Amy Winehouse dead

Psygnosis

Just flicked on Sky News. They've spent the last 5 years jumping at the chance to film/photograph her at her absolute worst and saw pound signs every time she showed up anywhere out of her face but now that she's dead it's suddenly a tragedy?? Fuck the media. It's Michael Jackson all over again.

I'd say more like Jade Goody one minute the media were slagging her off and how she was an embarrassment to England ect about 30 seconds after it came out she had Cancer she was the Pride of England

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a bit 'special' aren't you?

And what have you achieved in life? :rolleyes:

Kendo's post is spot on. It's not to say that I don't have sympathies for people battling long term addiction problems, but even just one death in what happened yesterday in Oslo is more tragic that the fate of Ms Winehouse which can be best described as sad.

Even by UKFF death thread standards, this one might be a biscuit-taker. So far we've learnt that drug-related deaths take balls, dying is good for a person and their career, Grammy awards are proof of musical talent (and if you don't have musical talent, don't expect sympathy when you die) and that anyone who is sad about this is an arsehole unless they express considerably more sorrow about another recent tragic event.

• Paid Members

Not too arsed about reading through the rest of the thread to find the ha-ha-larious sickipedia jokes and whatnot, just to say that it's a damn shame to lose someone so young who, at one point, had a load of talent and potential.

Tragedy is the killing of 92 innocent people in Norway... Not the death of one junkie

anyone give a fuck about the junkie who sells big issue outside the arndale in manchester, only difference was he had to beg for his drugs, anyone heard off winehouse ex? allegedly she was clean till she met him

• Moderators
Tragedy is the killing of 92 innocent people in Norway... Not the death of one junkie

But more than 92 people have died in the famine so far. Quick, someone find the single most tragic event and let us only speak of that!

The "the news is a pissing contest" types always come out in full force when two big stories break like this.

A friend of mine posted this on facebook:

"Amy Winehouse died because she was a drug abusing idiot. Almost 100 Norwegians died for absolutely no reason. Get some perspective folks."

And he's completely right. I find it pretty fucked up that facebook has exploded over this when there were very few posts referencing the Norwegian tragedy in comparison.

You win at life.

I'm sure your friend gives more of a shit about them Norweigians. Bless. At least he has perspective.

• Paid Members

Are people seriously putting het up there with Hendrix, Morrison et al? She was good but nowhere near that level.

I didn't realise she was touring Norway. Sorry, that was bad :-(

• Paid Members

Anyone remember the Jade Goody thread? - I think we maybe heading that direction when it comes to this death thread.

Ah lets compare the sympathy scale of the two then! :rolleyes:

Archived