music the pop would have been bigger", but thats irrelevent. When you heard the music, a lot of people were wondering what it was until you saw the man himself and them the place popped. Its not the entrance music that has to wrestle and do the appearances, so an initial pop hearing the music means nothing. I think the whole point of it was to tease who it could be (after the Morrison and Jim Ross teases) and to get people saying "whats this now?" and then he walks out. I thought it was very well done.

I think Cena was brilliant generally last night. I really enjoyed his match with Mysterio and a part of that, perhaps unusually, was his selling of the leg injury heading into the final stretch. The frustrating thing with his matches usually is that when Super Cena kicks in you get a massive sequence of moves in which all previous injuries are forgotten. This time the match ended relatively suddenly and it made the adrenaline rush finish more believable.

Another thing though: did Cena sell the STF like it's a sleeper of sorts? I always assumed it was a pain-based move more than a choke hold. Either way, though, that was a nice touch and he still looked better in it than he does when he's doing it.

• Paid Members
If I'm correctly guessing the outcome of matches a few minutes into them then yes I will call it predictable. I'm not going to sit and masturbate over a show that I have to significantly lower my standards to enjoy. Why should I have to stop posting just for expressing an opinion? There's a block function, if you find my posts that upsetting use it.

I am using it, unfortunately your quoted posts over-ride the function so sometimes I do come across your whinging despite my best efforts. DON'T WATCH THE SHOW if you're finding it that hard to enjoy, you incredible loser.

Oh and in regards to Dill, he's on ignore too, but if he did manage to do the impossible and actually post something POSITIVE then fairplay to him. It's about time.

I am using it, unfortunately your quoted posts over-ride the function so sometimes I do come across your whinging despite my best efforts. DON'T WATCH THE SHOW if you're finding it that hard to enjoy, you incredible loser.

lolno

butthurt-report-form_me.jpg

• Paid Members

R-Truth was the best thing on RAW i thought.

I find HHH to be a bit awkward on the Mic and sometimes last night the crowd just didn't get him.

Ryder did shit.

Ziggler interests me most i have always felt he doesn't really give 2 shits about Vicki being with him (Yes even though she got a load of heat for him for ages.)

I fucking hate Jerry Lawler.

Triple H, as much I like him, sometimes struggles to fit into a more restricted role; he seems desperate to swear and make cock jokes. His 'o-ring' comment was so strange, like he was desperate to say asshole, but wasn't allowed...

Considering how close it is, this must be one of the least defined Summerslams in recent memory.

You have Punk/Cena II which really is a blockbuster; probably Orton/Christian which could be good, but is the umpteenth rematch and beyond that, I have little idea what's happening.

I miss the mid-card...

I have to agree that it was too soon. It was so good to hear Punks old ROH music on there but thats where i thought they would and should have left it. It would have been a good tease for people who knew it was his old theme. The live crowd didnt know why the song was playing and im sure some people at home wouldnt either so it wouldve been a nice surprise for them when they found out and get them excited about a possible return by him on a future show.

I was surprised how unenthusiastic the crowd seemed by his return as well considering how hot they'd been all night. It wasnt the best or loudest reaction TBH.

My misses is not a wrestling fan, and normally reads her book whilst i'm watching the show, but on the Raw where Punk done his 'shoot' she couldn't keep her eyes off the screen. She was totally roped in, and has been since that Raw. The following Raw she was calling Cena all the idiots going because he went against Vince to get Punk re-hired (she actually started to believe it was all real and thought Cena would get fired). Then when Punk won the belt she was in utter shock! The following night when Vince got relieved of his duties, that actually upset her quite a bit, she went on about it for a few days and couldn't understand how that could happen and made comments like "I feel so sorry for Vince, thats so unfair" (by this time, i was enjoying going along with it). Then came this weeks Raw, and Punks return. As soon as he walked through the curtain her exact word were:

"Oh my god, this was all fake from the beginning! I feel so stupid, I thought it was real! What a bloody con!"

I'm not saying the live crowd would've felt this way, or even the people at home watching on TV, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people felt a bit let down. I know up until last night I believed Punk was going to be the next big thing....now i believe he'll be mid-carding by the end of the year again.

R-Truth was the best thing on RAW i thought.

I find HHH to be a bit awkward on the Mic and sometimes last night the crowd just didn't get him.

Ryder did shit.

Ziggler interests me most i have always felt he doesn't really give 2 shits about Vicki being with him (Yes even though she got a load of heat for him for ages.)

I fucking hate Jerry Lawler.

Don't know about the best thing. But I'm liking how his personality is developing. As a laughable loon who can turn nasty at the drop of a hat. But 100% about Lawler, with Cole gone it stresses the importance of a pro heel commentator

Archived