Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like storylines based on reality as well but Punk's I'm going to take your Title and go home routine is just shit and I almost burst into laughter when he said that he may defend the Title in New Japan or RoH.

Why? Thats exactly what Punks character would do, he clearly meant it in a storyline manner.

The best thing they can do with this is have the Title 'hijacked' by Punk all the way until next years WrestleMania, and have him return at the event to defend it against the winner of the Royal Rumble. All the time between now and then they can have so many cool twists and turns. It would even go as far as to elivate the World Title in its absense.

That isn't going to happen though is it.

• Paid Members
The best thing they can do with this is have the Title 'hijacked' by Punk all the way until next years WrestleMania, and have him return at the event to defend it against the winner of the Royal Rumble. All the time between now and then they can have so many cool twists and turns. It would even go as far as to elivate the World Title in its absense.

That isn't going to happen though is it.

Can we start a petition to rename him The Spaz instead?

When a juicy story gets going people seem obsessed with it going on for years until Wrestlemania 43 or something, i'm all for a decent lenghty storyline but I think the nature of wrestling these days doesn't lend itself well to having year long continually going storylines. 'Twists and turns' isn't enough to cover about 9 months worth of weekly TV.

• Paid Members

Meltzer and Alvarez's fantasy booking on the Raw discussion show was a bit of a downer and at the same time a bit mental. Alvarez thinks they should bring in the Kings of Wrestling and Paul Heyman to feud with Vince and Cena, Meltzer said they've wasted this angle building a PPV that wont draw and added they should have saved the angle for Brock Lesnars return (Eh?!) and they should bring in Bret Hart to team with CM Punk to play off the Montreal Screwjob. The pair of them sounded they wouldnt pass a wellness tests. Meltzer turned all Fin Martin. He even said "if you did this angle with someone bigger than CM Punk, you could get a huge buyrate out of it". He's right to be fair, but I thought Meltzer would have been tearing the skin off his cock watching that promo.

I grabbed the WO Radio this week to hear their take on the Punk stuff, but I soon realised they were going to talk about the RAW they taped, so I immediately turned it off before hearing spoilers.

Was there anything new about the subject they they had to report?

I like storylines based on reality as well but Punk's I'm going to take your Title and go home routine is just shit and I almost burst into laughter when he said that he may defend the Title in New Japan or RoH.

Why? Thats exactly what Punks character would do, he clearly meant it in a storyline manner.

Because I don't buy into it at all, Punk isn't leaving with the Title end of story (even if he does win it) so this whole feud is a massive waste of time to me and I don't buy into Punk (who I am a big fan of) being any kind of threat to Cena.

It's just another match that has been done to death to me (a big problem with the WWE in general these days) and there is no way I could take Punk's I may even defend the Title in New Japan line seriously even in a storyline setting.

Maybe I will be proven wrong (which would be nice actually) but I fully expect the usual groans of dissapointment on here following the PPV.

• Paid Members

Not to much. They just laughed at the thought of anyone thinking its real. They said it was a good angle, but Meltzer underplayed it like WWE were going to fuck it up anyway, so its pointless getting excited, bringing up that Cena wasnt off television a week after he was fired, so why should be believe Punk is going anywhere etc. He did say that the word backstage is that Punk isnt going anywhere, and he'll be still a WWE regular after Money in the Bank.

• Paid Members
Meltzer and Alvarez's fantasy booking on the Raw discussion show was a bit of a downer and at the same time a bit mental. Alvarez thinks they should bring in the Kings of Wrestling and Paul Heyman to feud with Vince and Cena, Meltzer said they've wasted this angle building a PPV that wont draw and added they should have saved the angle for Brock Lesnars return (Eh?!) and they should bring in Bret Hart to team with CM Punk to play off the Montreal Screwjob. The pair of them sounded they wouldnt pass a wellness tests. Meltzer turned all Fin Martin. He even said "if you did this angle with someone bigger than CM Punk, you could get a huge buyrate out of it". He's right to be fair, but I thought Meltzer would have been tearing the skin off his cock watching that promo.

TBF about the Bret Hart suggestion, he was saying that as he was trying to think of better ways of using Alvarez' internet wank-a-thon. Bret Hart joining Punk to fight Vince McMahon is much better than getting the ugly Paul Heyman and two guys that the audience doesn't cares about in WWE. Punk already has three guys nobody cares about in Nexus.

Not to much. They just laughed at the thought of anyone thinking its real. They said it was a good angle, but Meltzer underplayed it like WWE were going to fuck it up anyway, so its pointless getting excited, bringing up that Cena wasnt off television a week after he was fired, so why should be believe Punk is going anywhere etc. He did say that the word backstage is that Punk isnt going anywhere, and he'll be still a WWE regular after Money in the Bank.

