Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Are people actually debating a Tweet that the Rock made most probably as part of a storyline as if he were being serious?

Not saying it's "a shoot", just saying what he said was close to true. Maybe he wouldn't draw "in one night what Punk would draw in a lifetime", given that Punk's career is still going full-tilt and isn't showing any signs of slowing yet, but as things are, he would clearly add more to a Mania buyrate with him in the main event than Punk would (assuming that they weren't facing each other, of course).

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be a different debate in itself, but there's something that irks me about the image of Colt Cabana and CM Punk bitching about things in WWE. At the end of the day, we might all do it but we're all just fans with no real fucking clue ourselves so our opinion is pretty redundant compared to that of a wrestler. However, the idea of actual genuine professionals whinging about the way its done (and by all accounts - has always been done) in WWE whilst sat on their high horses is pretty frustrating. If Punk was so miserable, why didn't he get off the gravy train? Because money is bigger than his pride and he should thank himself lucky to be earning it - so very few get there and do so.

This probably isn't the best example, but Jeff Hardy loves drugs and hates the road. When these two traits come together, he doesn't sell out to himself, he buggers off to enjoy crystal meth and a good sit down in TNA. Okay, these days he'd probably fail wellness, but on both ocassions, he was in control of his situation, and he chose to fuck the big wages and merchandise cheques right off.

I like both Colt Cabana and Punk, but everybody now must know how it works when you work for Vince. And if ultimately, if CM Punk really does feel this way, I hope he does bugger. He obviously wouldn't be able to retain the enthusiasm to continue to put the highest level of effort in every week. It's why for me, one Cena is worth a million of these.

All that said, I was pretty confident he was sticking around, but Cabana giving us that sort of insight makes me wonder.

• Paid Members

The thing is, we heard bullshitfrom punk all the time. We never hear it about, say, Daniel Bryan, who's clearly as much "king of the indies" as Punk was. Maybe he's just less of a twat?

The thing is, we heard bullshitfrom punk all the time. We never hear it about, say, Daniel Bryan, who's clearly as much "king of the indies" as Punk was. Maybe he's just less of a twat?

Or perhaps he's happy to be there and gives a shit about staying in WWE?

• Paid Members

Or perhaps he's happy to be there and gives a shit about staying in WWE?

But there's been stuff with Punk basically since he started. If he didn't give a shit then, why's he there now?

This could be a different debate in itself, but there's something that irks me about the image of Colt Cabana and CM Punk bitching about things in WWE. At the end of the day, we might all do it but we're all just fans with no real fucking clue ourselves so our opinion is pretty redundant compared to that of a wrestler. However, the idea of actual genuine professionals whinging about the way its done (and by all accounts - has always been done) in WWE whilst sat on their high horses is pretty frustrating. If Punk was so miserable, why didn't he get off the gravy train? Because money is bigger than his pride and he should thank himself lucky to be earning it - so very few get there and do so.

This probably isn't the best example, but Jeff Hardy loves drugs and hates the road. When these two traits come together, he doesn't sell out to himself, he buggers off to enjoy crystal meth and a good sit down in TNA. Okay, these days he'd probably fail wellness, but on both ocassions, he was in control of his situation, and he chose to fuck the big wages and merchandise cheques right off.

I like both Colt Cabana and Punk, but everybody now must know how it works when you work for Vince. And if ultimately, if CM Punk really does feel this way, I hope he does bugger. He obviously wouldn't be able to retain the enthusiasm to continue to put the highest level of effort in every week. It's why for me, one Cena is worth a million of these.

All that said, I was pretty confident he was sticking around, but Cabana giving us that sort of insight makes me wonder.

Well you know I assume you don't give up on your dream job easily. Whats wrong with proffessional criticism as well? I can't remember anywhere hearing Punk complain in an interview or anything (bar this shoot) its only been newz sites saying he's unhappy or whatever..

• Paid Members

Hmm I'm not sure I agree with this. Every job I've ever had has been filled with people at every rung of the ladder bitching about how things are done. It seems like a perfectly normal thing. I don't see why a wrestler has less reason to bitch about the business choices of the WWE than say an accountant does.

• Paid Members

Wasn't Punk's supposed discontent reported as being a recent thing? That he's fed up of not being positioned as a perennial main eventer, despite (in his opinion) delivering in everything he does?

Not saying I necessarily agree either way - he's been given a lot of storyline accolades (championships, leadership of two factions) and therefore a lot of exposure thus far, but by the same token I suppose he's frustrated at not being treated like one of the best. Might seem whiny, but bear in mind that none of the previous big names would've put up with it - Hogan, Hart, Michaels, they all spoke up when they felt they should be pushed more or booked better.

• Paid Members

If Cabana is also working everyone then this storyline really is gold. A lot of effort is being put in to convey the realism of the whole thing.

Archived