raw Discussion Thread

xear

• Paid Members

I don't know if it is bollocks. Lets be honest, it's something WWE have done with EVERY major angle for the last ten years. So it is pretty plausible, especially when you consider the McMahons are involved (the McMahons getting one back on Randy Orton killed that thing stone dead). If they did do that finish to Raw though, I'd be a bit mad. Maybe not Goldberg Elimination Chamber mad but I'd certainly lose any hope that WWE will turn a corner. The idea of 'getting the family over' instead of the people on the house shows is worrying though, watch this space. I guess the encouraging thing is they realised that the angle was absolute shite and was counter productive, that's progress.

As things stand, Raw was cracking and I have no real complaints. Punk coming back means he's on my TV every week. It's also logical that Punk signed back with WWE - he got rid of Vince and maybe he has signed a contract so ridiculous that Triple H is Punks bitch.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

RAW was brilliant, again this week. Compelling television which leaves more questions, making me want to watch next week.

Coles promo was good, and Triple H using logic to say why he didnt fire him was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely liked Cole using HHH's gear, as it gave a subtle nod to Trips not needing it now hes the COO. A cool move in my book.

I am not the biggest Mysterio fan,but seeing him doused with champagne and the belt at ringside etc gave the night a big match feel. I liked that.

I was happy Cena was put into a "rematch" with Mysterio but I couldnt see the sense in Mysterio agreeing to wrestle twice in one night, as that seems to be the reason he lost.

Alas, the match was a cracker again, and Cena really has got his wokring boots on at the moment.

Ive never seen ROH, never heard that theme, but love it already.

• Paid Members
Do you think that about all cliff hangers on TV shows?

It wasnt a cliff hanger was it? There is no way it can make sence.

Why would punk be allowed though with new music in his gear? If HHH had re hired him then why have a title match? If they had not had a title match then its fine, if Punk had jumped a rail fine.

I cant see how they will cover it i really dont.

I want to be wrong, the whole few weeks reminded me why i love wrestling, but im just to used to WWE messing up huge angles. And i dont think this will be any different. Maybe if they had people run down and grab punk, they could push the idea that Vince was somehow pulling the strings to get his company back?

I mean if anyone can explain the above im all ears.

• Paid Members
Why would punk be allowed though with new music in his gear? If HHH had re hired him then why have a title match? If they had not had a title match then its fine, if Punk had jumped a rail fine.

Because Triple H and Punk were discussing a new contracted for more than about 5 minutes, and only got it signed after the main event had started?

• Paid Members
Why was Punk in his wrestling knickers, actually? That doesn't make sense any way you slice it. Unless he's caught that Randy Orton disease where he's allergic to trousers.

Actually, he's developed a psychological aversion to normal clothes - that's why he showed up in that indy promotion in regular street clothing, THAT is now his working gear. Moment he left the ring, he switched back to his wrestling gear and proceeded to go buy a burrito and a bottle of Corona at the local hibachi.

• Paid Members
Why was Punk in his wrestling knickers, actually? That doesn't make sense any way you slice it. Unless he's caught that Randy Orton disease where he's allergic to trousers.

Cause wrestlers just like walking around in their underpants.

He was defending the title outside in a streetfight against some random while Raw was on, and preferred to wear kneepads and boots.

People still confused about Raw should listen to that CM Punk radio interview that's kicking about, he's spot on with the things that he says. Wait til next week you morons!

• Paid Members
Actually, he's developed a psychological aversion to normal clothes - that's why he showed up in that indy promotion in regular street clothing, THAT is now his working gear. Moment he left the ring, he switched back to his wrestling gear and proceeded to go buy a burrito and a bottle of Corona at the local hibachi.

I knew it, I just knew it! We've been worked ALL along! :sneaky:

Seriously though, the CM Punk resigning, talks still going on as title match starts just feels flimsy to me, plausable, but flimsy, especially when the throw the wrestling gear into the mix, which really just makes no sense at all!.

• Paid Members

If HHH is going to be the boss he really can't keep coming out to his Motorhead song. It's a hell of a theme for a wrestler but it doesn't really work this super aggressive song all about dominating your opponent and kicking peoples asses whenhe's wearing a suit and "giving the fans what they want". That's my main concern about Triple H as the boss, he's still one of the most physically imposing men on the roster and he won't look as weak as Vince made himself look at the nessecary times.

• Paid Members
If HHH is going to be the boss he really can't keep coming out to his Motorhead song. It's a hell of a theme for a wrestler but it doesn't really work this super aggressive song all about dominating your opponent and kicking peoples asses whenhe's wearing a suit and "giving the fans what they want". That's my main concern about Triple H as the boss, he's still one of the most physically imposing men on the roster and he won't look as weak as Vince made himself look at the nessecary times.

Yeah, but maybe he doesn't need to look weak. Perhaps they feel it's time to freshen up the "Boss character" role again, and make him someone who can hold his own in a fight - someone who can actually fight for his company when push comes to shove. TNA have never really been able to take advantage of Hogan as an ass-kicker because of his surgeries, and the only times I've ever see a boss really step up has been in Japan - TAKA for K-Dojo, Onita for FMW, Hash for Zero-One, Ultimo for Touryuumon, Delfin for O-Pro, Baba for All Japan, Inoki for New Japan and Misawa for NOAH. I don't think it's something that's ever really been tried in earnest in the West.

Actually, quick question: was Jarrett ever actually booked on-screen as the boss when he owned TNA in reality?

• Paid Members

I thought RAW was good, honestly. No problem with Punk being back, he got a good reaction during the "belt-off" with Cena. SummerSlam is the second biggest PPV of the year, don't see how you could have kept Punk off of that. Besides, we should count ourselves lucky, here (via WO) is apparantly what the original plan was:

His elevation wasn

• Paid Members
I thought RAW was good, honestly. No problem with Punk being back, he got a good reaction during the "belt-off" with Cena. SummerSlam is the second biggest PPV of the year, don't see how you could have kept Punk off of that.

But nobody was suggesting keeping Punk off SS, though - only that they keep him off live TV until the go-home week, and build up the match in the mean-time with WWE broadcasting vignettes of Trips on the phone or talking to lawyers, etc., while also showing footage of Punk with the belt in other places, sticking two fingers up at WWE, like he did at that ComicCon.

• Paid Members

Ah, yeah, sorry. Still, keeping him off TV that long wouldn't have worked for me because, in that case, you might as well keep him off TV longer and build to something after 'Slam (which I actually wouldn't have minded at all, and as you say continue with the off-TV stuff he'd been doing.) As it is, if you're going to do Cena/Punk 2 at SummerSlam I really think you need him on TV a week or two before the go-home show.

• Paid Members
But nobody was suggesting keeping Punk off SS, though - only that they keep him off live TV until the go-home week, and build up the match in the mean-time with WWE broadcasting vignettes of Trips on the phone or talking to lawyers, etc., while also showing footage of Punk with the belt in other places, sticking two fingers up at WWE, like he did at that ComicCon.

This would have actually been brilliant! I think the big match always needed to be SummerSlam since it's the last big event before Royal Rumble (does anyone still see Survivor Series as one of the big ones?) and the Rumble is probably too long in todays WWE.

Archived