Amy Winehouse dead

Psygnosis

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad waste of a talented young lady. My sister bought her albums and I used to have a sneaky listen to them on the odd occasion and enjoyed quite a few of her songs.

Just found this while I was browsing:

Grammy award-winning singer Amy Winehouse is said to be huge wrestling fan, according to the UK's Sun newspaper. Winehouse's favorite wrestlers are said to be Rob Van Dam and Chris Jericho.

Regarding a meeting with RVD a few years ago, a source told The Sun, "Amy was so excited about meeting him, she wouldn't stop talking about it. She was much more excited to meet a wrestler than any musician."

The source also told the paper. "And she used to go crazy whenever Rob was on TV. He was her favourite."

:(

• Paid Members

Yeah, didn't she run a Yahoo! Group before she got on the gear? Sure I read that.

A shame. I absolutely loved that "Back to Black" album. "Frank" was good, but not a patch on her second one. RIP.

It's a shame, I love her music. Obviously it's always sad when anyone dies young, talented or not.

But it's not a tragedy, and as much as I love her music and as much of a fan as I am of Russell Brand, calling her a genius is nonsense. Calling anyone a genius just for being a good singer is nonsense.

Quagmire, you're so wrong it's not even funny anymore. Drop the moral superiory bollocks you cretinous oddball.

Please tell me where I am wrong? And it's not meant to be funny.

Quagmire death is not a competition.

I never said it was.

Please tell me where I am wrong? And it's not meant to be funny.

As was pointed out to you, death isn't a competition. You don't have to compare one death to another and work out which one is more tragic. I didn't come into 'Winehouse vs Norway - Who's making you cry more!!!!!' thread.

End of the day, I'm of the opinion that regardless of circumstance, the loss of such a young, talented woman who produced some fantastic music is something to be mourned. I couldn't give a fuck about how that stacks up against some Christian nut shooting 92 innocent barleyjacks.

• Paid Members

It was never confirmed, but supposedly Bryan Alvarez said there was an Amy Winehouse (as in somebody paying in a credit card with that name) from London on the Observer site subscriber list at one point.

• Paid Members
It was never confirmed, but supposedly Bryan Alvarez said there was an Amy Winehouse (as in somebody paying in a credit card with that name) from London on the Observer site subscriber list at one point.

Well with all this information, I can only assume that it was the site of Butchs nut sack that done her in.

On another note, it's well out of order people having a go at Kelly Osbourne for posting her grief on twitter.

And as I pointed out in my last post, I never said it was! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well you said her dying wasn't a tragedy while other events were.

6. the unfortunate aspect of something

7. a shocking or sad event; disaster

Reckon that qualfies a young woman who millions of people enjoyed her music dying a tragedy, all be it of a different level to the examples you gave.

And as I pointed out in my last post, I never said it was! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stop being disingenuous. You were clearly stacking up Amy Winehouse's death as unworthy of tragedy status compared to tsunami/starvation/shooting spree. That is presenting tragedy and death as a competition. You also displayed a staggeringly offensive ignorance of mental health and addiction problems.

Well you said her dying wasn't a tragedy while other events were.

Reckon that qualfies a young woman who millions of people enjoyed her music dying a tragedy, all be it of a different level to the examples you gave.

Death isn't a competition because there only ever is the one, same end result. What can matter is how persons or people came towards that final event, and normally also how they lived their lives. Because of the lifestyle she chose to live, she took very high risks that ended up with her dying young. And if by your definition Whinehouse's death is tragic, so too is Osama Bin Laden's.

Archived