Amy Winehouse dead

Psygnosis

• Paid Members
A bit of a side note but i just turned on Challenge TV in which someone has decided to air an episode of 8 out of 10 cats where Sean Lock makes a joke about Amy Winehouse dying. Although i assume they may have not realised this but it is still in bad taste

Michael Barrymore cracked a joke on Strike It Lucky the other day, to an old bloke who was laughing so hard there was a legit chance he was about to clap out. And Barrymore said ... "I've been in the papers for a lot of things, but not for anyones death!". OH! I think Challange do it on purpose.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What point? No two people suffering from mental health or addiction difficulties are the same? I never disagreed with that at all! :rolleyes:

You've been disagreeing with that point all through the thread.

In such a hypothetical, I would say Whinehouse finally found something within her to realise that her lifestyle choice was going to end up with her dead at a young age. Better late than never for it to come for someone like her thankfully. However getting back to reality, she lived in denial for years about her problems even though she went to clinics several times. I would assume she was not ignorant about the dangers of what she was doing either. If she wasn't capable of processing that, someone close to her should have, it's not as if she lived in isolation.

This is all just "pull yourself together" stuff. No matter how you phrase it, or deny that it's your intention, it's all you've been saying.

:crazy: I reckon you should put down Heat magazine for a moment.

Yeah, big Sophocles feature in this week's issue.

• Paid Members

So what is a tradgey, well for anyone who reads this it is different from what I think and anyone else thinks. Amy Winehouse death is not a tradgey to me because it does not effect me. I wasn't a big fan of her music and she means nothing to me. If someone close to me died under the same circumstances it would be tragic, in fact it was tragic. My mate Rob died from a speed over dose about 6 years ago he died on a mutual friends couch in his flat everyone who was there thought he was asleep so he was there for about 12 hours before the alarm was raised. For me this was a tradgey because I knew him he was a sound guy one of the nicest people you would ever likely to meet. Now everyone else couldn't give a shit about Rob its not tragic for anyone on this forum because he was not connected to any of you as far as I know anyway.

The shooting/bombing in Norway, horrible thing to happen to those people but its not a tradgey to me it won't effect my life it won't change how I live.

I am an addict but I am a stopping addict which for me is fortunate, by that I mean it only takes something big or someone telling me to stop doing and I no longer do it.

I have been addicted to

Drugs, I gave up because my first child was born I smoked 2oz of skunk a week popped twenty odd pills on weekends, sniffed/snorted coke/speed/ket. But as soon as my first child was born I just stopped easy but this then led to.

Drinking adiction, I would drink 10 cans of Stella, Sunday to Thursday and then on Friday and Saturdays I would up this to 15-20, My wife said I was drinking to much after about a year of this so I stopped. I never got arsey with her was never late for work was always around and eventually the drink didn't really get me drunk.

I then got hooked on pain, I used to hit my head off things to find out who was harder skull or object or punch random things jump out of windows three storeys high, I love the rush of the pain when it hit my body was ace. I gave this shit up when my second son was born.

Now altough I appear to be normal and I don't really do drugs maybe the odd smoke now and then and I drink alchohol every now and then I still find myself hooked on something

Relentless I have 3-4 cans a day sometimes I only sleep like two hours in a day I try to stop but can't I just love the rush its the first thing I drink when I wake up.

So I am an addict I needed something to crave but somehow I can give up shit eally easily, trouble is most addicts can't and this is what happened to Winehouse for me her death was not a tradgey but it does not mean it was right. Here parents see it as a tradgey her family, friends, fans and they have every right to for them it was tragic for me it was just another person dieing of a drug overdose.

People are so quick to jump on the whole its her own fault thing or stand by her saying she get caught because now it is very public. I don't see the same people disscussing the fact that an average of 3 women a week are killed from domestic abuse we are in 2011 and still 3 women in Untied Kingdom a week die from abuse from a partner.

5 Babies on average die a week from neglect no topic/thread on that though. I hate all the people who are basically trending who don't know shit about shit but have read the daily mail so are well informed.

The end of it Amy Winehouse died she was a daughter a friend and an idiol to some and those people will view it as a tradgey as they should, too others she is just a skank who done drugs, its not these peoples faults for having these views either because in the last 4 years the press have hounded her and shown her at her worst. Druggies die up and down the country everyday Rob never got exsposure because he was Rob the guy who worked at bleak hall tip and no one knew. Amy Winehouse deserves her place in the hearts of the fans she has inspired and it is very unfortunate she lost her life. Her parents will be crushed by this but me I aint fussed and I don't mean that in a fucking weird 420 way its just she never touched my life and will never.

R.I.P Winehouse, Unfotnuate you got caught, my love goes out to her family, friends and fans.

However one important thing is that Winehouse would have been wealthy enough to have access to the best addiction treatment programmes and units in the country if not beyond. The street junkie you see out of the corner of your eye would be very unlikely to have such access available to them.

Bang on the money there Glen.

Genetics play a fucking massive part.

Something that, as far as I can tell, nobody has disputed in this thread. Why do people always reach for all-or-nothing answers? Genetics may play a "massive fucking" part, to use your clinical definition, but it's not the WHOLE story. You cannot simply abrogate all responsibility for your own life and blame it on bad genes. Someone doesn't become obese just because of genetics; someone doesn't become an addict just because of genetics.

I really think it's dangerous, this attitude as it encourages people to think of themselves as incurable, or beyond help. I prefer the Narcotics Anonymous approach, which builds awareness of one's personal involvement in one's addiction and helps addicts to help themselves. And, yes, I do believe the same is true to an extent in mental health conditions. It is absolutely NOT "pull yourself together", that's an incredibly simplistic view. Is that all psychotherapists do?

Something that, as far as I can tell, nobody has disputed in this thread. Why do people always reach for all-or-nothing answers? Genetics may play a "massive fucking" part, to use your clinical definition, but it's not the WHOLE story. You cannot simply abrogate all responsibility for your own life and blame it on bad genes. Someone doesn't become obese just because of genetics; someone doesn't become an addict just because of genetics.

I really think it's dangerous, this attitude as it encourages people to think of themselves as incurable, or beyond help. I prefer the Narcotics Anonymous approach, which builds awareness of one's personal involvement in one's addiction and helps addicts to help themselves. And, yes, I do believe the same is true to an extent in mental health conditions. It is absolutely NOT "pull yourself together", that's an incredibly simplistic view. Is that all psychotherapists do?

As well as my farther about 90% of my family (on both sides) are alcoholics or have at least some kind of drink problem so I never started to drink alcohol with reasoning if I never started to drink I would never become addicted.

I was incapable of writing anything else at that point.

DON'T END UP LIKE ME, KIDS.

I can't photoshop but thought id share these from b3ta.com

amywinehouserip.jpg

amyvalerie.jpg

was in a taxi this morning on my way to work when i heard a caller call in about amy winehouse, the caller says how sorry and upset he was about the news of her passing but then right at the end came away with this, can i say one last thing "if she's getting cremated then all the crack addicts will be at her funeral getting high of her fumes" the presenter was left speechless and the other person who was a female gasp'd then they cut to adverts which just happened to be about drugs and overdoses

Archived