Amy Winehouse dead

Psygnosis

Mmmm. Sad, very sad. My mates were piling in with the lightweight comments whilst I was out tonight, I vaguely remember her (being an idiot) from a mighty boosch wrap after party in the upstairs of the hawley arms but all i can think is (as with anyone) it's sad when a child dies before the parents.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes im that thick :rolleyes: . isnt the point of rehab getting clean?

It isn't always that easy to just turn up to a rehab centre and BAM! you're sorted it isn't a magic wand it takes a lot of hard work EVERY day to ensure you don't relapse into it and sometimes that happens and sure you can go back there and try again to get back on track to being clean(or sober or whatever your addiction is) But it doesnt always work out that way.

I've lost friends at young ages for no reasons, Amy Winehouse had a life and ruined it. I'm not happy she's dead but i don't have any sympathy either. I do wish Blake Fielder Civil was dead, although he might not have made Amy take the drugs, her life totally spiraled out of control when they were together.

I see the state of drug/alcohol abusers through work and they make me sick with all their bullshit begging and general scabbiness.

Plus her music is shite, her best song was an overplayed cover worse than the original. Just my opinion

Hey Mr White van man, do you get all of your information from the Sun? You sound like a right tool.

She decided to destroy her life. Now she's dead. As I said I'm sad she's dead, but I wish I had the chances she's had. She's basically a worthless piece of shit, as are most drug/alcohol abusers. That's not from the sun, that's from seeing smackheads in the town centre begging/shoplifting/drinking cider.

She decided to destroy her life. Now she's dead. As I said I'm sad she's dead, but I wish I had the chances she's had. She's basically a worthless piece of shit, as are most drug/alcohol abusers. That's not from the sun, that's from seeing smackheads in the town centre begging/shoplifting/drinking cider.

While I can agree with the sentiment that in the end, all our actions are a choice, illness can make us make the wrong choices. In the end she was very ill, and while I think she's certainly more to blame for her death than the people in norway, as an example, you'd be very ignorant to think that just because you make the choice to not get all fucked up all the time with no problem, that it's as simple as that for her.

You clearly manage to live through your days without the need for drugs or booze to feel in any way alive and happy, and that's great for you. She clearly couldn't, and that, in the end, wasn't her choice, that was her life, which led her to make alot of stupid choices.

All I can say is, at least the money Amy Winehouse is now making isn't going to go on alcohol or drugs.

Yes, because none of her family drink and no-one at her record label drinks or takes drugs, so yes, her death has ensured the money made from her music doesn't go on alchohol or drugs, although of course it hasn't, and that's kind of a stupid thing to say.

The bombing and shootings in Oslo that have claimed at least 93 lives have taken away the lives of many young people, among them decent productive people who did not seek out danger until it came to them thanks to a Fundamental Christian right-wing lunatic. That is a tragedy.

Tens of thousands of people in Africa and elsewhere in the world are dying from very preventable diseases and causes that could be largely eradicated for a few quid a year. That is a tragedy.

The Tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan a few months ago claimed thousands of lives, destroyed tens of thousands of buildings, caused massive damage to infrastructure etc. That the Japanese because of the history of their land had prepared as much as they thought they could do, but nature had other plans. That is a tragedy.

Amy Whinehouse, a signer just as famous if not more so for her drug and drink habits and addictions along with the public glamuorisation of denial of her problems (...they tried to make me go to rehab...), kept hanging around people who were her "enablers" and didn't try to break away from them ends up being found dead on a summer's afternoon as her body could take no more and gave out, lying slumped on the floor likely in her own body waste. She knew the dangers of what she was doing, her death was no accident. She could have tried and got help for her problems but she didn't. If she was not strong enough willed to break the cycle herself, someone close to her should have. Her death is sad, and no doubt those close to her are in mourning. But its not a tragedy.

I've never been a fan of Russell Brand, always thought of him as a bit of a faux-whimsical tosser to be honest, but that wonderfully elequant piece he's written above is absolutely spot on. It's of considerably more worth than any of the dross Kelly Osbourne et al have come out with, and bares the hallmark of someone grieving over something they wanted to help, but knew fine well they couldn't.

Quagmire, you're so wrong it's not even funny anymore. Drop the moral superiory bollocks you cretinous oddball.

8 out of 10 cats will be hilarious!!!! next week I bet. And mock the week. These hip current comics getting the rehab and no no no gags in one after the other whilst that fucking arsehole Jimmy Carr wheels out his painful to listen to fake laugh. LOLZ

Quagmire death is not a competition. Feel free to take aim at the news stations revelling in it, but this is still the death of a 27 year old woman. The Oslo shootings etc don't have to be seen as two extremes, they are both tragedies in their own ways.

She decided to destroy her life. Now she's dead. As I said I'm sad she's dead, but I wish I had the chances she's had. She's basically a worthless piece of shit, as are most drug/alcohol abusers.

She had the chances she had through being talented, its not as if she had it handed to her she had to work hard for it. You call her a piece of shit? You don't know her. You also don't know the level of her abuse or even how she died yet. There was certainly a media image but what went on behind that we will never know. She was an addict and that is a horrible thing to be.

Archived