Amy Winehouse dead

Psygnosis

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I like your posts usually Richie but your way off the mark here if your implying theres something noble in fucking your life away on drink and drugs, especially when you've been blessed with such talent.

An amazing talent that people may forget about with all her problems, another creative person ruined by her demons.

She could have one of the biggest stars around but went down the path to destruction and sadly would not accept help. Sadly we will never get to see her use her talent to its potential.

Big loss to music , thoughts go out to her friends and family tonight.

• Paid Members
Jackson was never convicted of anything to be fair mate. Any anyway Michael Jackson contributed much much more to the entertainment industry as a whole than Amy fucking Winehouse. That being said I'm not bothered if shes dead or alive. :sleeping:

Yeah but to the press and some of the public he was tainted for life. Also I did say to a lesser scale. The last few years the lass was treated like a joke by most of the tabloids, now she'll be Jade Goody - BUT with a decent album.

Anybody think James Murdoch went round for a visit yesterday? He'll be well chuffed about this.

No that's a bad thing. We'll get fuck wits claiming she's the best thing ever, and everybody will be out to make some money off of it.

It's the same as Michael Jackson (obviously at a lesser scale), he was a nonce freak but after he died he was a misunderstood genius.

Exactly. As a career move her death is a smart move that will set up many record company workers for life, and she doesn't have to undignify herself in a few years time when she comes 6th in a pub karaoke contest singing one of her old songs. Posters, documentaries, possible films etc.

I'm loving the double standards on facebook and others fawning over other members of the 27 club yet denegrating Winehouse as being a druggie waste of space yet not looking at the actions of their heroes which in some cases made Winehouse look like a lightweight in respective terms.

• Paid Members
Exactly. As a career move her death is a smart move that will set up many record company workers for life, and she doesn't have to undignify herself in a few years time when she comes 6th in a pub karaoke contest singing one of her old songs. Posters, documentaries, possible films etc.

This is just ridiculous, i'm sure the girl, and her friends and family would rather she had beaten her problems and was still alive. Have a word

You're a bit 'special' aren't you?

It is a shame, but as many have said it was inevitable. She was an excellent singer with a fantastic noice. She was a tragedy waiting to happen though.

Pete Docherty on the other hand is a cunt with little talent, only famous for his criminal antics. Winehouse's talent was confirmed with five Grammy Awards.

• Paid Members

A friend of mine posted this on facebook:

"Amy Winehouse died because she was a drug abusing idiot. Almost 100 Norwegians died for absolutely no reason. Get some perspective folks."

And he's completely right. I find it pretty fucked up that facebook has exploded over this when there were very few posts referencing the Norwegian tragedy in comparison.

A friend of mine posted this on facebook:

"Amy Winehouse died because she was a drug abusing idiot. Almost 100 Norwegians died for absolutely no reason. Get some perspective folks."

And he's completely right. I find it pretty fucked up that facebook has exploded over this when there were very few posts referencing the Norwegian tragedy in comparison.

Probably because your friends live in Britain and therefore it's more closer to home? Tragedies happen every day but does everyone go on about them? Not in the slightest. I think this analogy from Collateral ties in somewhat here:

Vincent: Max, six billion people on the planet, you're getting bent out of shape cause of one fat guy.

Max: Well, who was he?

Vincent: What do you care? Have you ever heard of Rwanda?

Max: Yes, I know Rwanda.

Vincent: Well, tens of thousands killed before sundown. Nobody's killed people that fast since Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Did you bat an eye, Max?

Max: What?

Vincent: Did you join Amnesty International, Oxfam, Save the Whales, Greenpeace, or something? No. I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit.

Max: Man, I don't know any Rwandans.

Vincent: You don't know the guy in the trunk, either.

Archived