Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

I never said that was the ending they were going to go for. When I mean "there are plenty of ways", I meant in terms of making it look like one of those "uncomfortable" moments, like when Nexus destroyed the ring.

Once again - not saying that it wasn't completely planned, I'm just asking that people keep an open mind and not insult or patronise people who might do.

Well personally, I'd never insult or patronise anyone who wasn't a div. Do you genuinely not think the promo was meant to come across as Punk going into business for himself against the wishes of WWE and the production staff? And if you do accept that the "shoot" feel was the intention, in what way would cutting the mic not enhance that?

The day after the stage fell on Vince McMahon and he was going "Paul, I can't feel my legs" to Triple H, were you saying people should keep an open mind over whether the accident was real as well (or rather, "the stage was meant to fall but maybe he really did get crippled"), or would you have told anyone who thought it was real to have a word with themselves?

Do you not think it was convenient that they put the end of show graphic on a lot earlier this week and then coincidentally, had to cut off Punk and the broadcast suddenly?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because you think Barbie doll look-a-like girls are the be all and end all. Taste is subjective. Because (some) footballers like barbies doesnt mean thats the kind of bar we should all be setting for ourselves. You might think a plastic ring rat is the top of the tree, but plenty others dont.

EDIT: Aimed at Legace, obviously.

No I said barbies are the most marketable and they are. There would be no point having a natural girl on Raw because she simply wouldn't draw. You have to cater to the mass audience. You don't see a 10 stone WWE champion do you? No because they simply would not sell. It's the same with the Divas, a pale non glamour girl wouldn't sell it's that simple my friend. I understand people have different tastes, of course they do but that has nothing to do with the business point I was making, hell look at Trish Stratus, tanned, platinum blonde with big fake boobs, went on to become the mose successful female wrestler in WWE history. If she was "natural" looking would that have happened? No Chance. And how is Maryse a ring rat? It's a called a gimmick. Would you really turn girls like her and Trish down? If yes then you are the cretin, which is a shit insult by the way!

It was this part of your post that made me think you were a cretin.

Why do you think millionaires and footballer types go for girls like that? Because girls like that are at the top of the tree and only wealthy people can get them. Wealthy people can have any girl they want and they go for barbies, that should tell you all you need to know.

Well then you've killed your own argument then. You criticize my taste but when I do the same to you I'm a cretin? Why haven't you answered any of my questions, is that cause you're a cretin too?

• Paid Members
I never said that was the ending they were going to go for. When I mean "there are plenty of ways", I meant in terms of making it look like one of those "uncomfortable" moments, like when Nexus destroyed the ring.

Once again - not saying that it wasn't completely planned, I'm just asking that people keep an open mind and not insult or patronise people who might do.

Well personally, I'd never insult or patronise anyone who wasn't a div.

Funny, but you know what I mean - judging someone to be a div in the first place because of such things is what I'm referring to.

Do you genuinely not think the promo was meant to come across as Punk going into business for himself against the wishes of WWE and the production staff? And if you do accept that the "shoot" feel was the intention, in what way would cutting the mic not enhance that?

The day after the stage fell on Vince McMahon and he was going "Paul, I can't feel my legs" to Triple H, were you saying people should keep an open mind over whether the accident was real as well (or rather, "the stage was meant to fall but maybe he really did get crippled"), or would you have told anyone who thought it was real to have a word with themselves?

Given that they'd already tried a "Vince McMahon is dead" angle a while previously, I don't think that angle is the best example.

And I'm not saying I think, definitively, that WWE didn't intend for it to look like a shoot-work. Is it really so unreasonable to ask that people keep an open mind here? I'm doing so simply because there's precedent for it, not to mention that no human being is so absolutely perfect that everything goes according to plan.

• Paid Members
Because you think Barbie doll look-a-like girls are the be all and end all. Taste is subjective. Because (some) footballers like barbies doesnt mean thats the kind of bar we should all be setting for ourselves. You might think a plastic ring rat is the top of the tree, but plenty others dont.

No I said barbies are the most marketable and they are. There would be no point having a natural girl on Raw because she simply wouldn't draw. You have to cater to the mass audience. You don't see a 10 stone WWE champion do you? No because they simply would not sell. It's the same with the Divas, a pale non glamour girl wouldn't sell it's that simple my friend. I understand people have different tastes, of course they do but that has nothing to do with the business point I was making, hell look at Trish Stratus, tanned, platinum blonde with big fake boobs, went on to become the mose successful female wrestler in WWE history. If she was "natural" looking would that have happened? No Chance. And how is Maryse a ring rat? It's a called a gimmick. Would you really turn girls like her and Trish down? If yes then you are the cretin, which is a shit insult by the way!

