Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

Daftest thing i have heard following Punks shoot. My mate (who is a behind closed doors wwe fan) Rang me up and asked whats a New Japan Pro Wrestling and a ROH. Hes 28

I know loads of people that age that have loved WWE for years but have never heard of NJPW or ROH. So what?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what's annoying? The people that are like "ZOMG I KNEW IT WAS SCRIPTED BECAUSE.." like you're so fucking smarter than everyone else.

EVERYONE should know it wasn't real for fucks sake. No one should be stupid enough to think that a company of that size would let someone run their mouth like that for such a long time without cutting him off if it wasn't what they planned.

For me, I just loved that it FELT real. I really enjoy storylines based in reality.

Great post Repo.

I totally agree. What is annoying though is that I have actually had to explain to one or two people that it was a work and Punk didn't actually grab the microphone and just shoot and have an unplanned rant, I had to explain that Punk wasn't actually fired and it was part of a storyline. One of the guys always goes on about how crap WWE and wrestling in general is at the moment and only watches old NWA tapes and thinks he knows everything about wrestling, despite not watching much other than his old tapes, which made having to explain that to him even more bizzare.

Daftest thing i have heard following Punks shoot. My mate (who is a behind closed doors wwe fan) Rang me up and asked whats a New Japan Pro Wrestling and a ROH. Hes 28

I know loads of people that age that have loved WWE for years but have never heard of NJPW or ROH. So what?

I don't think anyone I know who is a casual fan would know what NJPW or ROH are. Also I doubt many would know what TNA is.

You know what's annoying? The people that are like "ZOMG I KNEW IT WAS SCRIPTED BECAUSE.." like you're so fucking smarter than everyone else.

EVERYONE should know it wasn't real for fucks sake. No one should be stupid enough to think that a company of that size would let someone run their mouth like that for such a long time without cutting him off if it wasn't what they planned.

For me, I just loved that it FELT real. I really enjoy storylines based in reality.

Great post Repo.

Exactly my sentiments. The work/shoot argument just makes people look dumb. Of course it was worked, but that's not the point. It's the fact that it was a hell of a realistic promo and one that you could believe in. Much like Bret's stuff circa '97. It was a 'from the heart' promo that they should be doing more of because that is what makes great TV.

• Paid Members

I don't think anyone I know who is a casual fan would know what NJPW or ROH are. Also I doubt many would know what TNA is.

Definitely not. My Dad's what I always look at when thinking of a casual fan. He knows the Great Muta from his WCW stint, but calls him "that Chinese bloke". Didn't know WCW had him on loan from New Japan. He just thought he lived in the area, so WCW brought him in. And he has no clue what Ring of Honor is. He knows what TNA is, though, because its the one night of the week they take Bullseye off Challenge.

• Paid Members
"C.M. Punk: It's simple business. The Rock is in the main event at Wrestlemania cause it draws more money in one night then u will in a lifetime." - The Rock's response to Punk. So honest.

Fixed. Not just Punk, but it probably goes for most of the roster.

it was more the question ive never really watched much outside wwe but i would never ask Whats a New Japan Pro Wrestling. Id maybe ask whos in New Japan

To be fair, I find the Rock to be a bit of an arsehole these days. His twitter is full of bollocks about 'POSITIVITY', 'TEAM BRING IT' blah blah blah. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a McMahon ass-kisser. At least Punk has some balls.

To be fair, I find the Rock to be a bit of an arsehole these days. His twitter is full of bollocks about 'POSITIVITY', 'TEAM BRING IT' blah blah blah. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a McMahon ass-kisser. At least Punk has some balls.

I imagine it will be the other way round. Rock probably couldn't care less about main eventing Wrestlemania. He makes more in 4 months shooting a movie that he would do main eventing 5 Wrestlemanias.

Vince needs Rock more than Rock needs Vince.

"C.M. Punk: It's simple business. The Rock is in the main event at Wrestlemania cause it draws more money in one night then u will in a lifetime." - The Rock's response to Punk. So honest.

Fixed. Not just Punk, but it probably goes for most of the roster.

Its not true though, Wresltemania is what draws, not whos in the main event. Yeah of course having The Rock in the main event will help it draw better but if Rock pulled out and Punk took his place the show would still draw.

In response to the above, Wrestlemania draws, Wrestlemania with The Rock draws even more.

The Rock is correct in what he says. If your gonna dish it out then you have to be able to take it as well.

Anyway, here is a little taster as to how WWE are using the speech going forward. It's a good little video hope to see a lot more like in in the next few weeks.

http://vids.wwe.com/12436/raw-rebound-june-27-2011

Archived