Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously they will need to freshen it up at some point or think of different ways for people to cash in, but at the minute I quite like the idea of Money in the Bank being a "guaranteed title win" as they say, gives the matches and PPV more prestige.

Also if i'm honest I can't see me personally ever getting bored of the surprise cash-in because although you know how it it will go when it happens, you don't know when it's coming.

heres what i think will happen

ADR comes out on raw complaining about the fact that punk has been given his shot back when ADR won the triple threat the previous week, the gm chimes in that in the interest of fairness he will grant ADR his shot later that night and will allow him to keep his place in MITB even if he loses the title match.

in the match ADR looks to have the title won when punk appears causing a dq and nails both with a gts, vowing that no one is going to stop him from leaving with the title and ending cenas career

three men go back and forth on the go home show, each promising to do something, cena keeping the title, punk leaving with the title, and ADR vowing to win MITB and cash it in that night

at the ppv, ADR wins MITB and appears at the end of the title match, accidentally costing cena the match as he tries to payback punk for doing the same to him on raw, punk wins the belt but ADR immediately cashes in after punk taunts him, cena gets his payback on ADR by hitting the AA on ADR giving punk the win and the title is his

next night on raw the gm or mcmahon announces that while punk won then retained the title, he is no longer the wwe champion and a tournament to be concluded at summerslam will be held where the winner will be recognised as the new wwe champion

this scenario allows for punk to leave as champion, cena to take some time offsso that they can build towards the match with rock when he returns and introduce a new design for the wwe title

Obviously they will need to freshen it up at some point or think of different ways for people to cash in, but at the minute I quite like the idea of Money in the Bank being a "guaranteed title win" as they say, gives the matches and PPV more prestige.

Also if i'm honest I can't see me personally ever getting bored of the surprise cash-in because although you know how it it will go when it happens, you don't know when it's coming.

Scenarios I'd like to see:

1) For the two wwe / world champions to form an alliance, by which they watch each other's backs and prevent the MITB winners from trying anything sneaky. Could lead to a interesting scenario where by the MITB use their title shots together to form a tag team match for both world titles.

2) The MITB winner to use his shot during a title match, thus cancelling the match ongoing and effectively screw over anyone who was about to win.

3) For a MITB winner to use his shot, only for the other MITB bank winner use his immediately afterwards.

Any others?

Thats something they dont need though. Especially on the night. If RVD lost to Cena there wouldnt be much embarrassment there, because it was a fair fight. But if Alberto ran out and Cena beat him, that would be a career killer.

Yes on the otherside of the coin it could help someone, even in defeat. I agree it would hurt Del Rio, especially as he was a victim of the Edge retirement. He would have probably have been World Champion at Mania if Edge hadn't decided he would retire. Then ofcourse WWE wanted the feelgood moment of Christian winning the World Title, again at the expense of Del Rio.

Now Del Rio won a No1 Contenders match on Raw last night, so I don't think he will be winning the MITB. Remember MITB isn't a No1 contenders match.

So that brings me to other possible contenders of who will win Raws MITB.

Bourne - I doubt it. Last night on Raw he had a mature chedder cheesey segment with Slaughter then saved Slaughter after he lost to Swagger.

Swagger - After four months participating in the Lawler/Cole feud, for him to win MITB again would be random and pointless. Mind you, he won it out of nowhere at WrestleMania 26.

The Miz - A very strong contender obviously. He has been loosing left right and centre to Reilly as of late, but a MITB win could be an interesting twist. He could cash in on Cena on the same night, and have Reilly cost him the match. Reilly and Cena standing tall at the end of the night.

Reilly - He is still new as a babyface, but gets a great reaction when he comes out. If (a big IF) he could win MITB, cash it in that night on Punk, and have Miz cost him the match. Punk and Miz celebate at the end of the PPV.

Del Rio - Super Cena beats Punk, Rio cashes in, super Cena wins. Yes like said above, this would kill Rio. It would however set up the feud nicely for Summerslam.

Kingston - Can't think of a viable theory for him winning MITB then loosing a cash in the same night. Ziggler could cost him it but would be a bit weak.

Mysterio - Same as Kingston really. Ofcourse he could cash in on Punk then Punk beat him clean I guess.

Truth - He would not be hurt if he won then lost a cash in. He is a bit of a comedy heel really. Super Cena could pin him in three seconds.

• Moderators
Mysterio - Same as Kingston really. Ofcourse he could cash in on Punk then Punk beat him clean I guess.

I can't think of a worse idea than having a face cash in and lose clean to the heel after the heel has already wrestled.

Thats something they dont need though. Especially on the night. If RVD lost to Cena there wouldnt be much embarrassment there, because it was a fair fight. But if Alberto ran out and Cena beat him, that would be a career killer.

Yes on the otherside of the coin it could help someone, even in defeat. I agree it would hurt Del Rio, especially as he was a victim of the Edge retirement. He would have probably have been World Champion at Mania if Edge hadn't decided he would retire. Then ofcourse WWE wanted the feelgood moment of Christian winning the World Title, again at the expense of Del Rio.

The WWE and Edge found out about Edge's career ending injury AFTER Mania.

• Paid Members

The WWE and Edge found out about Edge's career ending injury AFTER Mania.

I do remember reading that Edge had taken the medical exam before Mania though, so they did have a sign that maybe it'd be wise to get the belt off him.

• Paid Members

I'd say the best way to make the first MITB cash-in loss work would be to have an established name win it and try to cash in on a new-face champion.

• Paid Members

I can't think of a worse idea than having a face cash in and lose clean to the heel after the heel has already wrestled.

Not that Keeno's idea isn't stupid, but it's Chicago, Punk ain't gonna be a heel

Not that Keeno's idea isn't stupid, but it's Chicago, Punk ain't gonna be a heel

Ai. If Del Rio cashes in against Punk and wins it in Chicago, the amount of heat that man is going to get will be (potentially) unreal.

• Moderators

But Mysterio has to go to work tomorrow, in a town where Punk would be seen as a heel.

• Paid Members

But Mysterio has to go to work tomorrow, in a town where Punk would be seen as a heel.

It depends on what they do in Boston really. It looks liek they're doing sort of semi turn for Punk (based mostly on the fact that any one that goes against Vince is a face).

Don't get me wrong tho9ugh, Mysterio would be a fucking stupid choice. He's the ultimate underdog.

Archived