Why do you think millionaires and footballer types go for girls like that? Because girls like that are at the top of the tree and only wealthy people can get them. Wealthy people can have any girl they want and they go for barbies, that should tell you all you need to know.

Well then you've killed your own argument then. You criticize my taste but when I do the same to you I'm a cretin? Why haven't you answered any of my questions, is that cause you're a cretin too?

Ugh. I didnt think we'd end up with 3/4 posts on this, but you keep missing the point. Where did I criticize your taste? I said not everyone should have the same taste, and that taste is subjective. Something you seemed to fail to grasp, what with your "nobody would turn down a girl like Maryse" type comments. Or that footballers and millionaires all go for barbies so thats all we need to know about it. Meaning that if they go for that type, we all should? Or that barbies are the top of the tree. Your the one making comments about what we all should like. Not me. I'm saying that not everyone has to find someone like Maryse and her type attractive. You think we all should. You can like her for all I care. I dont have an issue with that. Get it?

Ugh. I didnt think we'd end up with 3/4 posts on this, but you keep missing the point. Where did I criticize your taste? I said not everyone should have the same taste, and that taste is subjective. Something you seemed to fail to grasp, what with your "nobody would turn down a girl like Maryse" type comments. Or that footballers and millionaires all go for barbies so thats all we need to know about it. Meaning that if they go for that type, we all should? Or that barbies are the top of the tree. Your the one making comments about what we all should like. Not me. I'm saying that not everyone has to find someone like Maryse and her type attractive. You think we all should. You can like her for all I care. I dont have an issue with that. Get it?

What was your original comment again? Maryse is a bit too plastic? A plastic ring rat? Some shit like that, sounds like a criticism to me. Seriously, would you turn down Maryse? Seriously now?

If not earlier, the bit where punk distanced himself from Brock by saying 'I'll be leaving with the www title' should have been the moment where it clicked that it was scripted. You don't intersperse shoots with pretend threats.

• Paid Members
What was your original comment again? Maryse is a bit too plastic? A plastic ring rat? Some shit like that, sounds like a criticism to me. Seriously, would you turn down Maryse? Seriously now?

You're getting confused now. My original comment was that you were a cretin. You were talking to someone else before that. You said earlier that plastic girls are the best. You've refered to her as a "barbie" numerous times. By your own admission she is plastic.

EDIT: I will say though, that I originally called you a cretin in a bit of a flippant manner. You're probably a lovely chap really, so I apologise about the name calling, seen as you seemed to get a bit hung up on that.

You two are really fucking boring.

You've hurt my feelings.

You're getting confused now. My original comment was that you were a cretin. You were talking to someone else before that. You said earlier that plastic girls are the best. You've refered to her as a "barbie" numerous times. By your own admission she is plastic.

EDIT: I will say though, that I originally called you a cretin in a bit of a flippant manner. You're probably a lovely chap really, so I apologise about the name calling, seen as you seemed to get a bit hung up on that.

You two are really fucking boring.

You've hurt my feelings.

I'm not the one who's confused, you said she was plastic and I replied to YOU, then you called me a cretin which you have apologized for. As far as her and other glamour girls being plastic and barbies goes, you're right they are, that's the look girls like that go for, to get attention and it works. It just annoys me when people make fun of girls like that. It makes no sense, you don't see barbie girls pointing at pale natural girls in the street and looking at them like they're freaks. When people make fun of glamour girls it just screams jelousy and low self esteem on their part because girls wish they had that level of attention and men wish they were with them. Now, seriously, seriously, you wouldn't really turn down Maryse if she came onto you...would you?

You know what's annoying? The people that are like "ZOMG I KNEW IT WAS SCRIPTED BECAUSE.." like you're so fucking smarter than everyone else.

EVERYONE should know it wasn't real for fucks sake. No one should be stupid enough to think that a company of that size would let someone run their mouth like that for such a long time without cutting him off if it wasn't what they planned.

For me, I just loved that it FELT real. I really enjoy storylines based in reality.

Archived