Amy Winehouse dead

Psygnosis

• Paid Members
Is that a reference to something I once said? Because once I did glass myself in the face and my best mate stopped me killing myself shortly afterwards.

Off topic by a mile, but why the face, that's what I'd like to know.

On topic I never really liked her music and found her quite over rated, but from what you read she clearly had some problems which I'm not even going to try to claim I could understand. I don't so much feel her death is a tragedy as parts of her life, if you will.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a couple of weeks ago, after the drunken performance, that I said to a mate - whilst sober - the only two people whom I wished death upon were Amy Winehouse and Katie Price.

Well said troubled woman who was ten years younger than me with a hell of a talent that most people would kill for has died and I feel upset. Like my Auntie and her husband who drank themselves to an early death it was her choice but it doesn't negate the tragedy for her family and those close to her.

• Paid Members
Someone should compose a rock opera based on your crazy life.

I dont think there's a market for a wrestling based opera about a lad wearing a cap to big for his head glassing himself in the face with his 12th pint before match number 4. Gash from Rab C Nesbitt could play him though.

• Paid Members
Try telling her family and friends it isn't a tragedy. We've lost a talented and gifted artist at what should have been her prime, of course it's a tragedy.

From what I have read and seen in interviews, her family and friends were mostly enablers who contributed greatly to her death. From her cunt of a father, to her ex husband, to all theyscrotes who pushed her into a lifestyle thay could only end like this.

Not a fan, but feel so sorry for her, and all others who lose there lives due to people exploiting them.

• Paid Members

Facebook is at its worse today. A mixture of tedious, unfunny sickipedia "gags" and the morally superior reminding us of Norway and how much better they are than everyone for noticing the "bigger tragedy".

Facebook is at its worse today. A mixture of tedious, unfunny sickipedia "gags" and the morally superior reminding us of Norway and how much better they are than everyone for noticing the "bigger tragedy".

Abso-fucking-lutely. Post after post of slacktivsm and faux-principle bullshit, then theres the cross-over where they start chastising each other in each others posts...morons.

Personally I'm more pissed off people have forgotten about the Japanese Tsunami. How dare they.

People tend to react to what is in their face, the Norwegian terror attacks got infinitely worse overnight but because of that things didn't seem as bad as they became, and then Amy died in the middle of the day someone who's been in our faces for 8/9 years and lets face it, everyone has an opinion on her and they differ wildly. There is only one opinion about Norway and that is 'a terrible thing' there's only so many times that can be said before people stop repeating it, so those who feel so strongly about what happened in Norway and perhaps have family there may see all these little one up arguments as disrespectful. It's not of course, reacting to something doesn't mean you don't care about anything else that's going on, it only means your attention is drawn to a different piece of news for a second or two to post something about it.

Because that's what social media is, instant reaction to what is happening in the world in small chunks.

Amy Winehouse? Very sad, I feel sorry for anyone who gave her a kind thought and tried to help her out and maybe got her into programs that she walked out on, but she listened to the wrong people and paid the price.

not a fan of her or her music but it is kinda sad how her life went down the drain due to drugs and alcohol. the only suprise is that it didnt happen sooner, and thats not me being classless or anything but there was that period a couple of years back where it looked like she was at deaths door but pulled through. why she couldnt just stay in rehab till it was completely out her system i dont know. wonder how her ex is feeling tonight?

I've lost friends at young ages for no reasons, Amy Winehouse had a life and ruined it. I'm not happy she's dead but i don't have any sympathy either. I do wish Blake Fielder Civil was dead, although he might not have made Amy take the drugs, her life totally spiraled out of control when they were together.

I see the state of drug/alcohol abusers through work and they make me sick with all their bullshit begging and general scabbiness.

Plus her music is shite, her best song was an overplayed cover worse than the original. Just my opinion

I was on a forum with a primarily American userbase earlier and according to them the Norwegian shootings and bombings have barely been covered at all while Amy Winehouse has received a surprisingly large amount of airtime.

not a fan of her or her music but it is kinda sad how her life went down the drain due to drugs and alcohol. the only suprise is that it didnt happen sooner, and thats not me being classless or anything but there was that period a couple of years back where it looked like she was at deaths door but pulled through. why she couldnt just stay in rehab till it was completely out her system i dont know. wonder how her ex is feeling tonight?

Are you really that thick?

• Moderators
At the end of the day, yes. She did have a God given talent but at a point whilst she was taking whichever drug she may have enjoyed that was her choice so she knew the consequences.

I've seen some form of this sentiment has been expressed a couple times now..

It's not a God given talent. She worked really hard to get where she was and it's a pretty tragic story how it ended up. It doesn't give people a pass to be mad at her for 'wasting her talent' just because they never achieved anything in the first place.

Anyway this whole thing is really rather sad. I think it's the first celebrity death I can think of where the person was younger than me, too. It's pretty fucked..

I was never a fan of her style of music but I can respect that she was good at it and it's such a shame she always seemed to be in the papers for the wrong reasons (drugs and alcohol) as opposed to the right reasons (for her music) also a shame it was left too late for anything to be done to help her. I was working all day and didn't find out until I was told about it after I'd finished work and even though we all say we could see it coming as she'd been having these troubles for ages it's still a bit of a shock initially, as it is any time you hear someone has died, regardless of age or whether everybody could see it coming. It's just a shame it ended up like this rather than someone helping her or her getting herself back on track. I know some people will say she brought it on herself and it's all down to her but an addiction is an addiction, people don't choose to be addicted to things and there's a reason they're called demons, if anything I just feel for her really as it seems no one did anything to help her. RIP.

Archived