Ah cool, thanks for that.

The first thing I thought was, "well, he's staying then, right?"

They have build guys up before they leave before (Batista and jericho, for example) having them lose in PPV Title matches on the way out, but it's rare that they allow someone to shit on the company and it's main star (worked, or otherwise) before they walk out the door.

On the subject of thinking it's real (and that making you a moron), I think a lot of people are forgetting how young many WWE viewers are.

I remember when i was about 14 and Bret Hart went mental at Vince after losing a Cage Match on RAW. He was swearing and going "off script". Now, I didn't suddenly go "wow, turns out wrestling is real after all", but I did think "Shit!! That was really weird? I've not seen anything like that before. I wonder what will happen next".

Plenty of younger fans will never have seen such a promo on WWE TV before, so from that point of view, it could certainly help drum up interest I think. Sure, jaded, internet smarks thinking it's "all real" is a bit silly, but younger fans, certainly not.

I also don't think it's all that mental to be open to the possibility that Punk did (maybe, just maybe) go a little over the top. They had surely planned that cutting his mike was going to be the end of the segment, but who knows at what point that was planned to happen? Shit, either way, it's all more interesting than the end of virtually every other RAW in the last year, so who cares!

TBF about the Bret Hart suggestion, he was saying that as he was trying to think of better ways of using Alvarez' internet wank-a-thon. Bret Hart joining Punk to fight Vince McMahon is much better than getting the ugly Paul Heyman and two guys that the audience doesn't cares about in WWE. Punk already has three guys nobody cares about in Nexus.

I've no idea who the Kings of Wrestling are, but they couldn't be any worse than Bret Hart being brought back as a baddie and mate of CM Punk in a tag feud against John Cena and Vince McMahon. Punk's whole character is a dirty scumbag, Bret's far closer to Cena's character than to Punk's. Plus they already did the shit storyline revenge for Montreal last year.

I remember when i was about 14 and Bret Hart went mental at Vince after losing a Cage Match on RAW. He was swearing and going "off script". Now, I didn't suddenly go "wow, turns out wrestling is real after all", but I did think "Shit!! That was really weird? I've not seen anything like that before. I wonder what will happen next"

What would you have thought if he started talking about Taz, Pat Patterson and Lou Albano?

Plenty of younger fans will never have seen such a promo on WWE TV before, so from that point of view, it could certainly help drum up interest I think. Sure, jaded, internet smarks thinking it's "all real" is a bit silly, but younger fans, certainly not.

Unless these younger fans are Lil' Fappies, they wouldn't have any idea what relevance Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, Colt Cabana and Johnny Ace have to anything in the first place. They'd have only heard of one or maybe two of those names.

I remember when i was about 14 and Bret Hart went mental at Vince after losing a Cage Match on RAW. He was swearing and going "off script". Now, I didn't suddenly go "wow, turns out wrestling is real after all", but I did think "Shit!! That was really weird? I've not seen anything like that before. I wonder what will happen next"

What would you have thought if he started talking about Taz, Pat Patterson and Lou Albano?

Unless these younger fans are Lil' Fappies, they wouldn't have any idea what relevance Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, Colt Cabana and Johnny Ace have to anything in the first place. They'd have only heard of one or maybe two of those names.

Even a younger fan knows that Cena is supposed to be "The Best" and that the McMahon's own WWE. Sure there were insiders names they won't know, but the general gist was pretty obvious. He called everyone in the back douchebags and idiots. Claimed he was the best and deserved more. Said he'd take the WWE Title to other companies.

All of that would be perfectly understandable to younger fans (and I did say I was 14, not 7 in that previous reference).

I recon most young American wrestling fans know who Brock Lesnar is, even if they were not watching him at the time in WWE.

• Paid Members

My mate proposed at work today that much as Vince McMahon bankrolled ECW near the end (he says), he wouldn't be surprised if Vince is slipping ROH the odd quid or two to help keep them going as they have shown to be somewhere that (rightly or wrongly) he can raid for talent.

I say rightly or wrongly, because while even the most-hardened of fapper-abuser would agree that CM Punk has been made a star of after a couple of false starts, there seem to be an equal or greater number that dismiss Daniel Bryan as "bland" or Evan Bourne as a shitehawk.

He also mentioned what Alvarez said and that it would be presented somewhat as an ROH "invasion" and suggested Cabana would come along as well as the Kings, and maybe even call Seth Rollins up from Florida.

My mate talks a lot of gash....

Archived