Amy Winehouse dead

Psygnosis

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, I've known it too happen with people quitting smoking aswell. Gradually is the key according to the doctors.

Seriously!? Fuck. Never heard of that one either.

Once I cold turkyed cigaretts and and stayed quit for 7 years. Unlss you're talking about smoking other subbstances than tobacco?

Seriously!? Fuck. Never heard of that one either.

Once I cold turkyed cigaretts and and stayed quit for 7 years. Unlss you're talking about smoking other subbstances than tobacco?

Nah man, just cigarettes,a guy in my street died aged 40 after quitting, he was only off them a week.

It's a shock to the body.

It's a shame that Amy Winehouse has died, a great talent that would of become even bigger if her demons never got the better of her.

• Moderators
Nah man, just cigarettes,a guy in my street died aged 40 after quitting, he was only off them a week.

Did you ever think that it might just be a coincidence? Dare I say the years of smoking contributed to his death perhaps?

• Paid Members

Several years ago, my mother attempted to give up the smokes by going cold turkey. A couple of days in, she was reduced to a shivering wreck on the couch with her face as white as a ghost. It was awful, had never seen her that ill before. Or since come to think of it.

• Paid Members
It's what the papers are now saying, and yeah it very much can. Alchohol's one of the few substances that can kill you if you stop cold turkey.

But where did the papers get that from? The post mortum was inconclusive so surely that mean nothing will be know until the toxicology result, which I'm afraid my money is still some kind of overdose or drug/alcohol issue such as organ failure.

• Paid Members
It came from her parents. Ahem.

Neither of which are of medical background to my knowledge, so I don't see how they could know this unless reports that the post mortum was inconclusive were wrong. End of the day we're talking 2 parents grieving for the daughter who in all likelyhood died due to the way she lived her life. Maybe thinking that for a while makes it seem better for them. I dunno, but if that turns out to be the cause of death I'll run naked through Off Topic!

Very good I thought, much better than "She had more shots in the arm than a norweigan teenager," which was just cruel.

Anyway, now it's come out that the cause of death looks to be toxic shock from coming off the booze, can we upgrade her to tragedy do ya reckon glen?

If that is proved to be the case, then she did something against medical advice which warned it could kill her. The only defence is if no one else knew she was going cold turkey and she wasn't aware of the danger involved.

If that is proved to be the case, then she did something against medical advice which warned it could kill her. The only defence is if no one else knew she was going cold turkey and she wasn't aware of the danger involved.

I wonder how many messed-up alcoholics in history have successfully quit booze by gradually winding down how much they drink each day. More than zero?

Archived