Amy Winehouse dead

Psygnosis

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sadly inevitable, but inevitably sad. I personally expected a clean up, another album, and then the premature death (a la Stevie Ray Vaughan).

It also means we're going to have the endure her Dad on TV again, moaning about how his daughter was taken advantage of with no irony at all.

Are people seriously putting het up there with Hendrix, Morrison et al? She was good but nowhere near that level.

She wasn't on that level no, she simply joins the list of musicians that went out aged 27, there are quite a damn few actually.

"This one time right I glassed myself and my blood went all over my mate Pete's cashmere jumper".

Is that a reference to something I once said? Because once I did glass myself in the face and my best mate stopped me killing myself shortly afterwards.

You absolute waste of skin.

That's not fair, everyone has thier opinions.

A friend of mine posted this on facebook:

"Amy Winehouse died because she was a drug abusing idiot. Almost 100 Norwegians died for absolutely no reason. Get some perspective folks."

And he's completely right. I find it pretty fucked up that facebook has exploded over this when there were very few posts referencing the Norwegian tragedy in comparison.

Picture1-3.png

• Paid Members

She was clearly flawed but it's still very sad to see someone die so young.

I liked her music and stand by my belief that her version of Valerie was superior to The Zutons, despite the mocking from my friends.

Shame.

I was never a fan of hers and we all know she had her problems which she couldn't over come and I think most of us expected her to die young whilst some may not consider her death a tragedy it's not like she was an evil person so it's not like her death is a reason to be happy or make jokes about.

I was never a fan of hers and we all know she had her problems which she couldn't over come and I think most of us expected her to die young whilst some may not consider her death a tragedy it's not like she was an evil person so it's not like her death is a reason to be happy or make jokes about.

Try telling her family and friends it isn't a tragedy. We've lost a talented and gifted artist at what should have been her prime, of course it's a tragedy.

She will be put up there with Hendrix and such like because she died young and had a colourful personal life. It is always the case when someone who is considered a genius in some way dies reasonably young. Hendrix, Cobain, Buckley, Dean etc....

Try telling her family and friends it isn't a tragedy. We've lost a talented and gifted artist at what should have been her prime, of course it's a tragedy.

I said some may not consider her death a tragedy which given the stuff said and jokes made (here -on other sites and Facebook)is a true statement I never said it was my own personal feelings .

TBH I've read some stuff from ppl saying they are genuinely happy she's dead I'm not on the other hand I'm not devastated either

Archived